Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 02:09 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Step off.
I grew up in Indonesia (born in NY), but that never affected my ability to see this as the greatest country! I always looked forward to our trips back 'home' every summer, and I was the first to say to anyone, "I'm an American."

My bro has always been into the military and serving his country.

My parents (who immigrated here from India 50 years ago) have always told me what a great place this is...full of opportunity to do anything.

Obama's wacko ideals have nothing to do with where he grew up. I think it has more to do with having been a part of the system that rewards people for not doing jack crap...he doesn't seem to understand that the normal person won't do a damn thing if you give him everything he needs to survive. Typical liberal lack of understanding of humanity.

I do think that this country has gotten soft, what with no one really caring about school, athletes and rappers being the new heroes, and half the country being obese. But that's only going to get worse if we keep paying people to sit on their butts.
His ideals come from being raised in the company of american-hating communists and marxists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 02:16 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Step off.
I grew up in Indonesia (born in NY), but that never affected my ability to see this as the greatest country! I always looked forward to our trips back 'home' every summer, and I was the first to say to anyone, "I'm an American."

My bro has always been into the military and serving his country.

My parents (who immigrated here from India 50 years ago) have always told me what a great place this is...full of opportunity to do anything.

Obama's wacko ideals have nothing to do with where he grew up. I think it has more to do with having been a part of the system that rewards people for not doing jack crap...he doesn't seem to understand that the normal person won't do a damn thing if you give him everything he needs to survive. Typical liberal lack of understanding of humanity.

I do think that this country has gotten soft, what with no one really caring about school, athletes and rappers being the new heroes, and half the country being obese. But that's only going to get worse if we keep paying people to sit on their butts.

you certainly are taking something personally that wasn't directed at you.

certainly obama does not see the country in the same way that you do, and who can say what factors contribute to that? i think that the cumulative factors in his life put him where he is in his thinking, and certainly not going to school here and most likely being subject to anti-american sentiment at that time affected how he saw things in this country. his family relationships certainly play a factor also, including probably having his father deported (as requested by harvard) back to his home country, and having a marxist parent.

when he was growing up and in school somewhere else, americans here were very loyal to their country and it was a different climate here. remember john kennedy: "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country".

americans often had one job and stayed with it their whole lives, and they certainly don't have that opportunity anymore.

that isn't laziness.

the wives used to be able to stay home and take care of the family, and now they are out working because they can't make it on one income.

that isn't laziness.

we have watched the government subvert the jobs by allowing massive unchecked immigration, lower wages, and shorter hours.

that isn't laziness.

we have watched criminals get bailouts and large cash rewards with the blessing of our pay czar and that has nothing to do with laziness.

we have watched the government take money earmarked for social security and spend it on themselves-amazingly, at the same time INCREASING our debt load.

that isn't american laziness.

now obama sees that the government is out of money and out of ideas on how to fix the problem- and wants to blame americans for his failure, and the repeated failures of congress. they haven't even come up with a budget, for crying out loud.

i am tired of americans being criticized when the government is looking for a scapegoat for their own bad behavior.

Last edited by floridasandy; 11-15-2011 at 02:34 PM..

Old 11-15-2011, 02:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Maybe the US should get really lazy and let the rest of the world starve? Let the world economy crumble to nothing. Let the great communist China take over and see what you left handers get out of it. Lazy my ass. Only ones who agree that the US is lazy are the ones who are lazy and seem to enjoy living off the HARD WORK of others. They are the lazy ones.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:05 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times
"Ball Kicker" I dunno about, but "door kicker" I do have proof of. LOL poor brat, things just didn't go his way at this time, LOOK! fifteen or so seconds....may be some Excellent, fake editing, but it's dang good stuff, and so very like him that it's just irresistible.

Obama Kicks Door Open - YouTube

Old 11-15-2011, 03:13 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,548,631 times
I think we are lazy. As a nation we used to be ambitious and always looking towards the future. Somewhere along the line we came to a conclusion that we can sit back and take a break. Now everyone is catching up to us, and will eventually surpass us, because we continue to be lazy.

We need a kick in the pants. A little jump start, if you will.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:21 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times
What about a dumbing-down in public schools, and no, I don't mean it's some sort of grand "conspiracy" and that teachers are complicit. It's from the top, down and from folks that authored the curriculums, etc.

Something...has made our kids lazier so far as the goodies they want. I'm in my fifties and as I was growing-up in Texas, we routinely had teens in our neighborhood that would ring our doorbell, asking if they could mow our lawn for money.

Our daughters, now in their mid-twenties do not have the same type of memories, not at all. See? kids want it all handed to them instead of working like previous generations did, and I do mean as young, teens being willing to work to have what they want.

Entrepreuneurialship isn't encouraged in public schools. I know since I'm also a "victim" of it. Hmmm.....

Old 11-15-2011, 03:29 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,548,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
What about a dumbing-down in public schools, and no, I don't mean it's some sort of grand "conspiracy" and that teachers are complicit. It's from the top, down and from folks that authored the curriculums, etc.

Something...has made our kids lazier so far as the goodies they want. I'm in my fifties and as I was growing-up in Texas, we routinely had teens in our neighborhood that would ring our doorbell, asking if they could mow our lawn for money.

Our daughters, now in their mid-twenties do not have the same type of memories, not at all. See? kids want it all handed to them instead of working like previous generations did, and I do mean as young, teens being willing to work to have what they want.

Entrepreuneurialship isn't encouraged in public schools. I know since I'm also a "victim" of it. Hmmm.....
Having stupid people is better for the ones in charge because you ask less questions and it limits your critical thinking skills. Limiting access to education makes it so some people can feel superior to others, and thereby make more money.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind working or being an entrepreneur, at least I'd be productive... now I'm just getting a college degree for the sake of people wanting me to have one. I don't think its worth it.

I know my argument is kind of hypocritical, but it makes sense in my mind.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:40 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post

That is what I did in the summer cut grass also passed papers to earn some cash.We had Industrial Arts in school taught us to use big power saws and *** saws gave us confidense to do things made us a little more ambitious.Worked on cars when there were points and plugs no computers or high tech gizmos put the used motor oil in old plastic milk jugs.Today Quicky Lube they made the cars to hard to work on or even to change your own oil.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:06 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,706 times
How do you sell America ? Come here and sink with us ?
I work all day , I get 4 hrs of sleep . I tend to the animals I rescue and work 7 days at each job . In 2 years I will have paid off all of my loans , my house, car and used camper I will need to transport my old relatives and rescued pets to a place close (a day drive) to many Mexican farm fields . I have made Mexican friends and my Spanish gets better every day. They and I can defend ourselves , families and property .

Why ? You ask .
So I can BAIL on you lazy Americans ! Save my family .
If Mexico gets worse ( its not all bad) they come my way .
I know everyone is not lazy , I am sure to see a crowd building walls around the food supply , LMAO .

Old 11-15-2011, 06:09 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
No fan of President Obama, but I must agree with what he said. Wake up and and open your eyes. Could we put together a space program right now? Could we build the Interstate Highway System, without immigrants making up over 80% of the workforce? I mean we cann't get produce out of the fields to feed ourselves. It may not be popular to say what he did, but he was correct when he said it.
Maybe he was discribing you, but I've never been lazy or soft, so don't deign to speak for the entire nation.

The president should never be insulting the entire nation in public like this, who the hell does he think he is??

We could not build the Hoover dam today because the environmentalists would never allow it and 0bama's EPA and Interior department would stand in the way of constructing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies