Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 08:48 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,481,830 times

Advertisements

What kind of man refuses to take any responsibility?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 08:52 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,466,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
as well as those of us who still believe in American exceptionalism and entrepreneurship.
Its a lie when stooges such as Romney and Perry brag about people pulling themselves up by the bootstrap cause in reality, they dont care about anyone but the rich and super rich.

Obama and Pelosi hob nob with the elite and only mingle with regular people when they want to make a speech.

The people really need to consider coming together and booting these puppets of greed and corruption. I have very little faith that its even possible anymore. People are too entrenched in this fake Liberal vs Conservative crap to read between the lines.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:05 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,632,184 times
Pot meet kettle.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,429,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
He voted 'present' 130+ times while in the Illinois legislature, so making tough choices isn't something he's been known to do, only stupid ones.

He and the rest of his 'poverty pimps' contingent, including Jackson, Sharpton & Wright are a disgrace to the human race, as well as those of us who still believe in American exceptionalism and entrepreneurship.
That information was available to people voting in 2008.
For some strange reason they thought he would take the economic crisis by the horn and end it.

He has zero history of leadership and sound decision outcomes.
As they say...."You get what you pay for."

Old 11-13-2011, 11:31 AM

42 posts, read 68,870 times
Default Too true

Mr. Obama is absolutely correct with this one. U.S. workers are extremely lazy, for the most part. I'm not saying they all are, now. But, the next time you go to a store, any store, observe the workers. What I observe is uninterested, distracted, and laziness in most workers. This, when these people should be thankful they are still employed.

As for the CEO's not doing enough, come on and wake up now. All they care about is their own business, their own pockets or pocketbooks. Nobody seems to get it.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:31 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,517,002 times
Zero Executive experience prior to his entry to the WH.

Total absence of executive skills painfully evident in the 'Obama Jobs Depression' created by his destructive policies as president.

Solyndra and LightSquared are but the 'Tip of the Corrupt Iceberg' unraveling in the Obama Administration.

In an attempt to obfuscate his miserably failed record, pursuit of every divisive tactic imaginable to fracture his opposition. Barack Obama, undeniably, is the most incompetent American tragedy ever to pursue the presidency of the United States...His Character and his Policies have dictated his fate not even the 'MISGUIDED' liberals like being lied to

Old 11-13-2011, 11:38 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,433,738 times
Is it really ok to give Obama a free pass for all his mishaps. This man is unbelievable! tomorrow i just cannot wait to see who he blames for something not right.

Everything wrong with his Presidency, has nothing to do with himself, do you notice this? problems are always because of someone else, and never him.

I would honestly respect him more, if he could at least admit some of his mistakes, but no! he can't do that. He has got to blame everyone else but himself, and his merry band of thieves in this administration.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:39 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,954,991 times
I know a lot of people hate him for a hobby, but he has a point.

Lots of US companies have been resting on their laurels for far too long.

Entry-level jobs have been outsourced - which makes economic sense short-term, of course. Long-term, not having entry-level positions means that you're not grooming the next generation of talented people. And those chickens are coming home to roost, now.

Speaking for myself, as a foreigner arriving in the US, this is awesome. I should be fighting off 25-year-olds with fresh degrees and fresh ideas, but I'm not. The people absorbing the knowledge on how to build and run large networks are all overseas. But it's horrible for the US and for the businesses here. Eventually, the smart Indian engineers will decide to build successful and innovative businesses in India, and the competition will hurt. There's a US undergrowth reversing the trend, and I applaud them, but I doubt they will manage to reverse the trend.

The US has moved to the point where success and reputation is no longer being made on running enterprises and making things happen, but on moving money around. That's where empires go to die.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:44 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,364,463 times
let me help y'all out

Old 11-13-2011, 11:45 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlraven View Post
Mr. Obama is absolutely correct with this one. U.S. workers are extremely lazy, for the most part. I'm not saying they all are, now. But, the next time you go to a store, any store, observe the workers. What I observe is uninterested, distracted, and laziness in most workers. This, when these people should be thankful they are still employed.

As for the CEO's not doing enough, come on and wake up now. All they care about is their own business, their own pockets or pocketbooks. Nobody seems to get it.
Being a cashier or working at Mickey Dee's isn't exactly inspiring. If "these people" were replaced, do you think the replacement would be much better??

CEO's don't have to do anything because government made that possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies