Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 08:10 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Nearly half of voters, including large minorities of conservatives and Republicans, believed “Republicans are intentionally stalling efforts to jump-start the economy to insure that Barack Obama is not re-elected"

The Republican Tea Party seems to be having a tough time convincing the voters they're strategy is improving the Economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 08:13 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The Republican Tea Party seems to be having a tough time convincing the voters they're strategy is improving the Economy.
I suppose they are, considering there isn't anything called the Republican Tea Party.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:22 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,085,192 times
INFORMED voters know that 20 job creating bills have been sent from the House to the Senate. So it is Harry Reid, democrat leader that is doing nothing with the bills and stalling an economic recovery.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:46 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Default Excellent post

Quote:
Source

The Republican Tea Party seems to be having a tough time convincing the voters they're interested in improving the Economy.
Finally, the truth is getting more press. Excellent news.

Republicans are in serious trouble. Their strategy failed. This is clear.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:49 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Finally, the truth is getting more press. Excellent news.

Republicans are in serious trouble. Their strategy failed. This is clear.
Detroit is gonna make your strategy look good...

Old 11-08-2011, 09:52 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,768,347 times
I am not sure the republicans can "stall" the economy, but they sure as hell are not helping it any. Axing government jobs and cutting taxes on those who don't need more tax cuts, and smearing Obama is all they have done. They want to regain power and grovel before their corporate overlords far more than to serve the American people. That has become revoltingly clear.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:54 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Half the country, including a majority of self-identified independents, believe that congressional Republicans are using their political power to thwart Obama’s efforts to reduce unemployment.

Do you believe those polled are illiterate? Is that your theory? Seems like a weak theory.
Dodging my question? Do you believe similarly, thus admitting that you know nothing, just like those polled?

Yes, I believe they are economically illiterate if they fail to understand that our monetary policy is flawed and blame the GOP all the while The FED is printing away the value of our fiat currency.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul370.html

(note the date of the article, well before Obama was a blip on the political scene)

Old 11-09-2011, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Dodging my question? Do you believe similarly, thus admitting that you know nothing, just like those polled?

Yes, I believe they are economically illiterate if they fail to understand that our monetary policy is flawed and blame the GOP all the while The FED is printing away the value of our fiat currency.

Your question to me is irrelevant and therefore unworthy of consideration. Please stop with the conspiracy theories. Focus on the thread topic.

Your theory is "about half the country, including a majority of self-identified independents, believe that congressional Republicans are using their political power to thwart Obama’s efforts to reduce unemployment" because they are illiterate?

Interesting.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
It is obvious to me that the Republican Party, at the direction of their financial and cultural masters, is doing as much as possible to delay any economic recovery in order to regain their control of the Presidency to continue the looting of the working and middle class they established decades ago. The poll illustrates that a lot of people have figured this out.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That didnt answer the question and I note for the record your refusal to answer.. Or dont you know?

HOW DO YOU SPEND OVER A TRILLION DOLLARS AND THEN SAY YOU ARE STALLING?
lol... "you note for the record"

I haven't spent a trillion dollars, where are you getting this from?

Half the country, including a majority of self-identified independents, believe that congressional Republicans are using their political power to thwart Obama’s efforts to reduce unemployment. Why would these folks have this perception?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies