Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 10:02 PM

25 posts, read 23,375 times

Advertisements

Not tipping is forgiveable but not tipping while giving so much attitudes and being demanding on everything that is unforgiveable sin. I am serious. Those who are dating must see how their dates treat and tip the servers, cheap ones are the most selfish and rudest, it is a game of psychology, dump them right away.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I have a good idea. If black folks are such bad customers, then run a campaign saying that blacks are no longer welcome at your restaurant. That'll should solve the problem, and you'll have happy servers.
I have no problem telling cheap customers with bad atitudes to bring their business at other places. I don't want them to put flies on their meals to get away with bill and an exvuse to complaint, they can just go straight to hell

Old 11-29-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
Restaurant owners should indeed have that right. Private business owners should have the right to serve, or refuse to serve whoever they choose for whatever reason they want.
i saw myself a Jewish family get a persona non grata at a Japanese restaurant because of past bad experiences with them with endless complaints and trying to redesign their own menu book for real and tried to complained on everything as an excuse to get comped and not tipping.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
This is actually the condescending attitude I ran into with many black customers. I don't know if it's a component of the slave legacy but what I found is that many Blacks tend to have low opinion of those who are in service.
Yea?

How about the condescending attitude from blacks that come from certain parts of Africa. Don't know if it's a component of the colonial legacy, but what i found is that many blacks from former colonies have a low opinion of their fellow blacks in other nations.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:34 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
No one knows that happened, could be the typical con of claiming race for a quick pay day.
Nothing is typical about claiming racism for a quick payday. It’s more typical to experience racism in the work place and have the company support it or look the other way.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:38 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Sad but true. See it all over the country. Heard it from black servers, white and hispanics as well.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Sad but true. See it all over the country. Heard it from black servers, white and hispanics as well.

Amen to that.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:32 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,856 times
I find the need of some workers to rely upon the charity of customers obscene. A question I ask the owners of companies who expect their workers to rely upon the charity of customers for their workers pay, would you be happy to take what the customer believed your meal or service to be worth. For some reason they believe they are above getting paid what a customer believed their food or service to be worth.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:51 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
Very true.

That being said, if 9 out of every 10 little green aliens you saw kicked you in the nuts, you would be prone to cover up the grapefruits since the odds are the next little green alien you see will get all Chuck Norris-y on your family jewels.

Moral of that awesome analogy: Not every black will tip poorly, but when the majority do, it is hard to be motivated to provide proper service knowing the odds are you will not reap the benefit of your effort.
So, that explains the poor service I've gotten in the past! The servers must have been operating on logic which assumes that, because I'm black, I will most likely either tip poorly or not at all and hence I should not be given equal service. If that's the case, I would assume that blacks aren't tipping not because they are black, but because they aren't getting proper service because they are black. The server is doing himself in on that one.

That said, I am black, and I tip well. However, I may not tip as well if I get poor service. Just because you serve me (even with a ****-poor attitude) does not mean I am obligated to tip, and if one accepts such a job, this means that they do so understanding that tipping is optional and NOT promised. Still, very rarely have I given no tip. I routinely tip over 15%, but I will not tip you at all if I suspect that I'm receiving poor service because I am a black person who is assumed not to tip. In such a case, that's a stereotype that I would gladly fulfill!

Old 11-30-2011, 06:22 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
[quote=Ron.;21911604]SO WHAT?

People do stuff. I pride myself on tipping very well. I even tip the UPS guy.

Big damn deal if they don't tip. Stop acting like you're ENTITLED to a tip.

I tip every damn person that serves me. I even tip the folks at Subway. Who cares.

So, you've NEVER been stiffed by whites? And don't give me that "oh. most blacks stiff me and most whites don't" nonsense.

You just have an issue with blacks. botton line.

I've treated girlfriends great.........and I still got dumped.

I defended myself in fight at work and I still got fired.

LIFE AIN'T FAIR!

[quote]
Quote:
Blacks have been getting stiffed for years and you're getting upset over a penny-asz server job?
Poor me poor me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies