Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 04:26 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Absolutely not. Having opposing opinions leads to dialogue and generally ensures that extremist views do not become dominant. Having a nation of all liberals would be just as disastrous as having one of all conservatives.
The hell it does. It programs the weak-minded into becoming extremists.

Yours is just a baseless theory.

Look around you. Mine has proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 05:47 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
If, hypothetically speaking, you could somehow convince every registered member of your opposition party to leave the country, maybe by offering them a large chunk of remote land with which they could start their own autonomous country, and a nice severance package, would you do it? Is your desire really a one party country, that adopts all of the policies you personally stand for and believe in, without any political opposition or compromise?
No, but if I could convince the democrats to revert back to the party they were in my father's day I would. That party was similar to what the republican party is today.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:52 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
No. I believe it takes all kinds. I wish all of us, Democrats and Republicans, would remember we are Americans. Go ahead and hate "the other party" all you want, but remember that other party is made up of people who have your back when the s*** hits the fan. No other nationality is going to back you up and fight for you the way a fellow American is going to, even if that American is from "the other party."

Old 11-11-2011, 10:35 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,276 times
Quote:
Every time I ask this question I get the same response. It's weird really. Both parties bash each other consistently and claim the other is going to ruin the country and make life unbearable and miserable for our children, and then when ask if they'd like that party to leave the country so they can make policies on their own...the answer is always a very clear "no" lol.

It's like that husband and wife that bicker all the time and act like they hate each other but can't imagine life without the other around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRP6egIEABk

Old 11-12-2011, 12:17 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,977,924 times
Quote:
If, hypothetically speaking, you could somehow convince every registered member of your opposition party to leave the country, maybe by offering them a large chunk of remote land with which they could start their own autonomous country, and a nice severance package, would you do it? Is your desire really a one party country, that adopts all of the policies you personally stand for and believe in, without any political opposition or compromise?
Sounds like the Civil War. It didn't work out too well, even though those folks voluntarily wanted to "leave".

Old 11-12-2011, 01:39 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
We need MORE relevent parties, not fewer. Nader was correct to call them republicrats, as long as there are just 2, they can conspire together to serve their own vested interets. Hard to conspire when 2 becomes 4 or 6 or 8.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:50 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
No, I wouldn't.. Afterall I was once a misguided liberal too and I rehabilitated... Perhaps when they mature, they will as well.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:47 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,885 times
Since I can't all I can do is leave my ruined state for a more agreeable one...

But If I could Id deport all the Libs to Detroit and Chicago and make those new Utopian states...

Id fence em in so they couldn't escape...

Id consider a rehab and a path to citizenship program for the Hot Women that realized the error of their ways

Old 11-12-2011, 02:54 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
No. It is important that individuals with positions opposed to mine be present.

[i don't want to be surrounded by people who agree with me all of the time]

Old 11-12-2011, 03:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Youd be left with a country where every one thinks the same and as a consequence acts the same,no change,stagnation,almost like a communist country.You want me to leave such a country? i'll be volunteering to be on the first boat outta there..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies