Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 05:33 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
That is exactly why he won't survive the election... Bill Clinton was smart enough, even though it was kicking and screaming to move to the middle in order to survive to a second term.. This man is no Bill Clinton and will not see a second term because of his divisiveness and hatred.
OK, I'll pick you. Please show me his divisiveness and hatred. His rhetoric and actions are so centrist to me. His rhetoric is unifying. I haven't heard him badmouth anyone for something they didn't deserve to be called out on. He has complained about his own party. Despite this, his actions are bipartisan. He's done things that Bush would have done and caved on the Democrats demands to meet the Republicans in the middle. Gitmo is still open, the wars are still happening, and the tax cuts are still in place. Not exactly what his followers were hoping for but certainly enough to make his detractors less inclined, in my view, to label him as extreme or divisive.

Do people perceive divisiveness and hatred in him because they are blind to their own extremism? Is it the people on the far right who just can't see that far down the political spectrum without envisioning a boogeyman that does everything they don't like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 05:35 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
He needs to keep doing what he's been doing lately. Take the gloves off, give the anti-american GOP/tea party hell and call them out over and over, exposing them to the american people how they are destroying the nation by refusing to cut a penny of their outrageous spending, blocking jobs bills that will get people to work, and are deliberately holding the nation hostage for their own political gains.
Obama needs to learn from his mistakes that the GOP will never work with him, they will hate him no matter what, and the only way to deal with the right wing extremists is keep fighting back, do not cave, do not give them a damn thing.
Ahh the Tea Party is all about cutting the outrageous spending, while 0bama and the Dems want to increase it...

They are the only ones that want to actually stop completely borrowing $$$...

All that's coming out of congress is slowing the accumulation of debt, but your still talking about adding another 9 Trillion in debt...

Old 11-11-2011, 05:40 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
That is exactly why he won't survive the election... Bill Clinton was smart enough, even though it was kicking and screaming to move to the middle in order to survive to a second term.. This man is no Bill Clinton and will not see a second term because of his divisiveness and hatred.
Clinton was a completely difference scenario than it is now. Obama has been bending over completely backwards for the GOP since day one. Not only has this really hindered the progress on getting america to move forward, it has abandoned and strongly upset Obama's strong voter base. This is why in 2010 we saw the uprising of the tea party radicals that made pretty strong gains.

While the tea party did make these gains, their extreme right, middle class destroying agenda has made them extremely disliked with approval numbers in the 20's.

Since the GOP took over the house, their childish actions got kicked up even higher leading them to tanking congress to the lowest approval numbers in US history.

Obama is going to win, that's for sure mainly from the perfect alignment of the tea party radicals and their horrible approval, a group of clowns that more resembles a 3 ring circus than a presidential campaign, and GOP politicians openly stating their main agenda is just to trash the economy to make Obama look bad.

The election isn't going to be a win for Obama, it's going to be a loss for the GOP caused from their own greed and pushing the american people too far.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:41 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,239 times
Do us all a favor and stay on vacation for a year

Old 11-11-2011, 09:25 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
I think I would agree that he needs to fight the far right/tea party types. The people who would cut taxes further on billionaires, try to act as it evolution, global warming, and the United Nations are devious plots,etc. It goes against his nature, and I think that he really wanted a bipartisan, centrist presidency, but the far right pit bull contingent treats him like he is a radical communist antichrist, when in fact he is a completely practical center-left democrat. He is as liberal as Romney is conservative, which is not very. That suits me fine. I can work with either.

But I agree that if he used all his considerable intellect and rhetorical gifts to not only attack, but to decimate the far right loonies, it would be a service to the nation. When the GOP start electing center-right, informed and sensible candidates again, we will once more be be able to run our country, and hold our heads high as global citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies