Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:18 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Pretty fiendish that President Obama was able to create a federal program way back in 1996, before he held any federal office.
This post is helpful in understanding where an Obama vote comes from. This is what kind of ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 07:18 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Seriously?

Obama is going to ad an additional tax to all fresh Christmas trees this year.

I think they said a 15¢ tax on every tree sold.

Watching the news.... No link just yet.
Excuse me but you should have been paying a tax on tree sales all along, just like any other sale. My my 15 cents more, guess you will have to pass on a tree this year

Old 11-09-2011, 07:21 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
I am concerned. will i have to pay an extra tax when its time to dye easter eggs?

the sooner obama goes the better. its going to be a long year.
Great name , GOOJersey , so am I .
Watch out the crucifix tax !!!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:25 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
This post is helpful in understanding where an Obama vote comes from. This is what kind of ...
Yes, Rational minds, unlike those that Whine about anything and everything yet have no original ideas of their own.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:27 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Pretty fiendish that President Obama was able to create a federal program way back in 1996, before he held any federal office.
Damn Obama and his Magical Time Machine! Dude has already used that thing to create birth certificates after the fact and create financial collapse prior to taking office and now this! When will this madness stop?!!!!

With all of the actual things to criticize the president on, the howling and screaming about this, and other non-issues, is simply astounding. I wonder how it will play into the War on Christmas narrative this year?

Old 11-09-2011, 08:49 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Excuse me but you should have been paying a tax on tree sales all along, just like any other sale. My my 15 cents more, guess you will have to pass on a tree this year
You are one of the rank & file Obamabots who just says that .15 is nothing but never bothers to think about the big picture (as is the case with most liberals). Did you ever bother to ask yourself why this is necessary?

Old 11-09-2011, 08:58 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,171,657 times
The Messiah can’t walk on water but can improve the image of the Christmas Tree

Only a “we don’t give Christmas gifts to our children” Obama can jump to the rescue and improve the image of Christmas trees.
Wow! Our very own Christmas Czar who’s a dead knockoff of the Grinch. Tuck in your cotton tail, Mr. Easter Bunny, ‘cause it’s all but guaranteed you’re next.
Uncle Sugar isn’t forking over an extra 15 cents for this year’s fresh Christmas tree, the loathed by the government ‘consumer’ is:

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php...friendly/42182

Those dead beat, drug addicted, unemployed Christmas trees sure could use a new image.
Attached Thumbnails
No new taxes for those making under 0K - Except this new Christmas tree tax-aaaobamagrinch09.jpg  

Old 11-09-2011, 09:00 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Well if Santa did not pay a lobbyist , its his own fault.
you probably didn't hear about this in the corrupt "mainstream news", but his sleigh was shot down over Ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan airspace last year. He was captured, and brought to Guantanamo to undergo waterboard torture.

Allegedly he has imprisoned several thousand dwarves at a compound somewhere near the north pole, but he refuses to disclose its location.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:24 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
you probably didn't hear about this in the corrupt "mainstream news", but his sleigh was shot down over Ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan airspace last year. He was captured, and brought to Guantanamo to undergo waterboard torture.
This is all true. Also, Obama has signed a secret bill stating that anyone who utters the phrase "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays" will be instantly arrested and sent to Guantanamo to keep the fat old man company. It's all part of the nefarious ongoing liberal War on Christmas. Ask Bill O'Reilly. I'm sure he'll cover it in his annual rant ... er, I mean, report during the holiday season.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:25 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Default A Tax on Christmas Trees

Didn't the Liar-in-Chief say he'd im pose no new taxces on the middle class or did i just dream that?

First the Obamacare "Tax" and now another stealth tax on Christmas Trees.

Merry Christmas? Agriculture Department Imposes Christmas Tree Tax | Fox News

Wonder what's next!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies