Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 12:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What is worse is that so many people support this type of thing. People have zero respect for the elderly, and zero respect for anyone for that matter. This type of thing would almost never happen in a country like Japan.
I don't know of anyone who "supports this kind of thing" other than the predators participating and their idiot friends.

The most pathetic thing I noticed in the video linked in the OP (aside from the assault) was that not one single black person went to the aid of the older black victim, they just went about their way. A younger white girl/woman was the one to bend over him to see if he was ok and call for help. She was all alone from what could be seen on the video. That I think is a very sad statement for our society: that only one person in a crowd of commuters was willing to offer assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 12:51 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,262 times
I blame social injustice and Republicans. If we had more rec centers and threw more money into our failing schools, stuff like this wouldn't happen.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:07 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I don't know of anyone who "supports this kind of thing" other than the predators participating and their idiot friends.

The most pathetic thing I noticed in the video linked in the OP (aside from the assault) was that not one single black person went to the aid of the older black victim, they just went about their way. A younger white girl/woman was the one to bend over him to see if he was ok and call for help. She was all alone from what could be seen on the video. That I think is a very sad statement for our society: that only one person in a crowd of commuters was willing to offer assistance.
It's a very bad statement for our society. All but that one woman offering help to the old man must have escaped from the zoo.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:18 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Japan is a homogenous society, not one made up of a multitude of races and a history of racism. The elderly are rightfully respected in Japan, while this is not always the case in this country.

I won't bother clicking on the OP's video, as they are all the same racially charged, black on white (or black on black) trolling threads that have no business in this forum
What's racially charged about it? A young black guy punches out a black homeless guy who was being annoying, mostly black crowd laughs and ignores the homeless guy after he is laid out and a sole white woman comes to his aid.

Some people just don't want to come to grips with facts.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

Yup that's what I took from the video. The actual punching at this point is not particularly shocking. I guess I'm in the minority but I feel this should be in P&OC forum for the simple reason that folks just stepped over the guy and refused to administer aid and in fact laughed about it.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I blame social injustice and Republicans. If we had more rec centers and threw more money into our failing schools, stuff like this wouldn't happen.

Yes and don't forget swimming pools. If only these kids could swim then maybe they would have some semblance of humanity.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
what i think is not important. but the responses of "no big deal" on the thread are numbing. when the community feels there is a problem with "knockout king", it will get better and not b4. jessie jackson is right, 50 years ago AA would never had allowed this to happen. the young man would have never left the platform in one piece. only non coward in the station was that old lady kneeling to help, the brave one.
the sky is cryin

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-12-2011 at 01:39 PM..

Old 11-12-2011, 01:39 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yes and don't forget swimming pools. If only these kids could swim then maybe they would have some semblance of humanity.
Money and swimming pools fix education too. Just look at the failed Kansas City experiment. I find it amazing that people still blame lack of money on our school system failures. As you sarcastically point out, money doesn't fix all societal problems. Problems like the one in this thread need to be addressed, and real solutions need to be put in place.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:41 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Money and swimming pools fix education too. Just look at the failed Kansas City experiment. I find it amazing that people still blame lack of money on our school system failures. As you sarcastically point out, money doesn't fix all societal problems. Problems like the one in this thread need to be addressed, and real solutions need to be put in place.
Much credit for wasted money on such projects deserves to be given to CBC member Rep. Emanuel Cleaver.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:28 PM

6 posts, read 3,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

i agree that this is a race troll thread. this type of stuff happens everyday, but you'll never see a video of a white person doing it because the race based posters are only interested when this stuff happens with non whites.

White people don't do this stuff at the proportion Blacks do. This kind of stuff is an almost common occurrence in the Black community.

And if Whites do it, it'll be on the news for months. When Blacks do it, it's considered typical and usually ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies