Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:47 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,390 times

Advertisements

....Is all these people, in light of the Penn State sex abuse thing, calling shows and talking about how we need to "look out for the kids" better.

Really people? Most of these idiots calling the shows and others across the country commit child abuse every day.

Bunch of hypocrites if you ask me, everyone acting like they all of a sudden care about childrens welfare all of a sudden.

60% divorce rate in America (or maybe higher) and countless kids are destroyed emotionally by this, really thinking about the kids huh "adults"

Every day I see many people texting, cell phone talking, tail gating, speeding and other very dangerous driving behaviors with thier kids in the car.... wonderful caring "adults"... keep looking out for the kids

Over medicating their kids because they are active... newsflash, that is pretty NORMAL for a kid... to be active.. keep looking out for those kids

Heck, even sending kids to public schools these days is borderline child abuse (although there are some good schools) and electing idiots that are clueless about education great job folks

I thing that most people need to look in the mirror and soul search, becasue Americans hardly do a decent job "looking out for the kids"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 12:55 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Raping a boy and speeding with a boy in the car are hardly equivalent.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:57 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Did I say they were?

Didn't think so, however, my point is that we always scream about caring for the kids while doing lots of damage to them while acting holier than thou

Old 11-10-2011, 12:59 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Did I say they were?

Didn't think so, however, my point is that we always scream about caring for the kids while doing lots of damage to them while acting holier than thou
Well, you did state this:

Quote:
Really people? Most of these idiots calling the shows and others across the country commit child abuse every day.
...and then you went on with list of child abuse 'examples'.

[so, yes, you did]

Old 11-10-2011, 06:49 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,586,806 times
Somehow, I don't think most Americans expect that kind of behavior from a college coach. It's not possibly hypocritical callers who make up the problem, in this case.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:52 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Teach your kids what is wrong and what is right.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:06 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
If parents raised kids the way they did back when I was growing up they'd all be in jail with today's PC world of child coddling. Spoil em rotten and they turn out rotten. That is what is happening. They need more abuse, if that's what you want to call it.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:14 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,225,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Did I say they were?

Well, you seem to be saying that because many parents do things that might be careless or negligent to their children, they have lost the right to speak out in revulsion about a coach anally raping a 10 year old boy and molesting others.

I think that assertion is bogus.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:20 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,568 times
Disciplining your kid and abusing your kid are too different think. There comes a point in every person's life in which they need an ass-whooping. Fortunately and hopefully this should come in the early developing stages of a person's life.

I understand where the OP is coming from but his analogies are far off. The examples of "neglect" that you are using aren't even comparable to actual neglect of molestation of children. Those are intentional and malicious. Do you understand the difference?

Old 11-10-2011, 07:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
There is a huge difference between child rape and ignorant neglect. Covering up the rapes is almost more reprehensible than doing the rape. No wonder we have lost respect for authority.

FWIW - I was raised by a violent drunk step father. When I got back from 'Nam I paid him a visit with every intention of paying him back with interest. When I confronted him I realized he was a sick old man wasting away with a lung disease. I wished him a long and miserable life and walked away quite satisfied that what goes around comes around.

Part of my PTSD is my realization that some part of my personality is a really mean bastard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies