Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 04:34 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Actually, it's not unreasonable that God might want multiple people to run if each has a message He wants heard. """"

EXCEPT the candidates are NOT running for Religious Leader of the US !!!

"""No single individual has a monopoly on God's will.
Not even Christians have a monopoly on "God's will".....and certainly NOT politicians !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 04:34 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
God also told Bachman and Perry to run. If that is the case, God must be playing a cruel joke on them as not all of them can win.

A game of SIMS perhaps with them being the main characters? God sure has a great sense of humor.
Yes he does, he created man didn't he.

What I think is pathetic is that people mock anyone for admitting what they are doing is a result of what they feel they have been inspired to do through prayer and careful contemplation. For those with faith that may mean they feel God has put them on a course. So, why mock? Because you cannot understand such faith? Or, are those in this thread just small people in the way of a playground bully? So much for the "tolerant" left.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:37 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Well I am an ordained minister with proper theological training to boot, why hasn't God told me to run? I'm certainly far better spoken than most of the republican candidates and not prone to mental lapses like Perry and Bachman. Oh yeah I have also never had a sexual harassment complaint lodged against me, let alone 4.

Clearly if God was serious, he would have spoken to me, instead he is demonstrating his humor by speaking to Cain, Perry and Bachman. Personally I think he is just trying to show the evangelicals he does have a sense of humor, and he shows it at your expense.
I guess God knows who is able and who is not. Also, if you did run you would have the same charges leveled against you if you were the front runner. That or other charges they could find.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

What I think is pathetic is that people mock anyone for admitting what they are doing is a result of what they feel they have been inspired to do through prayer and careful contemplation. For those with faith that may mean they feel God has put them on a course. So, why mock? Because you cannot understand such faith? Or, are those in this thread just small people in the way of a playground bully? So much for the "tolerant" left.
Too bad as a righty you see disagreeing as "intolerance"....but it's not surprising...

from what I understand of "god'...asking him for career advice is disrespectful, rather lowers his status.......I would rather have someone who could think and decide for themselves using intellect and experience........using the brain "god" allegedly gave them....NOT depending on "voices" guiding them....that's weak, stupid, and reeks of flim flam.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:50 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,850,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunchofweirdos View Post
just more thought provoking hateful racism from the left.
Thought provoking?

Old 11-13-2011, 04:51 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

I'll readily mock any adult that claims an invisible, inaudible skydaddy telepathically spoke to them. I mock them because it's stupid and it's a lie. "God" has been universally used as a disprovable reason to do anything, including run for president. The mocking is warranted. I don't give people passes because they invoke the "god" word.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:52 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
So did Bachmann, Santorum, and Perry.

So, either God is really cruel and lied to three people, or three people on the Republican stage are delusional and hear voices in their heads.

You decide.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:52 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I guess God knows who is able and who is not. Also, if you did run you would have the same charges leveled against you if you were the front runner. That or other charges they could find.
So you are saying I am not able to run for President or not capable of being President?

You are probably right, I am far too intelligent, articulate, reasonable, level headed and well travelled to be elected President. If the Republican slate is any indication, you want an ignorant hick who is there "cause Jesus said" with foreign policy experience coming from visiting WalMart in the next county.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:54 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,740,179 times
Jesus certainly wouldn't deny someone certain things because of their religion, or in this case, MUSLIM.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:02 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,005 times
Who let the atheists out, who, who, who who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies