Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is calling Obama ghetto goon racist?
yes 87 60.84%
No 56 39.16%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 03:19 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Are you kidding me? This is a serious race situation?

Oh dear god, I feel so sorry for you. Your spectrum of things is seriously distorted. I can't believe you think someone calling someone else a "ghetto goon" is a serious situation, not only in "race relations", but in general.

I am embarrassed with things going on in this world you are taking two words said on an internet forum this seriously.
It is a learning situation rather you take it seriously or not I really don't care, but this is for those who really want to know what others think/feel about some terminology that may be offensive. For those like yourself, feel free to go to your neighborhood "ghetto" and refer to the residents as "goons" I hope that your hospital stay is pleasant

Old 11-12-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Where did you get that ignorant BS from? It's not offensive to anyone who matters, let's put it that way. If you find it offensive I don't care nor should I because it's not offensive to anyone with common sense.
If it does not matter to you ...fine. I just like to be a spectator when you go to certain neighborhoods spouting the same crap that you do here (which I doubt you would). Since you are saying that 75 (and counting) people on this particular forum don't matter and do not have common sense. Opinions are like azzwholes and apparently you have enough for everyone

Old 11-12-2011, 04:21 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
It is a learning situation rather you take it seriously or not I really don't care, but this is for those who really want to know what others think/feel about some terminology that may be offensive. For those like yourself, feel free to go to your neighborhood "ghetto" and refer to the residents as "goons" I hope that your hospital stay is pleasant
And yet it is still only two words on an internet forum. That phrase "mountains out of molehills" comes to mind.

And I hope their prison stay is pleasant once I file assault charges. But here's the thing. Do you think it is okay for a big goon to hit a woman? Because if I went into a dangerous part of town I would be prepared with some mace and a stun gun.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
And yet it is still only two words on an internet forum. That phrase "mountains out of molehills" comes to mind.

And I hope their prison stay is pleasant once I file assault charges. But here's the thing. Do you think it is okay for a big goon to hit a woman? Because if I went into a dangerous part of town I would be prepared with some mace and a stun gun.
Hey I have seen a woman get "stomped" by a group of girls for calling them the wrong name. The way that I look at it "don't start none, wont be none". I really don't see too much of a difference if you called a police officer a discouraging word and he beats the crap out of you

Old 11-12-2011, 04:31 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yup they can conveniently use it to cover their short comings. The fail a test, well the test is racist. Didn't get the promotion well my boss is racist. Woman didn't respond to my advances well she's racist.

It's like a multiuse deodorant for failure.
You just outed yourself as not being black.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:

FYI, the people that would be insulted and more than likely to beat your butt are the same people that are not worried about going to jail over an assault charge. Especially, if you are in their neighborhood calling them names

Old 11-12-2011, 04:41 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
FYI, the people that would be insulted and more than likely to beat your butt are the same people that are not worried about going to jail over an assault charge. Especially, if you are in their neighborhood calling them names
I really am not worried about getting my "butt kicked", I can take care of myself. Thanks for your concern though.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:12 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
40 Pages of this sh*t? This just goes to show you, you cannot correct anyone on the internet because it will balloon into a 40 page clusterf*ck.

Example:
Poster 1: "The sky is red"
Poster 2: "Um no its blue"
Poster 3: What? It's not blue just because you say it's blue. Its red and anyone who matters and is sensible thinks so"
Btsilver: lol What?
40 pages later...
Poster 1: No no no, all those blue sky believers are clearly wrong because I say what is right and you can't tell me nothing"
Poster 3456: Oh my God. Do you know the difference between blue and red.
Poster 1: ....
Poster 1: I don't see why thats important to the argument.
btsilver: This thread is a good piece of evidence if an athiest wants to prove there is no God.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:13 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Blacks who call one another n*gger all the time is racist.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:22 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:

say it to women. It doesn't have to be a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies