Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:21 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
Sure it does. Yes, it takes brains to listen to liberal bomb-throwers like Bill Press and the rest of left-wing lunatics. Sick, demented Brains.
I wouldn't know. I don't watch MSNBC or read Mother Jones or carry a pic of Saul Alinsky in my pocket.

I also don't have horns or poison glands in my armpits.

Most of the characterizations of liberals that I see from the RWNJ's on this board are just hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL I take it you never have sat through a segment of Al Sharpton's show. Brain power is not needed in fact listening to him makes you feel really smart.
Listening to him makes me fart.

I'm sorry, do I not fit into your little pigeonhole?

Deal with it.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:23 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,914 times
Because FNC caters to angry old people. The average viewer age for Bill O'Reilly is 68 years old.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Because FNC caters to angry old people. The average viewer age for Bill O'Reilly is 68 years old.
And they just love to have their fears, prejudices and ignorance validated.

That's what Fox provides the avid right wing loony viewer. Validation.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:39 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Great left-wings sources of "news" you listed! Newsweek? Lol!
If you believe that Fox is "Fair and Balanced", then you obviously think everything is liberal.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:41 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,523 times
One thing Fox News does extremely well that no other news broadcast does is they fill the entire screen with motion. If you look at the background, there's always some sort of motion graphic going on whereas the other channels have mainly static sets. As every parent knows, shiny moving objects are great for holding a baby's attention.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:42 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL I take it you never have sat through a segment of Al Sharpton's show. Brain power is not needed in fact listening to him makes you feel really smart.
Al Sharpton is weird and his mother dresses him
funny. Al is the show. Thats why it's a total loss.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:04 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Fox is the main stream media if they are #1

Otherwise liberals, democrats, independents, libertarians, sane republicans etc,.. like to get their information from numerous sources and come up with their decisions themselves. Right wingers on the other hand just want to hear what they want to hear, no matter how distorted or twisted. They just lay on the couch and let fox tell them what to think and how they are suppose feel on the issues. Basic learning skills and having your own opinion is far too difficult for these type of individuals.
Being #1 doesn't mean being main stream at all. It just means the message resonates with more people than the other "opinion posing as news" broadcasters.

I can see the programming worked on you... Once again, more main stream rhetorical garbage being pushed as common sense with a hint of elitist better than thou reasoning. It's ironic having someone without an original thought in their body, telling others how they are the sheep. It would be laughable if it weren't so sad.

You only need look to a mirror for sheeple guidance, because your good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like you!

Old 11-17-2011, 08:11 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
They're not in the business of protecting people and to them there's no such thing as a sacred cow.

Look no farther than our current President; his illegal immigrant uncle who was ordered deported in 1992 is still here and has a Social Security card!!!!!

Think anybody at ABC, NBC or CBS will ever mention this on the air?

Old 11-17-2011, 08:20 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
People watch Fox News because it operates on their intellectual level. People won't watch what's stupid or what they can't grasp. Fox is the middle, it's John Q Public's choice.

And unfortunately, only Fox viewers and supporters will claim that its ratings wins make it "right" or "accurate" when in fact there is no connection like that to be claimed. Otherwise, they would have to also insist that the Toyota Camry is the best car and that Dancing With the Stars is the best television show. They aren't. And Fox isn't. It's just the most popular example of mind control for an ignorant and sleeping population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies