Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 05:31 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Is it really being nice or does it make people uncomfortable? IMO, if a male boss tells a female subordinate that she is pretty or looks good then you are tiptoeing over the line of being nice and into sexual harassment. Even among peer level coworkers it would be more than a little creepy.

Let me ask you, if your boss was an openly gay male and he told you that you looked very handsome or that you looked especially good today, would you take it as a compliment or wonder WTF is going on?
If my boss was an openly gay, -and I had won when I was a lot younger, and he told me that I looked very handsome, -which also happened, -what I did do was sort of blush and then I said 'Thank you'. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 05:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Can you at least agree that the test that the private investigator performed on an online video clip is a complete joke? Do you think that any test performed on a video of Cain speaking can prove anything?
Not that stuborn? lol yes i can, and i am talking strictly about a lie detector test done from a professional and not on a stupid video clip, that is just crazy. Tell you the truth, i did not read that part.

No in all fairness to all parties involved, i think that they each should take a lie detector test, and a professional needs to do the testing.

About the police friends i know, police stations will give you accurate information, i don't want to on something i have no expertise on.

But i have been told on more then one occasion by friends that are police that lie detector test work.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
If my boss was an openly gay, -and I had won when I was a lot younger, and he told me that I looked very handsome, -which also happened, -what I did do was sort of blush and then I said 'Thank you'. End of story.
Fair to say that you weren't completely comfortable, hence the blushing?

Old 11-10-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sictransitgloriamundi View Post
Why do Cain supporters maintain that these allegations are racially motivated? Its a bit presumptuous if you ask me. If I recall correctly, Republicans were quite upset when they were called "a party of racists" by democrats.

I'm really starting to get sick of the "race card".
I seriously doubt that this racially motivated. I would tend to think more Political Motivated but by who?

Old 11-10-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Is it really being nice or does it make people uncomfortable? IMO, if a male boss tells a female subordinate that she is pretty or looks good then you are tiptoeing over the line of being nice and into sexual harassment. Even among peer level coworkers it would be more than a little creepy.

Let me ask you, if your boss was an openly gay male and he told you that you looked very handsome or that you looked especially good today, would you take it as a compliment or wonder WTF is going on?

I worked in very large office. I saw women being their own worse enemy. Going out to dinner with their married boss, for drinks with their married boss, single women mostly after the married men. And believe me without going into details i saw plenty of things going on, these things honestly happen and there are some very spiteful women out there, i saw with my own eyes.
The women made up things, they were in their own mind.

I got plenty of compliments from men as well as women, but that is all they were. Sincere compliments. The women has a right to stop something before it happens, but most of the time that was not the case.

I had to go out to dinner with the boss going over business but with others as well. That is it you stop it right there, after dinner, it is not going any place else with the boss, you go home, single ladies did not work that way, they went to yes a strip club with the boss, i knew she told me, so sometimes a women is her own worst enemy, but still that is not saying she should be sexually abused by her boss.

If i did not stand up to my boss, everyone knew he was after me, i am not working to make a man believe me, i loved my job. But you see his sexual advances towards me, led be to leave my job. And it was a easy decision.
I just did not want to put up with someone after me all the time, maybe i did the foolish thing and leave, but i felt comfortable doing this, he drove me nuts. I did not let it get to the point of him touching me, if he did, i would have kicked his ass with my karate skills, and i would have where the sun don't shine.

The fool ended up leaving his wife and family of over 25 yrs at that time, guess why, he got a single women pregnant, surprise surprise.

So when we do hear these stories, there are two stories to consider.

Last edited by california-jewel; 11-10-2011 at 06:19 PM..

Old 11-10-2011, 06:37 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:

That's a bit different from male-female interaction.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post

Your dang straight, a compliment is much different then the male-female interaction i saw taking place.

And out in the open, these idiots cannot even hide what they are doing.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:39 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,667,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
This whole thing is ridiculous. I read about this on another website where someone said that the guy operating this machine selected male when he ran this test on the FEMALE accuser. Either way, this machine does not make him innocent. The whole truth will come out eventually.

This is like watching a reality show or Jerry Springer. Our political arena is trash. From the Herman Cain alleged sexual harrassment scandal, to the people that think their children are being indoctrinated to worship the president, to the circus acts in the debates and people yelling about letting the uninsured die, this is soo embarrassing. Yes the country is going in the wrong direction and it is not all the president's fault, that's for sure.
Thanks for your common sense post.

For me, regardless of whether it is true (probably) or not, I wouldn't vote for him. I hope both parties can find candidates with leadership skills and intelligence as we really need fresh air in the white house and voters need to have a real choice for a change.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:48 AM

158 posts, read 244,465 times
I am not sure if Herman Cain is guilty of sexual harassment, but I am positive that he is guilty of incompentence. The man is just not qualify. End of story.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
In what way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies