Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is calling Obama ghetto goon racist?
yes 87 60.84%
No 56 39.16%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 08:12 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
But you said that you worked in this enviroment and therefore you should have nothing to fear if you truely believe what you said was not racist

Old 11-09-2011, 08:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Ask you GF family over the Holidays exactly these words,"so what do you think about the ghetto goon in chief" let me know how unracist they think it is
Why, do you think black people are more prone to violence and would react differently than if I said that to someone that was white and lived in the ghetto?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Not going to happen.
Right after you go into some white trailer trash neighborhood and call them ghetto goons and tell me if they all stand there and high 5 you..

Old 11-09-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When you use the two concurrently towrds an african american man, you get the same intent as if you used it towards a caucasian man

I bet the result would be the same regardless of the color of skin Are you now advocating violence or do you think only blacks live in the ghetto?

Definition of "Ghetto goon"
Urban Dictionary: ghetto goon

a boy who has nothing better to do than post up on a wall and holla at girls cuz he thinks he's the shiznit Dang, the ghetto goons kepep cumin back even after we diss them

RACE isnt a factor
Go in either a white or black ghetto and call someone that because I bet the results will be the same. Try it and let us know.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:41 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Go in either a white or black ghetto and call someone that because I bet the results will be the same. Try it and let us know.
That's what he just said in the post you quoted.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
That's what he just said in the post you quoted.
He said that he was going to the ghetto and call someone that? I missed it. Show me where you saw that?

Old 11-09-2011, 08:57 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,946 times
Quote:
He said that he was going to the ghetto and call someone that? I missed it. Show me where you saw that?
Nice way to try and twist it, he said what I was assuming your point was in the post you quoted.

Quote:
When you use the two concurrently towrds an african american man, you get the same intent as if you used it towards a caucasian man

I bet the result would be the same regardless of the color of skin Are you now advocating violence or do you think only blacks live in the ghetto?

Definition of "Ghetto goon"
Urban Dictionary: ghetto goon

a boy who has nothing better to do than post up on a wall and holla at girls cuz he thinks he's the shiznit Dang, the ghetto goons kepep cumin back even after we diss them

RACE isnt a factor
Quote:

Old 11-10-2011, 07:07 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Thats not the discussion, the discussion is if its RACIST..
The statement was made towards the POTUS as a racist comment, THAT is what made it an issue. If the remark was true, such as a actual goon, thug or even hoodlum that resided in a ghetto it would not have been a racist statement. The mere fact that he knew what he said and than tried to justify it only made the situation worst.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:10 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The statement was made towards the POTUS as a racist comment, THAT is what made it racist. If the remark was true, such as a actual goon, thug or even hoodlum that resided in a ghetto it would not have been a racial issue. The mere fact that he knew what he said and tan tries to justify it only makes the situation even worst.
Oooh so let me see if I understand this, because he called the POTUS a ghetto goon, its a racist statement.

Ok, if he called the president an Ahole, that suddenly becomes a racist statement because it was directed towards the president?

Last edited by pghquest; 11-10-2011 at 07:18 AM..

Old 11-10-2011, 07:18 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I know GOP types will vote no nothing is ever racist to them but Im interested in seeing what the independents and dems think.
strictly speaking, no, it isn't racist.

"goon" isn't racist, obviously.

"ghetto" refers to a slum that is dominated by one particular race. Saying that Obama is from a 'black slum' may be offensive, and a slur against Obama himself, but it isn't saying anything negative or racist about black people in general.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:18 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Oooh so let me see if I understand this, because he called the POTUS a ghetto goon, its a racist statement.

Ok, if he called the president an Ahole, is that also racist?
NO. I have stated this in an earlier post. Please keep up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies