Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 11:59 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,977,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
No, I don't get why you are concerned with it. Heterosexuals go to places where they can find people of the opposite sex. Homosexuals go to places where they can find people of the same sex.

Since one group is a rather small minority, it behooves them to share where they can meet like-minded individuals. Sort of like cyclists, motorcycle-riders, model train collectors, hikers, etc.

If I want to find fellow bicycle riders, I don't just stand on a street corner and wait for one to come by. Instead, I go to a forum or a website and find out where others are meeting in my area - because, you know, I am looking for others like me. Then I go there - and hook up with them. Heck, we might even ride our bikes spontaneously! In public!

I will happily grant you that there is a Gay Cotton Pickin' Fair. I am still looking for a Straight one...

Official Site of The Cotton Pickin' Fair: A Southeast Tourism Society Top 20 Event, Nationally acclaimed as one of the Top Ten Festivals in America
Dude, normal people don't meet up and have sex with strangers in parks and public places. The groups of like minded individuals you used as examples are normal people meeting up for normal reasons. They're not meeting up to have sex with strangers in public places, risking attaining and spreading HIV, a serious disease that effects society as a whole, both financially and socially. You indicated above that you recognize gays as a small minority of people. Well, with how wide spread "gay cruising" spots are, it appears as though it is a well-known and mainstream activity within the gay community.

My point is these people are congregating to have sex in public places with strangers. Is this acceptable to you? Do you not see anything wrong with this?

Being that homosexuals are a tiny minority of the population, and heterosexuals the vast majority, WHY is there not an extensive, nation-wide network of "cruising areas" for straight people to meet and have sex with strangers in parks and public places?

Old 11-07-2011, 12:05 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Well, with how wide spread "gay cruising" spots are, it appears as though it is a well-known and mainstream activity within the gay community.
Quote:
I've seen a lot of stuff most people haven't had the pleasure
Quote:
And I've come to the conclusion that most folks would be absolutely shocked if they could see what I've witnessed.

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are Scene - Cape Fear Movie (1991) - HD - YouTube

Old 11-07-2011, 12:15 AM

I am not homophobic. I'm around homosexuals and men with HIV on a daily basis. I don't understand homosexuality and science hasn't explained it very well, but that is life.

However, the derogatory manner of your use of insinuations that I am homosexual suggests to me that you are homophobic and see homosexuality as something negative. While that's contradictory to the image you typically project on these forums, that's what I see in the above quote.

That doesn't surprise me though because I've had conversations with people in person who in the open act and claim to be liberal, but when it comes down to it they're questionable about homosexuality. One very liberal girl recently shared with me that she believes many gay men get HIV on purpose to get the welfare that comes along with it.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:20 AM

I didn't see you typed a word. I said you insinuated. Re-read what I said for comprehension.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:21 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,661 times
Quote:
I'm not sure people know how incredibly wide-spread "gay cruising areas" are, where gays go to have sex in public, which is often parks.

CruisingGays - Gay Hotels, Bars,Saunas, Parties with comments, photos, videos and map.

This is the most elaborate website I could find via Googe with a quick search, but search Google using different combinations of relevant words and you'll find many sites that are guides to places where gays meet up to have sex in public.

Go ahead, search for gay crusing areas in your city. If you don't believe it, go check out an area indicated for yourself. Look for men sitting in cars by themselves.

The liberals can't deny everything I've just said is a fact and real.

So, how many gay crusing areas are in your neighborhoods, towns, and cities?

Are any of the parks places you take your kids or let them go off to play alone?

How come there aren't similar areas for straight people to meet up and have sex in public? What's the difference between homosexuals and straights that accounts for this behavior variation?

Any gays on here care to be honest and open and explain to the rest of us more in depth how these gay cruising areas work?
i wouldn't know. i've never been to one, and i never would. i've never even been with anyone and i'm 34. i prefer to find a spiritual life partner first before i would ever be with someone. i do know where lots of straight cruising spots are though because some of straight friends went there in high school

Old 11-07-2011, 12:22 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,586 times
Quote:
Being that homosexuals are a tiny minority of the population, and heterosexuals the vast majority, WHY is there not an extensive, nation-wide network of "cruising areas" for straight people to meet and have sex with strangers in parks and public places?
'Cuz the chicks ain't into it.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
i wouldn't know. i've never been to one, and i never would. i've never even been with anyone and i'm 34. i prefer to find a spiritual life partner first before i would ever be with someone. i do know where lots of straight cruising spots are though because some of straight friends went there in high school
Assuming your post is honest, you don't appear to be the type who would have sex in parks with strangers.

Yes, many small towns have areas where teenagers cruise a loop or whatever in the local park or town square. This used to be far more common in my dad's generation, when car culture was in its height, when diners and what not lined streets used for cruising. The difference is kids just wanted to socialize, whereas these gay cruising areas are used by individuals of all ages meeting strangers and having sex with them in public.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:34 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,797,381 times
Quote:
I'm around homosexuals and men with HIV on a daily basis.
Probably because you admit going to cruising spots you found online and watching people have "shocking" sex?????

Old 11-07-2011, 12:40 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,279 times
Gay cruising areas are SO early 20th century. Those types of places have been disappearing rapidly ever since the 1960s, when gay bars became prevelent in most of America's major cities.. In fact, gay bars themselves have been in rapid decline ever since the late 90s. Don't let the advertisements on the internet fool you. If you go there looking for sex, I doubt you will find any.

In the past, before there were many gay bars, there were gay cruising areas. Some of the few older gay men I know speak about them. Piedmont Park in Atlanta used to be a huge one. Then gay bars started to pop up and gay men and women didn't need cruising areas to get laid. They could go to a local bar and meet someone under much safer circumstances.

These days, the internet has stabbed and butchered all interpretations of the gay scene across America. These days, gay men have venues like Grindr (I admit, I am guilty of using it). Why go to a cruising area or even a gay bar when you can relax on your couch and just speak to any "looking" gay men on the internet? The internet in particular has put the Lesbian bar scene teetering on the verge of extinction.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:43 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Probably because you admit going to cruising spots you found online and watching people have "shocking" sex?????
he sees so you don't have to

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN
I've seen a lot of stuff most people haven't had the pleasure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies