Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2011, 04:00 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Do your batteries ever run down?

Your posts have been exposed over and over again as uninformed rants based on blatant lies, ad hominem attacks, strawman arguments, and deliberate lies and misinformation from religious based anti-gay propaganda websites.
The dishonesty you display is becoming pathological. Now Wikipedia is a religious based anti-gay cite? The Journal of Homosexuality too?

Those are the sources of the information I used, in spite of your flagrantly false claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
It's this sort of willfull ignorance and spreading of misinformation that allows child molestors to escape notice so often.

Apparently you think you know better than all the researchers and health professionals in this field over the past 60 years. And apparently you think the religious anti-gay websites you used as "reference material" are more reliable and factual sources than direct links/references to studies and articles by respected, qualified and experienced researchers published in peer-reviewed Journals.
No, I said they were liars .. not that I know more than they do ... they are just way less honest. There's a difference.

But apparently, in all those 60 years of research on pedophilia, NONE of those peer reviewed researchers bothered to talk to the most publicized organization of pedophiles in the world? That must be the case, since NAMBLA clearly has stated the obvious ... "of course we are homosexuals ... that's why they like boys". The big clue there is that Man-Boy thingy .... but that poses no trouble for you and your opinions ... as long as cats bark and dogs meow and peer-reviewed researchers ignore the most relevant sources for their research.

Whats next from you? Hmmm? I suppose you are going to tell us how NAMBLA is a secret anti-gay arm of the Catholic Church, spreading lies about homosexuality and pedophilia?

Is that what you are going to claim next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 04:52 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
This is another attempt to distort and get people to believe myths, even if you don't realize it yourself. So either you are being purposely deceptive or you are just totally uninformed about of the well documented history of the Gay & Lesbian movement. For a brief history lesson and a good starting point for your journey back to reality:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ve_Association

Now, I'm not overly impressed with people who's education consists of a Master's Degree from the University of Wikipedia, but just as a reference point, it has some value, even if you cannot take everything found there to be 100% accurate. It gives you a starting point only, and should be followed by further investigation.

I'm going to start you, and others off with a few highlights, that you can then explore in more depth, and become better informed.

NAMBLA, the organization which may as well be named "Pedophiles R US" was co-founded by gay historian David Thorstad along with the gay rights organization "The Boston-Boise Committee in the 1970's in response to a raid of what law enforcement called a "sex ring" involving the molestation of boys. And, NAMBLA was the first US based organization to be a member if the International Lesbian Gay Association (ILGA), and remained a member until 1994.

So NAMBLA was born from the gay rights movement, and was embraced. The first opposition to NAMBLA, and the indictment of those witthin the Gay Rights Movement and their deep involvement came from another Gay Rights Group called the "Lesbian Caucus" who urged it's members to not participate in the 1980 NYC Gay Pride March, claiming that the organizing committee was dominated by NAMBLA members and their supporters. So it wasn't the Pope or Christian conservatives making these charges.

In the 1986 Los Angeles Gay Pride March, Harry Hay (leading gay rights activist at the time) made headlines for his wearing a sign during the Parade stating "NAMBLA walks with me", in response to some of the gay rights folks opposition to NAMBLA.

And, it wasn't until 1994 when the ILGA finally expelled NAMBLA due to IGLA's suspension of it's United Nations Consultative Status it achieved in 1993, from all of the pressure associated with it's affiliation with Pedophile groups like NAMBLA and others, like the Dutch organization "Vereniging Martijn".

The facts are, these pedophile groups and their close association with gay rights organizations has a long history ... and cutting of these ties was necessitated by the public backlash that made such groups a political liability for the advancement of the Gay Rights agenda.

Now, I have no doubt that there are many in the gay community who indeed object to pedophilia, and reject this aspect of the history of the movement ... but you cannot deny the existence of it, nor it's popularity among the many supporters it had for many years. And you cannot deny the obvious turning point in the official rejection of this by the gay rights community at large as being largely motivated by political self preservation, when NAMBLA and such support became too burdensome to be maintained.

And as a side note for my friend Jaymax .... it's not just homophobic bigots like me who make these claims of male sexual assault of boys as an act of homosexuality .... the resident experts on the matter tend to agree with me .... I guess they haven't read all of the "Studies" comprising 60 years of data either!

NAMBLA: responded by claiming that "man/boy love is by definition homosexual," that "man/boy lovers are part of the gay movement and central to gay history and culture," and that "homosexuals denying that it is 'not gay' to be attracted to adolescent boys are just as ludicrous as heterosexuals saying it's 'not heterosexual' to be attracted to adolescent girls."

So there you have it. I suppose them pedophiles at NAMBLA are just trying to besmirch the good reputation of the homosexual community, no doubt motivated by their "anti-gay" agenda and ignorant bigotry.

Yes. I thought Harry Hay had founded NAMBLA but I see he was just a strong supporter of this disgusting organization who thinks that the world would be a better place if grown men were allowed to have sex with young boys. Here is what he had to say at a NAMBLA conference in New York in 1983:

“ Because if the parents and friends of gays are truly friends of gays, they would know from their gay kids that the relationship with an older man is precisely what thirteen-, fourteen-, and fifteen-year-old kids need more than anything else in the world. [7] ”

Harry Hay - Conservapedia

The above link gives some good information (with references cited) about Harry Hay, who is considered by many as the leader of the homosexual movement and certainly a Gay Rights Pioneer. Interestingly enough, this supporter of statutory rape was an atheist and a member of the Communist Party for 18 years, before joining the Mattachine Society which is a Leftist Gay Liberation Society. Wonder if he will be featured in the California K - 12 classroom lessons, in which Homosexual Historical Figures must be included according to a law going into effect in 2012? Oh well, I'm sure it will take at least a generation or two before kids just assume its "normal" for grown men to have sex with children. Nothing to worry about. Move along.

BTW, if you DON'T think this is right. If you are concerned about preserving the safety and innocence of children, wake up and speak up.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Yes. I thought Harry Hay had founded NAMBLA but I see he was just a strong supporter of this disgusting organization who thinks that the world would be a better place if grown men were allowed to have sex with young boys. Here is what he had to say at a NAMBLA conference in New York in 1983:

“ Because if the parents and friends of gays are truly friends of gays, they would know from their gay kids that the relationship with an older man is precisely what thirteen-, fourteen-, and fifteen-year-old kids need more than anything else in the world. [7] â€

The above link gives some good information (with references cited) about Harry Hay, who is considered by many as the leader of the homosexual movement and certainly a Gay Rights Pioneer. Interestingly enough, this supporter of statutory rape was an atheist and a member of the Communist Party for 18 years, before joining the Mattachine Society which is a Leftist Gay Liberation Society. Wonder if he will be featured in the California K - 12 classroom lessons, in which Homosexual Historical Figures must be included according to a law going into effect in 2012? Oh well, I'm sure it will take at least a generation or two before kids just assume its "normal" for grown men to have sex with children. Nothing to worry about. Move along.

BTW, if you DON'T think this is right. If you are concerned about preserving the safety and innocence of children, wake up and speak up.

â€
I think it's safe to say that there are lots of gay people who think sexually abusing children is horribly wrong .... but as we have seen from the many hostile responses on this thread, there appears to be a universal unwillingness to acknowledge this abuse coming from elements within their own ranks. Not only an unwillingness to admit that, but an over zealous effort to distort the facts, and deny the history of leading members of the homosexual movement who have openly defended those engaging in sex with young kids too.

I find this level of denial deeply disturbing, and one cannot help but to wonder how much of this is motivated by fear of consequences to the image of homosexuals in general, and how much is silent support.

I'd like to believe the majority of this is just fear and self interests ... but one does have to wonder.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:40 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post

“ Because if the parents and friends of gays are truly friends of gays, they would know from their gay kids that the relationship with an older man is precisely what thirteen-, fourteen-, and fifteen-year-old kids need more than anything else in the world. [7] â€

â€
Conservapedia. Really?

Old 11-19-2011, 08:46 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Conservapedia. Really?
Do you have any challenges to the information stated? Are you saying any of what I presented from the cite is untrue?

Old 11-19-2011, 09:20 PM

834 posts, read 2,277,609 times
okay I've read a little bit about this topic this afternoon as stomach churning as it is.

I found an article from someone who worked with hardened criminals: murderers, rapists, child rapists. According to this doctor, true pedophiles (not sex offenders, not teacher/student scandals) but true, true pedophiles, are hard wired to be attracted to children. It's an absolute compulsion in them. Just as a serial killer has a compulsion to kill.
A true serial killer cannot get over his compulsion. Sometimes they can control it, but the need to kill is always there. Same with true pedophiles.

According to this doctor, to a pedo, children are children. They can molest boys or girl. The whole idea is that they haven't reached puberty yet. So they will molest who they have access to.
So doesn't it make sense that you hear more men/boy abuse stories simply because men are more likely to work with boys than girls? If Sandusky were girl a scout leader or running a girls' at risk charity, then it would have been girls he abused.

From what the doctor said, kids are kids to these guys. It's whatever sex they have access to. And for whatever reason the pedos are overwhelmingly male. For this doctor it was like 98% men he worked with. Mostly men in their 40's and 50's too. The few female child abusers he encountered were working together with men, not alone.
Very scary and dark info.
But anyway, just a thought on the homosexual issue. It's a matter of what gender is convenient to them rather than the gender itself.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeerose00 View Post
According to this doctor, to a pedo, children are children. They can molest boys or girl. The whole idea is that they haven't reached puberty yet. So they will molest who they have access to.
So doesn't it make sense that you hear more men/boy abuse stories simply because men are more likely to work with boys than girls? If Sandusky were girl a scout leader or running a girls' at risk charity, then it would have been girls he abused.

From what the doctor said, kids are kids to these guys. It's whatever sex they have access to. And for whatever reason the pedos are overwhelmingly male. For this doctor it was like 98% men he worked with. Mostly men in their 40's and 50's too. The few female child abusers he encountered were working together with men, not alone.
Very scary and dark info.
But anyway, just a thought on the homosexual issue. It's a matter of what gender is convenient to them rather than the gender itself.
But that's just not the reality. Those that target boys seem to target only boys ... and the same for those who target girls.

And a great example is NAMBLA ... these creeps are hard core pedophiles, and they go after only boys, hence their name .. National American Man Boy Love Association.

Those pedophile priests? Boys .... do they simply have no access to girls?

The pedophiles that position themselves in organizations like the Boy Scouts ... they are obviously targeting boys.

The Penn State creep? Boys only ... yet his charity organization was for troubled children, so surely there were girls available.

The data is clear on the fact that it's extremely rare for a pedophile to molest boys and girls ... they generally follow a pattern of one or the other. That's a fact, and Ray Charles could see what's happening here.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:24 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
The dishonesty you display is becoming pathological. Now Wikipedia is a religious based anti-gay cite? The Journal of Homosexuality too?

Those are the sources of the information I used, in spite of your flagrantly false claims.

No, I said they were liars .. not that I know more than they do ... they are just way less honest. There's a difference.

But apparently, in all those 60 years of research on pedophilia, NONE of those peer reviewed researchers bothered to talk to the most publicized organization of pedophiles in the world? That must be the case, since NAMBLA clearly has stated the obvious ... "of course we are homosexuals ... that's why they like boys". The big clue there is that Man-Boy thingy .... but that poses no trouble for you and your opinions ... as long as cats bark and dogs meow and peer-reviewed researchers ignore the most relevant sources for their research.

Whats next from you? Hmmm? I suppose you are going to tell us how NAMBLA is a secret anti-gay arm of the Catholic Church, spreading lies about homosexuality and pedophilia?

Is that what you are going to claim next?
Now you are claiming that your ‘sources’ are from Wikipedia and the Journal of Homosexuality? Seriously? Do you think everyone reading this thread is an idiot?

Let's look at your 'sources' on this thread…..yet again.

Quote:
^^^ Source 1. Private blog
As I already exposed in this post, you presented a strawman statement then used a link is a private blog which you used to misrepresent percentages of 'female pedophiles'. Blatant dishonesty.

Quote:

Journal of Homosexuality - "Male Inter generational Intimacy," contains several reference articles portraying sex between men and minor boys as loving relationships. One article said "parents should look upon the pedophile who loves their son "not as a rival or competitor, not as a theft of their property, but as a partner in the boy's upbringing, someone to be welcomed into their home."

and

In 1995 the homosexual magazine "Guide" said, "We can be proud that the gay movement has been home to the few voices who have had the courage to say out loud that children are naturally sexual" and "deserve the right to sexual expression with whoever they choose. "
"Instead of fearing being labeled pedophiles, we must proudly proclaim that sex is good, including children's sexuality! We must do it for the children's sake."

and

Larry Kramer, the founder of ACT-UP, wrote in his book, "Report from the Holocaust: The Making of an AIDS Activist": "In those instances where children do have sex with their homosexual elders, be they teachers or anyone else, I submit that often, very often, the child desires the activity, and perhaps even solicits it."

and

A 1988 study called "Archives of Sexual Behavior," some 86 percent of pedophiles described themselves as homosexual or bisexual. Also, the study found, the number of teenage male prostitutes who identify as homosexuals has risen from 10 percent to 60 percent in the past 15 years.
^^^ Source 2: Religious anti-gay propaganda websites
As I already exposed in this post, ALL of the quote mines you presented above as so-called "reference material" were sourced from religious anti-gay propaganda websites. Blatant dishonesty.

As requested several times, PLEASE POST THE LINKS TO YOUR SOURCES for the above ‘quotes’ so we can see just how "honest" you are.

Source 3: NARTH. (NOT the Journal of Homosexuality)
In this post and this one, I proved that you had not linked directly to the Journal of Homosexuality as you had claimed, but to an opinion page on the NARTH website. NARTH is a small fringe group of religiously conservative homophobic quacks with a long and proven history of misrepresenting studies and articles from reputable Journals and misrepresenting the work of real researchers. Blatant dishonesty.

You used Wikipedia once as a source for your NAMBLA nonsense in one of your posts, posted AFTER my post. Blatant dishonesty.

Now look at your blatantly dishonest claims about MY sources.

Quote:
...bogus and laughable "Studies from reputable sources", which includes the plethora of references directly from the homosexual community touting the values of sex with children, which is EXCLUSIVELY promoted by homosexuals through gay rights organizations, gay publications etc.
Clearly the sources for the quotes I posted were direct links to studies and articles published in reputable Journals. Not propaganda websites with distortions and misrepresentations of studies by religious anti-gay bigots like yours were.

Here is my post again - the one you started this whole nonsense thread about.

//www.city-data.com/forum/21710954-post491.html

Notice all the direct links and references to published peer-reviewed Journal articles?

Then you claim all the researchers of the studies I linked to are all liars. Your ignorance of these researchers, ignorance of the details of the studies as well as your ridiculous strawman claims about them, prove that you've never even read the studies or done any honest scholarly research on this topic.

It is obvious where the "pathological dishonesty" is coming from.
It's really the most bizarre case I have come across on these forums.

Last edited by Ceist; 11-20-2011 at 05:39 AM..

Old 11-20-2011, 05:39 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,282 times
Default don't get it

how come there is this NEED by some to demonize gay people? this happens with every minority. history shows this.

i don't understand the level of fear people can have because someone has ONE little difference from them.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:57 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,168,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
"The empirical research does not show that gay or bisexual men are any more likely than heterosexual men to molest children. This is not to argue that homosexual and bisexual men never molest children. But there is no scientific basis for asserting that they are more likely than heterosexual men to do so. And, as explained above, many child molesters cannot be characterized as having an adult sexual orientation at all; they are fixated on children."

Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation
If a male is committing homosexual acts with a male, child or not, doesn't that qualify him as a "homosexual?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies