Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 12:42 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Just as soon as communities (based on skin color) start acting as a collective that you take black community to be?
How rich since you're referencing a community that votes 95% for one party every year, without much debate.

A community where when one has a counterview they are denounced as Uncle Toms. A community where speaking correct English is deemed, "talking white".

Yet you want folks to view its culture as somehow diverse. Um ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 12:55 PM

810 posts, read 836,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
BTW, there were non-blacks who fought for equal rights for blacks during the Civil Rights Movement. Again, since you love talking about the violence in the black community, other than posting links on a messageboard, what are you doing to help?
People need to help themselves otherwise they become a nuisance. I don't subscribe to the liberal ideology where I need to waste my money or deal with infantile ingrates who want everyone else to pick up their turds.

The problem is that certain blacks and liberals want to censor news of excessive crime originating from black communities due to a twisted notion of racial pride. They don't want to accept the problem of high disproportinate rate of crime that blacks contribute to the nation. Their strategy is to accuse everyone else of racism for bringing up that reality. White people had to deal with their racism. Then blacks should also be honest about certain people in their communities causing 50% of the total murders around the country.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:50 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,744,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
How rich since you're referencing a community that votes 95% for one party every year, without much debate.

A community where when one has a counterview they are denounced as Uncle Toms. A community where speaking correct English is deemed, "talking white".

Why do you insist to talk about a culture you apparently know little to nothing about as if you have an insider's perspective?

Old 11-07-2011, 05:58 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
yes u r so right, there were initially key whites who worked for the civil rights movement and they were kicked out of the civil rights movement and it was high jacked by AA. read "left hand of god" by rabbi lerner. that is how civil rights became AA property. and now my friend civil rights is used on a regular basis, to defend uncivil behavior like described in this OP.
So you base your view of the whites and others who were not black in the CRM on a single book. There were many non-black members of the CRM until the end when it was ended by the acts of FBI and CIA through COINTELPRO and other means. There are still white people who fight for civil rights. They were not "kicked out." There are many non-black members of the NAACP and other groups to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Why do you insist to talk about a culture you apparently know little to nothing about as if you have an insider's perspective?
Because they are ignorant. I just pity people of their ignorance. I also laugh at it and hope that outside of the internet sphere that they are not as ignorant as they appear to be but if they are, I would laugh in their face!

Old 11-07-2011, 06:03 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:

I have a challenge for you.
Go and see if you can get into the nearest KKK meeting.
Tell us the outcome.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:40 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:

If the Republican party wanted the Black vote, they would actually doorknock, "kiss babies", speak and do other campaigning events in predominantly African American neighborhoods....however, they do not.

I have never been chided for speaking Standard American English amongst other African Americans (maybe that's because all of the Black people I know speak Standard American English, as well)

You have a tendency to gravitate towards, no fixate on, the negative aspects of African Americans instead of embracing the good and using your superior qualities to help those who you view as being in need of your good graces.

It really must be difficult to be you. I mean you look exactly like the people whom you despise. And it must be frustrating because most White Americans, the ones that you are so desperate to please, treat you exactly like the thieving drug dealing gangsta rapping thugs from the projects simply because of your skin color. To them, you are just another Black thug. And you obviously do not have any friendships, connections or relationships with middle or upper class African Americans as a counterbalance and a respite from the negativity of lower income Black folk. No wonder you are so angry and bitter.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:57 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
The fact that I refer to the black community is because the race baiters here like to blame an entire race/community for every crime committed by a black person. I think I already told you that I am a Democrat. I also told you that I am informed and educated. In fact, I was a political science major who actually ended up in the IT field. Barack Obama could also provide inspiration for my children - a Harvard Law student who became POTUS. Like him or not, he worked hard to get where he is. I provide inspiration for my children as well. I encourage them to make informed decisions. They are too young to vote, but I don't tell them to vote Democrat or Republican. They will make that decision themselves.

Why would you think that blacks are being used any more than Democrats of other races? This is such a turn off. Once again, you are implying that we have no idea of why we vote the way that we do. Why does this not apply to poor whites in rural areas of the south who consistently vote republican? There are many people who think that they are being used as well.
What is a black community? Is that all black people, is it a neighborhood, is it a poverty level, what is it? Shall we just replace that moniker with poor people?

Sorry dear, Obama is not a role model for anybody, he is a con man that was groomed for this job many years ago, a community organizer failure, and a failure at his current employment and about to be fired. Keep looking, there are plenty of real successes to serve as inspiration.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
One refrain we hear on these boards by posters who seek to minimize the disproportionate amount of violent crime committed by blacks is that it is confined mostly to the poor. Well they are right but it appears a frightening amount of violence also accompanies black college students as well.

Yesterday a Black college student from Baltimore was stabbed to death by her fellow classmate at Frostberg State. The 2nd such murder at a Maryland college in little over a month.

What will it take before the black community confronts the demons within its communities? Particularly this notion that lethal violence is a legitimate response to the most trivial of disputes?

Female Frostburg State University student killed during off-campus fight - The Washington Post

Knives should be made illegal to own. That would put a stop to that!

Old 11-07-2011, 08:28 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
What is a black community? Is that all black people, is it a neighborhood, is it a poverty level, what is it? Shall we just replace that moniker with poor people?

Sorry dear, Obama is not a role model for anybody, he is a con man that was groomed for this job many years ago, a community organizer failure, and a failure at his current employment and about to be fired. Keep looking, there are plenty of real successes to serve as inspiration.

If you want to know what a black community is, why don't you ask one of the race baiters here who love to blame all blacks for every bad thing individual black people do?

Sorry but I don't find a pervert a good role model for my sons. The best the GOP can come up with are a pervert, a couple of used car salesmen and a submissive wife whose husband believes he can pray the gay out of people - not interested. I believe I have told you about three times now, I know why I vote Democrat.

Obama is one man with only so much power. He is not responsible for everything wrong in this country, nor is he capable of fixing it all alone. It is truly sad that some of you are so bent on keeping him from succeeding that you would rather see the entire country fail. There is no patriotism in that. It has been so blatent that Republicans have actually contradicted themselves and changed their stance on certain things just to remain in opposition to Obama. The GOP has lost their minds.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:34 PM

810 posts, read 836,628 times
The Republicans are charlatans, but so are the Democrats who try to promote the idea that the source of all problems revolve around racism. However, nothing is said about personal responsibility and hard work. And some honesty to say: if you failed it was because you can't compete with your ability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies