Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 06:59 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It gets tiring being the only Black person in the conference room. Or have folks tell me I'm different because I'm smart.
What a pity... That you work with people who either through their prejudices or their limited experience among a variety of black people, have the notion that a smart black person is an oddity. I work with people of a wide range of races and nationalities, including smart and capable black Americans, and we never act like it's unusual or a pleasant surprise that my black co-workers are smart and competent. I'd also never think of making such a comment as what you say has be made to you.

How about next time in the conference room, you say "that's mighty smart for a white guy!" in pleased surprise. Let us know how that goes over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
It's only going to get worse.

Liberals are under the false belief that many of these perps can be rehabbed.

Regardless of Race , Child molesters, serial rapists and others of that ilk cannot be rehabbed and should be put down.

The US needs to end foreign aid, stop Ilegal immigration and bring our troops home and worry about America first.

When and if this accomplished the funds can be used to improve the US, help curtail the flow of Illegal aliens and drugs and be better invested in dealing with THIS country's problems.

Here in California where millions are wasted subsidizing Illegal aliens and their spawn while they are literally releasing more criminals early to reoffend.

When the US sets it's priorities straight THEN we can really address these problems.

In regards to the Black community, alot of entry level jobs that would go to the youth in the inner cities are being taken by Illegal aliens.

Food service, Construction, Janitorial and other sectors were jobs that American youths of all races filled in the past. With more employment opportunities you will see less crime of all sorts.
To some extent, you are correct. But the crime in this op has nothing to do with unemployment. Isn't that like saying, hire me or I'm going to hurt someone?
From what I read, the girl that was murdered was trying to intervene between two others, to be the mediator.

13% of the population but 50% of the homicides. Black crime is way out of control.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:01 PM

810 posts, read 836,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Anyway, see what I did there? I proposed a solution to the problem, albeit a slow-moving solution. See, that's what these race-oriented threads need. Otherwise you're just annoying folks by crying pointlessly about black folks.
What explains that there is 0% chance for a black woman to be raped by a white man, but 1600% chance for a non-white rapist of a white woman to be a black man? Or is that just pointless crying?

Old 11-06-2011, 07:05 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,392,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
What explains that there is 0% chance for a black woman to be raped by a white man, but 1600% chance for a non-white rapist of a white woman to be a black man? Or is that just pointless crying?
What's the chance of rape of a white woman by a white man?

BTW, chance percentage pretty much tops out at 100% which means it's inevitable. Were you thinking odds-ratio?

What page from the Journal of Anectdotal Evidence are you referencing?

Old 11-06-2011, 07:05 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times
Quote:
Fantasy Land.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Where exactly is your proof that one or both of these college students were not poor???..

No proof?? just baiting on your part to malign black people??

4 charged in 'brutal' city rape Tuesday

The alleged attacks at the 298 Queen City Ave. hotel spanned more than five hours — during which two of the men forcibly raped the woman while all four sexually assaulted her, then threatened her and stole her money to keep her from leaving, police allege.

4 charged in 'brutal' city rape Tuesday | New Hampshire NEWS03

I guess violence is everywhere, get your head out your rectum.
Yes, violence is everywhere. But it's you that has your head in your "rectum" for refusing to acknowledge the prevalence of violence in the black community. Continuing to keep your head there does nothing for progress.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post

BTW, chance percentage pretty much tops out at 100% which means it's inevitable. Were you thinking odds-ratio?

It means white women are 1600% more likely to be raped by a black man, than have a black woman raped by a white man. And when you normalize it to the total number of white and black males in the US population it's a lot higher than that.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:52 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post

Lets look at real stats versus make believe....

According to the Survey of Inmates of State Correctional Facilities by the U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics, the following statistics have been recorded concerning the characteristics of offenders who violate and assault children.

* Those inmates who were convicted of committing violent acts against children were more like to have been white, a percentage of nearly 70%, than any other race.
* White inmates were nearly three times more likely to have victimized a child than black inmates.
* About one in every seven Hispanic convicts had been convicted for a crime against a child.
* Nearly two-thirds of convicted child molesters and/or offenders were or had been married.
* Child molesters and offenders were more likely to have grown up in a two parent home and were more likely to have been molested as a child.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:00 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,837,584 times
Quote:
Whites do commit outrageous criminal acts, but not as often as blacks. For example, when was the last time you heard of white gang banging and shooting their "homies"?

If they do it, it's some criminal underground thing. Yet for black criminals, its a lot more messy, and on the street level. I dare you to try to find another recent case like this, but involving only whites. There is nothing to "scour" when its something that happens regularly and in major cities.
Uhhh
DPS Arrests 24 Party Crew Members (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/dps-arrests-24-party-crew-members-02192011 - broken link)

I could take it further and get into the Hell's Angel's and other OMG's ( Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs ), or do they not count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Lets look at real stats versus make believe....

According to the Survey of Inmates of State Correctional Facilities by the U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics, the following statistics have been recorded concerning the characteristics of offenders who violate and assault children.

* Those inmates who were convicted of committing violent acts against children were more like to have been white, a percentage of nearly 70%, than any other race.
* White inmates were nearly three times more likely to have victimized a child than black inmates.
* About one in every seven Hispanic convicts had been convicted for a crime against a child.
* Nearly two-thirds of convicted child molesters and/or offenders were or had been married.
* Child molesters and offenders were more likely to have grown up in a two parent home and were more likely to have been molested as a child.
Those crime statistics are proportional to the population, as there are 72% whites and 12.6% blacks in the country. That mean's there's almost 6 times more whites in the country than blacks.

Yet when it comes to murder, about 50% of them are committed by blacks. Why is that not proportional to the population?
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies