Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 03:21 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
[MOD CUT]

This evening went out to dinner and proceeded on to the Michael Bolton concert and it was wonderful!!! He put on quite a show. The venue he performed at was small which made it nicer when he interacted with the audience. He mentioned that he had performed with Pavarotti and he sang the song in Pavarotti's honor. I must say, he was impressive. He has a great band!!! And he's quite the hottie!!! Yum, yum.

Did Michael sing this? >>
Michael Bolton - How Am Supposed To Live Without You(Lyrics) - YouTube

What a great song!!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-24-2011 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: response to deleted post

Old 11-24-2011, 03:37 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
I'm almost certain he didn't. He has such a wide selection of songs. He did a jazz number and an updated Gershwin number and was accompanied by a local violinist - it was great!!!! It seems that while he goes from city to city in honor of his duets album he invites a musician to play along with him and his band from that city and gives that a "spot light" while playing. His sax player did a number while MB took a break, smooth jazz and well done. I think MB has an affection for jazz and classics before his time.

Old 11-24-2011, 03:39 PM

AGAIN >>> Moving on <<< ~~~~~~Happy Thanksgiving~~~~~~

Old 11-24-2011, 03:49 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
so much for "all hatred aside" lol

Just sitting here in my dad's apartment waiting for the bird to be ready. Being immigrants, I've never had a real "American thanksgiving." Don't get me wrong, we celebrate it every year, but it's never been a wild celebration with tons of family coming over (most of my extended family lives about 5000 miles away in another continent!). I know it's supposedly a big headache for a lot of folks, but it's something I've always wanted. The whole fam gathered around the TV watching the game, even more food, tossing around the football in the back yard, hell the golden retriever scarfing down some leftover turkey when nobody but lil' Cousin Timmy is watching. I think that's why I wanna start a family when I'm older... I'd like to experience that. These Thanksgivings can get lonely sometimes, especially without someone nice by my side.

The weather was surprisingly nice today. A bit cool but very sunny and with little wind which made for a perfect late autumn day. The sun is setting now and the skies look lovely:

yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/nw429fjj Shared by marylandterp

Can't wait for all this food!
Hope you enjoy your first "real" Thanksgiving. Be happy that you are with your family. The "someone nice" will happen somewhere down the road.

I'm in Dubai and hubby and I went out for an Italian dinner. My daughter and grandson are in the States. so it's only me and hubby. We don't have any extended family on my side, so she's spending it alone with my grandson. Hopefully next year I will be back in the States and I am going to make every holiday big and special where I can have my daughter and grandson with me.

Old 11-24-2011, 04:32 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
How am I doing on this frosty, cold evening?

Very well! It snowed...yesterday? The days just blur anymore. Yes, yesterday. I made it to work and back home and then back out to work and back home. Whew! Been over 15 years since I've driven in snow. Slow and steady.

Anyway, for the 2nd time in my life, I made the turkey. If you would allow me to indulge for a moment:

::strut::

I rule with turkey making. It slid off the bone it was so moist. Nice.

::strut::

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Old 11-24-2011, 05:23 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
[MOD CUT]

Now, as far as I go.....I am studying for Calc. That is my Thanksgiving, lol!!!!

Hope everyone is having a more eventful one than I am.

Too bad my Detroit Lions lost today but at least we lost to an undefeated team!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-24-2011 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post

Old 11-24-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
[MOD CUT]

Now, as far as I go.....I am studying for Calc. That is my Thanksgiving, lol!!!!

Hope everyone is having a more eventful one than I am.

Too bad my Detroit Lions lost today but at least we lost to an undefeated team!
I'm Thankful you were compelled to start this Thread!!

It has been sort of a 'Light in the darkness.'

I sense you will be fine! Be encouraged!!!

Old 11-24-2011, 06:59 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
The one time I've liked seeing red in [].

Old 11-24-2011, 07:10 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
I'm stuffed with Turkey and Snow Goose. I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving with your families like I did. If any of you are overseas or have family overseas fighting for our country remember to tell them we are thinking of them and hoping they come home safe.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:55 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Thanksgiving without snow in Wisconsin....wow.....hardly seems possible. But here it is. Stuffed from all the good food...including some for which I would get a lecture from my cardiologist. Great to have my oldest grandson from Texas here to share it with me. I'll miss him when he leaves Saturday. Hope you all had a wonderful day. I know all my fellow Packer fans did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies