Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:52 AM

13,395 posts, read 44,999,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
I don't know if I would look at it that way. A lot of these people are doing what many politicians and public figures do, get out while the getting is good.

Unfortunately, Gonzalez leaving doesn't give me any hope that DC has improved or that someone better will take his place. Everytime you think things couldn't get any worse, you are setting yourself up to be proved wrong it seems.
Actually, I agree with you, Tnbound2day.
I tend to think that the Bush administration will limp through it last year with the rats jumping ship here and there--while the getting is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 09:15 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,457,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Unfortunately, Gonzalez leaving doesn't give me any hope that DC has improved or that someone better will take his place. Everytime you think things couldn't get any worse, you are setting yourself up to be proved wrong it seems.
Yeah, ********-for-Gonzalez didn't turn out as much of a trade up. Maybe the problem lies with the guy doing the nominating...

Old 08-27-2007, 09:20 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,630,636 times
Unfortunately, in corrupt government outfits, people are rarely fired or resign completely. They are usually just shuffled around on the chess board. And more unfortunately, we the people are their pawns....

Old 08-27-2007, 09:22 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,623,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Maybe the problem lies with the guy doing the nominating...
Which one, Dubya or Dick?

Old 08-27-2007, 09:31 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,791,115 times
Check out Fox's new special..."Are you smarter than Alberto Gonzalez?"

(45 second clip)

Are You Smarter Than Alberto Gonzales? | Parody & Spoofs | Funny Videos, Pictures and Jokes at JibJab (http://www.jibjab.com/view/126385 - broken link)

Old 08-27-2007, 09:53 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,200,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
I tend to think that the Bush administration will limp through it last year with the rats jumping ship here and there--while the getting is good.
I wouldn't read too much into this specific resignation. When you take a look at any administration, especially a 2 term proposition, the number of key folks jumping ship during the last year and a half is extensive. This looks like a pretty typical end of administration bail out to me, as folks preposition themselves for career changes.

I don't think it is unusual at all. Just like Ron's and Bill's second terms.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:56 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,860,097 times
Good riddance. The guy didn't enforce our laws on immigration/borders, and was basically another squishy neo-con (i.e. not really conservative) Bush lackey.

Whoever's our next president should appoint Tom Tancredo as AG! (Unless, of course, Tom gets elected prez in his own right)

Old 08-27-2007, 10:58 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,860,097 times
Quote:
Yeah, ********-for-Gonzalez didn't turn out as much of a trade up.
I liked ******** a lot actually. I was sorry to see him go.

Quote:
Maybe the problem lies with the guy doing the nominating...
Hmmm...could be!

Old 08-27-2007, 11:02 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,404,735 times
What are the odds of Alberto-boy being classified as an 'enemy combatant' and getting locked up for the rest of his years with no hearing or trial?

Old 08-27-2007, 11:13 AM

478 posts, read 959,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
First it was Rumsfeld, then Wolfowitz and Rove....wonder who will be next after Gonzales?
I call for the resignation everyone in this country who was stupid enough to vote TWICE for this personification of hell known as the Bush Administration. This resignation means they will no longer be able to vote in an election higher than that of a beauty pageant at your local county fair.

Also, I haven't got a chance to see if Faux News has been giving any time to this Gonzales story today or if they are still covering the Mid West floods with itermittent infomercials for commerative World Trade Center coins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies