Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 02:02 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Fresh from wrecking the country under Bush, the Republicans sought to discredit the new President by dominating the narrative. Never mention Bush, while obstructing President Obama and preventing him from implementing his fine policies. How short-sighted for the GOP to believe that Americans would blame President Obama for failures caused by Republican obstructionists in Congress. It has not worked. People in tihs country are waking up to the reality that Bush wrecked the economy and the do-nothing Republican obtructionists in Congress kept it there. Republicans have failed to fool the American public and President Obama leads all GOP candidates now. What will you Pubs try next? You're facing annihilation next year if the presence of the OWS movement is any indication.

NBC poll: Despite national pessimism, Obama tops GOP foes - politics - Decision 2012 - msnbc.com
Yep, after seeing those sprayed in the face with the pepper spray who were just sitting there, ol Newt wants the 9 yrs old to be the janitors and let go of the real ones, I can see the 9 yr olds already cleaning the toilets, spraying the disinfectant, that would stop real fast, I don't think the parents are going to approve of this, I can see the 9 yr old with a spray can and a lighter already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
8 years of failed Bush policies.
Two unnecessary wars that were financial black holes.
Inability to get bin Laden.
8 years of ignoring health care crisis.
Deregulation mess across the board.
Deregulation caused mortgage crisis and predatory lending.
Deregulation caused largest oil spill in history.
8 years silence about budget while Bush turned surplus to record deficit.
8 years of not complaing about spending during Bush years.
Tea party downgrade.
Ineffective illegal immigration policy.
Favors foreign labor replacing qualified Americans to maximize profit.
Break Congress, wrecking budget talks.
Cause budget talks to fail under Super Committee.
Tax breaks for rich.
Anemic on Civil Rights.
Do-nothing regressives in Congress.
Neanderthal obstructionism of this President because more concerned with making him fail, not help the country.
More Bush, more Bush, more Bush.

Frankly folks, the problem this country is facing is not terrorists from abroad, it is REPUBLICANS at home. They represent the biggest weapon of mass destruction that's decimating this country. This is clear now. They must be voted out of Congress, out of offices across the country. No question.
Yes, its one big mess, I doubt if the people are going to vote R, they've seen and heard enough.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
And they're doing it in order to try to ruin Obama, consequences to millions of Americans be damned.

Just 3 years ago, this was their slogan.

It can only mean they have the attention span of a retarded gnat or they just give lip service to serving their country.
Country First? Amen he's not president

Old 11-22-2011, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by United_Caps_Skins_Fan View Post
The thing that is becoming very clear, is that the two party system in this country is failing. Plenty of blame on both parties to go around. I think if many in this country were not so scared of something "different" we could have a viable third party here, but we don't seem to have progressed quite that far yet. Not sure what it will take to reach that breaking point and realise that the whole system as we know it, is simply failing.
And Ross Perot seen all of this coming and nobody believed him

Old 11-22-2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumntimetwo View Post
Wow, wish I had all my FACTS at my fingertips. First, you have to be a liberal /democrat. You are the ones ruining this country. You want to make it a third world country, with your leader, cough, cough, obama. THE GREAT DIVIDER of America. Just like your post. Nothing but class warfare by you and he. How does that help anyone? It doesn't.
Unnecessary
wars? How would you know? Did we have another 9/11? No. That is because we had a president that loved America. How about the unnecessary war in Libya, that cost another ONE BILLION, that Obama put us in......I think we are still there? Then Obams sent troops to Africa to fight AGAINST the Christians in favor of the muslims. Don't have those expenses yet. You are aware, that post of the policy's put in place by Bush, Obama repeated? He could have changed them, but didn't. Bil Laden 'was gotten', because the Bush adm. started the search, and CIA work, it just culminated in Obma's times. No tax breaks for Rich. You don't understand tax laws; this was the one obama REPEATED.
You have me so p#ssed off-----because each sentence is wrong!
First time our country was dowgraded in 235 years, and obama is at the helm. Obama has increased our deficit twice over.
Forgot about the 14 Democrats that went hiding in Illinois, to AVOID voting? HC bill? it gives student loan forgiveness; that is a lot of money for the rest of us to pay for.
Obama's fancy 2 BILLION trips with all of his 100 friends. Michele with her 60 personal friends to that trip to Spain. SPEND, SPEND, SPEND, BABY.
Harry Reid is the one, DEMOCRAT, stopping all the bills from being sent forward, and obama said he would not even look at. /majorityleader.gov/JobsTracker/

Bush was not perfect, but Obama is a total failure all on his own! You have a lot of nerve posting this cr#p. Are you being paid by the DNC? Most of you are, to post this propaganda.
P.
s. we have the terrorist 'within'. All of his m#slim training and heritage, ruin America from 'within', you got that part right. We have our own terrorist.
All that talk about transperancy? What a joke.
Go a step back to the Gulf War,
Bush loved America?
geez you must really hate the president

Old 11-22-2011, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
The two-party system isn't failing; the parties within the two-party system are failing. There's a big difference between the two.

If it were inherently flawed, the two-party system would have failed a long time ago. Americans by now would have adopted a different kind of system, perhaps a multiparty system, or some variant thereof. There are, from time to time, periods in which political disagreement becomes so intense and interests become so narrow, that factions within the parties may break off and try to start a third party, usually around election time. But it never lasts long. The last real third party threat that made serious noise in a major election was probably the 'Dixie-Crat Party'.

No, what we have here are two parties that are failing. It's not the first time this has happened. There was this thing called the Civil War. And the nation was torn between those who wanted to compromise on principles, and those who wanted to compromise on nothing. That's when politics can become most destructive, because it becomes a tug of war between people with no spine, and people with no ethics.

Ordinary people don't really know what to do because they feel increasingly disconnected and powerless. Again, that's dangerous, because when people feel like the time-honored tradition of voting is all just a dog-and-pony show, then that makes extremism (and extremists) a lot more attractive. That's why the Republican party is lining up a who's who of people who would have been considered mere court jesters 20-30 years ago.

Can you imagine someone like Herman Cain even having a chance against someone as polished and respected as George H.W. Bush? Reagan? Nixon? Eisenhower? I can't, but apparently, this is what passes for mainstream 'conservative' these days.

Yep, we're in trouble.

p.s. Not that democrats are the savior, either. Too spineless to stand up for things they and their voters really believe in. Too timid to articulate an opinion. And like Republicans, too corrupt to pass up corporate cash that perpetuates this dirty system.
It is like a dog and pony show, I can agree with your points, I don't care how polished a person is as long as they do the job for the people, this country.
They are looking out for their own interest as well as the 1% who own them.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by United_Caps_Skins_Fan View Post
All valid and agreeable points, but it IS all part of, the two party system. But I digress here, it IS mostly nothing more than a dog and pony show now, which is sad. I'm a dem, but only because I find them far less repulsive / evil than the alternative. That said, they have not done much of anything that I would have liked to have seen, even when they had the chance. And yes, both are largely puppets of the big corps now. Hence why I think a viable third party, a peoples party would be a good kick in the balls to both current parties. But that's not likely to happen either. *sigh*. At some point I can see why many people would just throw up their hands and say "i give up", go and live out there lives and want to be left the hell alone. Can't say that I would hold that against them. Only problem with that is that if you don't vote, well, then you dont have a say. Thats as long as voting really means anything, but last part of your post above are great points as to why voting matters less and less as time goes on.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:36 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Why didn't the Democratic Congress stop it?

stop,
you cant bring facts into a "dont look at the man behind the curtain (obama sucks) thread"

all the democrats can do at this point is attack the past and avoid at all cost obama's record.

Jesus would lose an election if he had to run on obama's record

Old 11-22-2011, 04:59 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
It is like a dog and pony show, I can agree with your points, I don't care how polished a person is as long as they do the job for the people, this country.
They are looking out for their own interest as well as the 1% who own them.
You missed a few post on page 1. They involved the complete hypocrisy and just plain disingenuousness of this thread. You should try going back through the thread again but this time without the blinders on. That's of course if you care at all about this country and aren't some sort of preprogrammed liberal robot.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:18 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Evidently, you missed this part of the article:

Nearly three-quarters of respondents believe the nation is headed in the wrong direction; just 25 percent think the U.S. economy will improve in the next 12 months; and a solid majority says the country is experiencing the start of a long-term decline.

Also, the sitting president is only leading Romney by 6% and the GOP has not even nominated anyone yet. That doesn't really look good for Obama.

It doesn't matter, because no sitting president has ever won a second term with a Gallup approval rating below 52%. Obama is stuck at about 43%...in other words, the Democratic base.

BTW: RCP has the race much closer.

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies