Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 10:30 AM

13,613 posts, read 10,020,368 times

Advertisements

This thread is already proving that a lot of accusations are based on prejudicial assumptions.

Interesting.

Carry on.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:45 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I have to know, how did you get our far righties here to pose for the picture?
Quote:
Please point out where I have EVER labeled anyone here as a racist becase all they did was question someones ideas or actions without them having made several racist comments. Prove it or prove your major lack of credibilty here.
Hell you did it in this thread already.

You commented on a photo showing a group of white people holding what could be seen today as racially charged protest signs and then you asked how someone got all the far righties here to pose for the picture. You picked a group of people with similar political ideas or actions, the far righties"... and you associated them with a racist photograph. I know this logic will be a bit much for you to handle all at once but just think about it for a minute... hopefully it'll come to you.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
This may not be on the forum, hence it could be difficult to prove.
Meaning that .............................. the claim is based on a few isolated cases and is NOT the norm, something SOME here claim happens on a regular basis.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:57 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
"Call them racists" is a time-honored tactic among liberals when there is a desperate need to discredit a political opponent (or sometimes just for fun). Thanks to the Daily Caller's investigation into 'journolist' we now have a smoking gun to confirm that it's a a conciously calculated lie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily caller
[LEFT]Spencer Ackerman of the Washington Independent urged his colleagues to deflect attention from Obama’s relationship with Wright by changing the subject. Pick one of Obama’s conservative critics, Ackerman wrote, “Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists.”

Read more: Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright | The Daily Caller

The tactic results in a couple of predictable effects: 1)those who hear the false accusations and buy into them will be inflamed; 2) those who are falsely accused will be inflamed. In both cases the likely outcome is increased racial division and hostility

A small number of liberals, such as Juan Williams, have come to terms with this tactic and rejected it outright. The vast majority of liberals either embrace it outright or spin it away somehow, which amounts to the same thing.[/LEFT]

Old 11-16-2011, 11:03 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
“Racist” is just an example.

I sometimes feel that people can be too free with their use of words, and are often too ready to attack without the full comprehension of a situation.

Any opinions?
No it is not abusive. I really wish people would stop using the word "abusive" for every little slight they feel.

As for throwing out the "racist" card right and left, Monday through Sunday, I say the same to the person being called that as I do anyone being called anything:

Who cares.

Consider the source.

If that is all the person has to throw at you, they are extremely unintelligent and not deserving of your time much less a single moment of care about what they called you.

Words can only hurt you if you LET them hurt you.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:18 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
Quote:
ONE MORE AND LAST TIME, I was joking around, get a life.

Whatever bro...

If someone else did that you would be the first one to pull the race card even after they said they were joking.

gotta love the internet

Old 11-16-2011, 11:18 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
it has gotten to the point of bulling
I have been called that because not only do I not support Obama
I do not like him at all
frankly, I could care less
then they turn around and use their crap on folks like Herman Cain
saying he is trying to please white folks, and that is the nicest thing they said
there are folks who ARE racist, I see it a lot, and some of the folks I see it in have black faces
but, oooohhhhh you better not say that!
it is double talk babble, I do not let then upset me, because I know I am not racist, their words do not effect me
I like or dislike someone based on who they are, like Dr King suggested, not what color they are
some folks are just for crap, period
some black folks I would not bother to walk across the street for, but there are some white folks
I would not only not go over there for, I would run like hell from
the ones who use it to beat over the head of folks to shut them up, are real *******s, but they only have the power someone is willing to give them
personally, they can keep yammering, but yammer some where else~

Old 11-16-2011, 11:19 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
For someone that complains about the racist label being thrown around you sure have a funny way of showing it. In addition to accusing a member on here of being racist, here are some threads you created
I complain about false claims of racism that are constantly thrown around by lefties around here. Everything you posted is based on FACT, not opinion. Try again.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:27 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I complain about false claims of racism that are constantly thrown around by lefties around here. Everything you posted is based on FACT, not opinion. Try again.
You sure seem to throw the racism charges against many people and groups, often without hesitation, which is what the thread is about. You even claimed that you are often the victim of racism.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:31 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
No one is a racist these days...This is not 1957..where people were totally unaware and ignorant regarding race...If a person is a jerk - and they happen to be different....and you don't really like them - You will be called a racist for showing your disapproval...what sane person these days would use the N word for a black person that is intelligent ---good natured - attractive and industrious? No person would use the N word to describe this type of black person - BUT if the black person was a rotten and stupid violent gang banging creep - people will use the N word....so is that racist - or is that just sound judgement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies