Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 09:04 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If the bottom 99% earned more, their income tax would then make a huge dent in the debt!
Talk about Rove and his numbers, you have thrown some real crap at us here.

Whoops, I forgot that you are one of those who thinks we all need to make the same amount, other than the bureaucrats who are running things. If all of us are equal it sounds like you really are pushing communism and, of course, you can't have capitalism and communism at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 09:06 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
All income tax is wrong, it puts control into the hands of politicians that borrow more money to empower themselves in the FED banking arena.

The FED wants taxes to be as high as possible, which pays for more borrowing and control of the people. White collar extortionists that like to feel important.

Gut the FED, End Income TAX. Stop the flow of cheap Chinese crap that has currency manipulations.

Return to a free American market by getting rid of bloated regulatory agencies, close the borders for 10 yrs. to new immigrants (legal or not).

Cut back the welfare dept. and then the free market will increase wages so that Americans will pick apples, mow lawns, and do the jobs that we are paying ex patriots to do for us.

BTW... i love picking apples and mowing lawns.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:08 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
Capitalism has never failed in any country where it has been left alone without government intervention, and since ALL of the financial catastrophies which this country has endure since the creation of the Fed in 1913 can be laid at the feet of our politicians, and the overwhelming majority of those were Democrats, starting with FDR, Carter & Obama.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:12 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Repeal the Bush tax cuts, and a lot more lower income folks will start paying income taxes. Many people in lower income brackets were effectively taken off the federal income tax rolls once the Bush tax cuts kicked in.
so yoru saying repeal the Bush tax cuts and the poor pay more

Old 11-07-2011, 09:15 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
so yoru saying repeal the Bush tax cuts and the poor pay more
The Bush tax cuts relieved a very large number of "poor" from paying taxes due to the number of credits built into it.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:16 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Been listening to Karl Rove's misinformation again? Think about this; if 1% of the population pay 38% of America's income taxes, how much $$$ do you think they are earning? I am guessing a heck of a lot!

Income Gaps Between Very Rich and Everyone Else More Than Tripled In Last Three Decades, New Data Show — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
That chart ends conveniently in 2007, there are a lot fewer in the 1% in this 0bama economy now, because we are all getting poorer.

The poor will always be poor. The income gap between the 1% and someone who has no job will continue to get much wider as incomes rise.

Let's say I own a hardware store, wouldn't you say my profit margin will remain fairly constant, no matter what happens to income levels at the top 1%? So how can I pay my employees $5-$10 more per hour, so they can keep up with the 1%? Where am I supposed to come up with all this extra cash?

Old 11-07-2011, 09:22 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Talk about Rove and his numbers, you have thrown some real crap at us here.
It isn't surprising to me that reality strikes as crap to you. It takes a special kind of thinking to figure out that when the middle class rises, it really doesn't help. That any country is better off, the greater the divide in income and wealth.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:24 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The Bush tax cuts relieved a very large number of "poor" from paying taxes due to the number of credits built into it.
so why do the dems want to repeal it?

Old 11-07-2011, 09:25 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
so why do the dems want to repeal it?
Better yet, why do the conservatives like it so much, and demand more of it?

Old 11-07-2011, 09:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Taxing the 1%, 100% of their income and it will not put a dent in the debt, with the spending levels currently laid out by our Central Government.

Class warfare, is barking up the wrong tree.
Who is suggesting that anyone be taxed at 100%? THe only thing I have seen suggested is that the rich be taxed atthe same Rate/Percentage as the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies