Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 09:41 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
That's the amusing aspect to his pleading with business to start hiring.

He's been attacking business from the get go, attacking fat cats, CEOs, bankers, corporations, you name it, he's demonized them...and now he wants them to return the favor of getting HIS economy moving?

Fat chance of that happening.
CEO mantra: You can call me whatever you want, as long as you keep throwing money at me, I can collect big fat bonuses and give me tax breaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 09:50 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,537 times
The democrats on this forum certainly seem absent on this one. It's so easy to tow the party line and call for Obama's re-election until the discussion turns to substantive issues such as this one. His poor record is indefensible and has doomed his presidency. Hail to the chief...

Old 11-13-2011, 09:51 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,531,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Obama is correct, especially when it comes to our largest corporations--corporate leaders have acclimated themselves to billions in taxpayer subsidies and now know they can expect to be 'bailed out' because they are 'to big to fail'.

But Obama and the Democrats are just as guilty as the Republicans for giving in to the demands of these greedy corporate interests.

The well being and protection of the American people is no longer their primary concern and has not been for a long time---they are all now squarely focused on keeping multi-billion dollar corporations rich and happy.

The rest of us be damned.
Great post

Old 11-13-2011, 10:09 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
The democrats on this forum certainly seem absent on this one. It's so easy to tow the party line and call for Obama's re-election until the discussion turns to substantive issues such as this one. His poor record is indefensible and has doomed his presidency. Hail to the chief...

Oh, I see a typo. I believe you meant to say: Fail to the chief............

Old 07-19-2012, 01:37 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,421,422 times
Default United we stand, divided we fall

Obama is doing a great job of dividing Americans.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
let me help y'all out

Thats funny lol

Old 07-19-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Being a cashier or working at Mickey Dee's isn't exactly inspiring. If "these people" were replaced, do you think the replacement would be much better??

CEO's don't have to do anything because government made that possible.
There are allot of illegal immigrants that would be happy to take your job.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:43 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,090 times
With all these refreshing bouts of honesty in which the real America-hating Oblama shines through, I'm beginning to wonder if the narcissist in chief isn't trying to throw the election.

Maybe he's smart enough to know that if he inherits the mess he left himself, he and everyone else in the country is screwed.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:44 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
The Democrats on this forum are too busy spamming about tax returns and other non-issues, while not giving a damn about the economy or why Obama's administration killed Brian Terry.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:25 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,531 times
Since he used "global marketplace" in the same paragraph with "creating jobs at home" it's clear the guy is a puppet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies