Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is calling Obama ghetto goon racist?
yes 87 60.84%
No 56 39.16%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 04:37 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,315,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
We've been dealing with racially charged political rhetoric for a decade now, Obama isn't exactly the first president that's been compared to a chimp.

These pictures are mocking Bush's facial expressions, when they sent ones of Obama they were clearly because he was black. Come on please do not insult the intelligence of the people on this forum with this B.S you and everyone and their mother can tell the difference

Old 11-14-2011, 05:52 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
These pictures are mocking Bush's facial expressions, when they sent ones of Obama they were clearly because he was black. Come on please do not insult the intelligence of the people on this forum with this B.S you and everyone and their mother can tell the difference
It seems like you're the one that relates black people to monkeys.

When I heard Obama being called a chimp, I instantly related it to stupidity. But you know how liberals are the ones who actually like to separate based on race for their own twisted agenda.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
It seems like you're the one that relates black people to monkeys.

When I heard Obama being called a chimp, I instantly related it to stupidity. But you know how liberals are the ones who actually like to separate based on race for their own twisted agenda.

Riiight? and as a blackman in America going to predominately white schools, do n't you think that I have not heard the term being used in reference to blacks?

For you to minimize the expression to political beliefs, shows how limited your mind really is. I could care less if he was a dumbocrat or a refutican the fact remains that when describing a black person as a monkey or an ape has racial concations

Old 11-14-2011, 10:14 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,559 times
Quote:
Riiight? and as a blackman in America going to predominately white schools, do n't you think that I have not heard the term being used in reference to blacks?

For you to minimize the expression to political beliefs, shows how limited your mind really is. I could care less if he was a dumbocrat or a refutican the fact remains that when describing a black person as a monkey or an ape has racial concations
Same thing applies... why? I don't find anything about monkeys that correlates with being black.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,849,592 times
Quote:
So according to you monkey = black person and ghetto = poor black people...

got it, thanks for clearing that up for us.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
So according to you monkey = black person and ghetto = poor black people...

got it, thanks for clearing that up for us.
You can go ahead and play stupid if you want to but you really know better

Better yet go on the internet and type in black sterotypes/monkey, and if nothing comes up I will recant everything that I said on this forum. If something comes up I will expect the same from you...deal?

Old 11-15-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Same thing applies... why? I don't find anything about monkeys that correlates with being black.
I find no sense in talking to you about anything since you chose to remain clueless and unteachable

Old 11-15-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
You can go ahead and play stupid if you want to but you really know better

Better yet go on the internet and type in black sterotypes/monkey, and if nothing comes up I will recant everything that I said on this forum. If something comes up I will expect the same from you...deal?
I'm not playing stupid, I'm simply pointing out the stupidity of your posts. If you automatically think "black people" when you hear the word ghetto then you're probably a racist. If you think "black people" when you hear the word goon then you're probably racist and pretty ignorant as well. Just because you have these racist thoughts and feelings please don't try to push them on to other people like myself in an effort to feel better about yourself.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
I find no sense in talking to you about anything since you chose to remain clueless and unteachable
If all you're trying to do is teach racism most of us aren't interested in learning.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
If all you're trying to do is teach racism most of us aren't interested in learning.
That's why we are in the situation that we are in now. There are those who only want to hear what they want to hear and cannot grasp another point of view
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies