Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 01:27 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times

Advertisements

Every time I try to dunk a basketball. Because the Laws of Physics just are all obviously against me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 01:28 PM

129 posts, read 154,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Every time I try to dunk a basketball. Because the Laws of Physics just are all obviously against me.
lol

Old 11-07-2011, 01:29 PM

810 posts, read 837,099 times
Since whites are the majority they don't necessarily need a scholarship specifically for them. By their sheer numbers any regular, non-ethnicity based scholarship is a "white" one. If more whites lived in a country like China, where they are the minority, then there would probably be a white/Euro scholarship.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:42 PM

525 posts, read 899,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Last time I checked Irish Americans, Swedish Americans, Italian Americans, German Americans etc were White people.

Its people like yourself who have the audacity to complain and want to snatch away the meager scraps and crumbs that are tossed at Black/Hispanic people while you continue to benefit from the hundreds of years of White privilege in America. And then you turn around and complain that Black people haven't achieved what White people have achieved. Its selfish, self-centered and its greedy. White people are supposed to be allowed to grease the hands of whomever they want to give their children a leg up in life but Black people aren't supposed to have a g-d damn thing.

Its time that Black people stop entertaining the stupidity of White people who can not stand the thought of a Black person getting something that they don't have. I refuse to apologize for the dozens of scholarships that thousands of Black American students must fight over. Sorry but I have zero sympathy for the upper middle class White kid who can't find (or is to lazy to look for) a scholarship for college.
You are all nuts.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:00 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,031,964 times
Quote:
Black Americans were denied our countries and tribes of origin due to slavery and White Americans were not, genius.
A number of White Americans were forced to emigrate to the USA to escape conditions in their own Countries, a very large number.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:04 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
1) I am a woman
My apologies.

Quote:
2) I was not "whining" about having to do more than my White friends, I recognize it as a truth and continue to do what I need to do (I also happen to have more and live a bit better than they do)
Then it is your choice, it has nothing to do with your race or your friends' race.

Quote:
3) I have two BA degrees and I am working on a Master's degree right now so sorry to burst your racist stereotype of my educational background
Not a racist stereotype, what I gathered from you "having to work 2-3 times harder", that you were working at a lower paying job(s). And if you have that education, then you have access to any job anyone else with that education does. If you can't get a job using that education because of the economy, then guess what, you are in the same boat as a lot of people of all races.

Quote:
4) I work part time and I have a business

Quote:
5) I come from a long line of educators and business owners who fought the most vicious bigotry yet still acquired and achieved (and they told me to NEVER forget what "certain types of people" are capable of doing when they become envious of what we have worked so hard for...and this has been proven to be true)
So then you agree that race isn't holding you back, you and yours achieved anyway. Good for you.

Quote:
6) No one gave us ANYTHING. I have earned EVERYTHING that I have
Likewise, and I'm white.

Quote:
and I am beyond tired of the whining of White people who are self-centered and greedy and LAZY
Those people come in all races, it's not exlusive to whites. Sorry, but I just don't see your insinuation that whites are given everything and minorities have to work so much harder. There may be exceptions, but I still believe those who worked hard are rewarded, and those who are lazy and didn't want to put in the work sit around and whine about what everyone else has.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:09 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
A number of White Americans were forced to emigrate to the USA to escape conditions in their own Countries, a very large number.
They came by choice, not chained together like cattle in the bowels of slave ships.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
They came by choice, not chained together like cattle in the bowels of slave ships.
They would have starved, or frozen to death, if they hadn't.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:20 PM

129 posts, read 154,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
They would have starved, or frozen to death, if they hadn't.
Still by choice, they were not forced on a boat, they were not forced into shackles, they were not treated like a herd of cows. So trying to compare on how they migrated to this country is alot different then how Africans were brought here during the slave trade days.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrossjr79 View Post
Still by choice, they were not forced on a boat, they were not forced into shackles, they were not treated like a herd of cows. So trying to compare on how they migrated to this country is alot different then how Africans were brought here during the slave trade days.
If people are always going to bring slavery into an argument, then I would like to point out that if these people had not been taken to America as slaves, then it’s most likely that they would have been killed or used as slaves in their Countries of origin.

This is also wandering, way, way, off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies