Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,917,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Shouldn't his competency matter more than his likability? We saw how well that worked with Obama.

I think his stupid 999 plan and the handling of the sexual harassment charges give us an insight into how unprepared he is for the job. I suspect that not even Cain himself thought he would be a potential frontrunner. Just like Palin, Cain got into the race to act angry, insult Obama and clean up by selling books and appearing on Fox News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 09:07 AM

910 posts, read 1,676,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I think his stupid 999 plan and the handling of the sexual harassment charges give us an insight into how unprepared he is for the job. I suspect that not even Cain himself thought he would be a potential frontrunner. Just like Palin, Cain got into the race to act angry, insult Obama and clean up by selling books and appearing on Fox News.
I agree.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:29 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Yes.

And I'm a white conservative republican!

I like leaders.
Good character not required!

Last edited by jojajn; 11-11-2011 at 09:37 AM..

Old 11-11-2011, 09:32 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,117 times
I listened to Herman for years on the radio, long before he became a household name. I liked him a lot then. I don't however like what the public attention has done to him.. for better or worse..

Old 11-11-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I don't know whether or not I "like" him, but I do admire his accomplishments.

You are just the type Herman Cain is looking for!

Old 11-11-2011, 09:35 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Herman Cain and his female problems remind me of....

South Park: Chef's Luv Shack Dreamcast Gameplay - YouTube

Old 11-11-2011, 09:42 AM

How can anyone not like Cain's honesty?

Jon Stewart VS Herman Cain (Sexual Harassment) - YouTube

Old 11-11-2011, 09:49 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,132,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Does he seem like a nice guy or a jerk to you?
His personality is probably one of his most enduring qualities. It's his way of expressing himself in the uniquely black way that I like. Actually Herman Cain is more down-to-earth 'black' then O'bummer. O'bummer comes across as an elite Harvard snob, which definently is not a 'black' quality. My guess is that it is this quality that makes the liberal d'RAT's so afraid of him and want to assasinate his character. He will win the black vote, which is who the d'RAT's so desperately depend upon. k:

Old 11-11-2011, 11:01 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
You nailed it! Although I do think Whalin' Palin got in it because she really did think she was some kind of gift to this country and did think 'she' could win.

Tried to rep you but I couldn't.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:05 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,668,599 times
He comes off to me as a man who despite his intelligence has allowed himself to be used as a tool. bouncing from one company to the next doing the dirty work of corporate America. People like him have only had to answer to a small group of share holders all their professional lives.

I also take issue with African Americans in his generation who boast about their humble beginnings. The fact is that humble beginnings are quite typical of African Americans and no one deserves special credit for taking advantage of opportunity available to every American. He come off as a mans man who thinks he is all that. A reporter recently told a story about the time he was in Egypt giving a lecture and an attractive woman ask him a question. Herman ask his host to set up a private dinner date with the woman, when his host declined he then ask her did she want to go to dinner with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies