Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 12:16 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And may be YOU can show me where I am wrong by pointing out ONE thread on this board where a Moderate or Liberal went after Gays. I won't hold my breath waiting for you to produce it since I know for a FACT there are none. See how that works, let see you put up or ......
How do you divine whether an anonymous poster is Conservative, Moderate or Liberal (your caps, not mine)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 12:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Really, then expalin why EVERY anti-Gay thread on this board is started by a rightie.
You don't even have to make that argument. Every poll that's ever been taken shows that there's more anti-gay sentiment among Republicans than among Democrats. Here's a recent one:

For First Time, Majority of Americans Favor Legal Gay Marriage

Old 11-08-2011, 12:40 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
How do you divine whether an anonymous poster is Conservative, Moderate or Liberal (your caps, not mine)?
Their track history of posting here, anything else I can assist you with?

Old 11-08-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You don't even have to make that argument. Every poll that's ever been taken shows that there's more anti-gay sentiment among Republicans than among Democrats. Here's a recent one:

For First Time, Majority of Americans Favor Legal Gay Marriage
Yes, I know, it is somone else that does not seem to want to admit reality, go figure

Old 11-08-2011, 12:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Yes, I know, it is somone else that does not seem to want to admit reality, go figure
Well maybe they'll take a look at the polls. Here's another one that shows a stark difference between Republicans and Democrats.

In U.S., 67% Support Repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"

Old 11-08-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Their track history of posting here, anything else I can assist you with?
Circular reasoning

You look at a poster's posts and conclude that they are conservative, then conclude that all posts of a certain nature are posted by conservatives.

How could you ever be wrong?

Old 11-08-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Circular reasoning

You look at a poster's posts and conclude that they are conservative, then conclude that all posts of a certain nature are posted by conservatives.

How could you ever be wrong?
It is called Logic and Common Sense, try it some time, it will be a refreshing upgrade, trust me.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:01 PM

1,329 posts, read 832,190 times
Most GLBT people do not vote Republican. Why would we? Of the frontrunners in the Republican nominee for President, they are pretty much tripping over each other to let bigots know that they share similar values.

Craig was mocked by some because he had previously supported some very homophobic bills and policies, not because he was a closeted politician. I'm not sure I agree with the rhetoric some used against him, but if you don't want to face humiliation, don't be a hypocrite.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
It is called Logic and Common Sense, try it some time, it will be a refreshing upgrade, trust me.
It's actually called 'logical fallacy'.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
It's actually called 'logical fallacy'.
In your case that may very well be true, nothing else I can do for ya here since it is obvious you prefer your opinions over the Facts, life is full of choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies