Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is calling Obama ghetto goon racist?
yes 87 60.84%
No 56 39.16%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 01:08 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I think that this was a case study in civility between backspace (who realized what he said was offensive to some) and enemy and myself who tried to point out that it was offensive. It became mocking when someone who claims to have knowledge of the purpose of this debate comes in and makes a mockery of the whole process.

You know damn well that calling the POTUS a "ghetto goon" is both racially motivated and wrong. If the person who first said it can see it why can't you?
Racially motivated? If you want to look at it that way. Wrong? No.

But with the "racially motivated", if it was, who cares? When he said it did a million black people die? Was slavery reinstated? NO!

So why get worked up over it? Two words from one person about one other person. Hey, you know, that does seem like something that is completely destructive to society.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
At least he had the common sense to bow out( you can thank yours truly). Can't say the same for the others.
Wow. Would you like a medal for your accomplishment? A Nobel prize?

You being annoying caused one person to leave a thread! That is the feat of the century. Congratulations!

Old 11-10-2011, 01:18 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
I think that this was a case study in civility between backspace (who realized what he said was offensive to some) and enemy and myself who tried to point out that it was offensive. It became mocking when someone who claims to have knowledge of the purpose of this debate comes in and makes a mockery of the whole process.

You know damn well that calling the POTUS a "ghetto goon" is both racially motivated and wrong. If the person who first said it can see it why can't you?
Where did you get that ignorant BS from? It's not offensive to anyone who matters, let's put it that way. If you find it offensive I don't care nor should I because it's not offensive to anyone with common sense.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:19 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
At least he had the common sense to bow out( you can thank yours truly). Can't say the same for the others.
I went to work, I didn't bow out of anything. I stand by my statement 100% and if you don't like it you'll just need to deal with it.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:10 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Clearly the result enemy is expecting is that it would create an argument or cause physical harm. Do you not think if she said it to my family it would create a similar reaction?

You arent making any sense
No it would not. Now you are just being facetious.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I went to work, I didn't bow out of anything. I stand by my statement 100% and if you don't like it you'll just need to deal with it.
You told a straight lie and when you got exposed you left. You said I never called the President a chimp or ape and when your own post calling him a chimp was posted you bailed big time. Oh well 60% of those polled believe it to be a racist slur. The other 40% for the most part would never call any word action or behavior racist because they feel it is justified. You lose but keep playing though. Still have not got one report back were any of you used it around black people?

Old 11-10-2011, 02:20 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
BS (because that is what it is) a reasonable person can see that it is offensive, maybe not to you but it is. I'm not trying to win/lose brownie points with anyone, just trying to educate. Personally I don't believe that you are racist, maybe at most insensitive to some points of view but not all out racist. My points and counterpoints are based from experience of being a blackman in America and dealing with everything from the ignorant to the stupid to the downright stupid ignorant racist. even I, as a blackman would go and call someone in my own neighborhood a ghetto goon, they would look at me like I fell of of a tree. Why? because eventhough I grew up there they would wonder why i would call them names. Now, if a white guy came in and said the same thing to the same people.....well I think that you would know what would happen (a 911 call would not be necessary, call the coroner). So, knowing this why do think that it would not be perceived as a racist statement?

Now as for Shpanda, since you have no concept of what is going on here I will not bother to address your nonchalant attitude towards a serious situation regarding race relations

Old 11-10-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
BS (because that is what it is) a reasonable person can see that it is offensive, maybe not to you but it is. I'm not trying to win/lose brownie points with anyone, just trying to educate. Personally I don't believe that you are racist, maybe at most insensitive to some points of view but not all out racist. My points and counterpoints are based from experience of being a blackman in America and dealing with everything from the ignorant to the stupid to the downright stupid ignorant racist. even I, as a blackman would go and call someone in my own neighborhood a ghetto goon, they would look at me like I fell of of a tree. Why? because eventhough I grew up there they would wonder why i would call them names. Now, if a white guy came in and said the same thing to the same people.....well I think that you would know what would happen (a 911 call would not be necessary, call the coroner). So, knowing this why do think that it would not be perceived as a racist statement?

Now as for Shpanda, since you have no concept of what is going on here I will not bother to address your nonchalant attitude towards a serious situation regarding race relations
Why even try. He is plenty smart enough so he says to get this. He just loves to use racial slurs period. Read all of his post about Obama and all his post about blacks in general and you will see him for what and who he is. The only positives he could come up with for blacks is that we make the best entertainers and cooksand he actually thought that was a compliment.

"Oh no you cant be a lawyer.....no lets find you a nice colored profession like cook or maybe singer......President no boy ghetto goons cant be President".

Old 11-10-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:

Are you kidding me? This is a serious race situation?

Oh dear god, I feel so sorry for you. Your spectrum of things is seriously distorted. I can't believe you think someone calling someone else a "ghetto goon" is a serious situation, not only in "race relations", but in general.

I am embarrassed with things going on in this world you are taking two words said on an internet forum this seriously.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
No it would not. Now you are just being facetious.
So you expect black people to be more violent and have the nerve to call other people racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
He just loves to use racial slurs period.
You jus said black people are more violant than white ones, and you are calling someone else out for using racial slurs? Ooh please stop the hypocracy!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies