Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 05:47 PM

129 posts, read 153,950 times

Advertisements

President 400K a year, plus 100K a year Tax Free Travel Expense, 50K a year expense account, and a 19K a year Entertainment account, this is $569K a year total, and has no real expenses, no grocery bill, rent, mortgage, utility bills.

Vice President $208,100 per year plusa $10K expense account, equaling to a $218,100 per yr salary

There are 56 Governors in the USA. 50 for the states, and 6 more for US Territories. Their annual salary ranges between 70K to $206,500 per year. We will just for example say they are all 70K to make the math easier, but you will see this is way more on the budget. 70K x 56 governors equals to almost $4 million a year.

Senators are paid $174K per year, there is 100 of them, this brings their annual salary as a whole of almost $17 and a half million.

Representatives are paid the same amount as a senator, $174K a year, there is 435 Representatives in the house. This comes out to over $75 and half million dollars.

Now we have the Former Presidents who are still alive. Unless I am mistaken about how many there are, Carter, Bush Sr, Clinton, and Bush Jr. They each take home $191,300 a year. This is $765,200 for the year that is taxed to us, the US Citizen.

This does not include our Mayors, which their salaries vary greatly, and there is a vast number of them. But I would guess that all the mayors together most likely pull around half a billion dollars for the year. Probable more, but I highly doubt it will be less. Then you also have to factor in that every Congressman/woman that has done AT LEAST ONE TERM, will get a retirement pension for the rest of their lives.

Last edited by jrossjr79; 11-09-2011 at 05:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 05:51 PM

This was posted on peoples Facebook, including my own a while back:

Unexplainable, Inexcusable

No one has been able to explain to me why young men...... and women serve in the U.S. Military for 20 years, risking their lives protecting freedom, and only get 50% of their pay. While Politicians hold their political positions in the safe confines of the capital, protected by these same men and women, and receive full pay retirement after serving one term. It just doe...s not make any sense.

On Fox news they learned that the staffers of Congress family members are exempt from having to pay back student loans. This will get national attention if other news networks will broadcast it. When you add this to the below, just where will all of it stop?

35 States file lawsuit against the Federal Government

Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon them. It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.

This will take less than thirty seconds to read. If you agree, please pass it on.

This is an idea that we should address.

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform... in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop.

If each person that receives this will post it on their wall, in three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message.. This is one proposal that really should be passed around.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States .."

Now, what are you going to do about it? Read and delete, or work for reform? Share on the wall of EVERY congressman, representative, governor, the white house!!!!! Pass it around!!! Make calls, send fax's and email's...............

— with Veterans Freedom, Desertstorm Veterans, Steven Sonich, Bob Veteran and Veterans.See More
By: Tim Shuler

Old 11-09-2011, 05:52 PM

And lets not forget, that sexual harassment cases do not include anyone in the House or Senate, our congressman our exempt from those cases.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:54 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,169,934 times
and almost all of them know when it is suitable to apply a bold font... for that alone I say pay them whatever they ask

Old 11-09-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
and almost all of them know when it is suitable to apply a bold font... for that alone I say pay them whatever they ask
It is how it was after I copied and pasted it.

Which is now fixed, funny when you see real problems at hand you complain about the littlest thing to justify what they have been doing since the beginning of our government.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:56 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrossjr79 View Post
President 400K a year, plus 100K a year Tax Free Travel Expense, 50K a year expense account, and a 19K a year Entertainment account, this is $569K a year total, and has no real expenses, no grocery bill, rent, mortgage, utility bills.

Vice President $208,100 per year plusa $10K expense account, equaling to a $218,100 per yr salary

There are 56 Governors in the USA. 50 for the states, and 6 more for US Territories. Their annual salary ranges between 70K to $206,500 per year. We will just for example say they are all 70K to make the math easier, but you will see this is way more on the budget. 70K x 56 governors equals to almost $4 million a year.

Senators are paid $174K per year, there is 100 of them, this brings their annual salary as a whole of almost $17 and a half million.

Representatives are paid the same amount as a senator, $174K a year, there is 435 Representatives in the house. This comes out to over $75 and half million dollars.

Now we have the Former Presidents who are still alive. Unless I am mistaken about how many there are, Carter, Bush Sr, Clinton, and Bush Jr. They each take home $191,300 a year. This is $765,200 for the year that is taxed to us, the US Citizen.

This does not include our Mayors, which their salaries vary greatly, and there is a vast number of them. But I would guess that all the mayors together most likely pull around half a billion dollars for the year. Probable more, but I highly doubt it will be less. Then you also have to factor in that every Congressman/woman that has done AT LEAST ONE TERM, will get a retirement pension for the rest of their lives.
The politicians are doing rather well. That is why I cannot stand it when those of us that are no longer doing well, since 2008, has to listen to Obama lie to us about the reasons why life is sucking right now. For once he should tell the truth. Not that we don't already know it, but still....

Old 11-09-2011, 06:01 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,914,826 times
Actually I find the multi-million dollar executive bonus packages that Fannie and Freddie have been handing out much more sickening, especially after a $112 billion dollar tax payer bailout, AND the fact that Fannie is now asking for $8billion more from tax payers to cover yet more losses.

Gee how do I get to be in the 1% that gets paid millions to run companies into the ground, lose money, and get tax payer bailouts?

Old 11-09-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Actually I find the multi-million dollar executive bonus packages that Fannie and Freddie have been handing out much more sickening, especially after a $112 billion dollar tax payer bailout, AND the fact that Fannie is now asking for $8billion more from tax payers to cover yet more losses.

Gee how do I get to be in the 1% that gets paid millions to run companies into the ground, lose money, and get tax payer bailouts?
I think the top two qualifications is being a brownoser and a snake in the grass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies