Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 04:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If you read this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2062129/White-House-Bullet-hits-window-Secret-Service-hunt-suspect-Oscar-Ortega-Hernandez.html?ITO=1490 it states that he “had been spending time with the Occupy D.C. protesters”.

That and the fact that he is Hispanic probably caused the four day delay in reporting? It is nice that we still play politics - even when they are shooting at our President!

How was he "shooting at our President" when Obama was not even in town that day?

Just a bit over-dramatic don't you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 05:00 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Gotta love the irony here. A liberal loony Hispanic tries to take a shot at a President who panders shamelessly for the Hispanic vote and puts off critical decisions as to not alienate his far Left base.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:58 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

How was he "shooting at our President" when Obama was not even in town that day?

Maybe it was a little over- dramatic? I don’t think our Secret Service will think that he wasn’t shooting at the President. He is in as much hot water as if he had taken a direct shot. As far as we know; he did not even know the President was not home?

They did catch him today.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:01 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
For pretty much similar reasons that I've never seen guns being allowed on airplanes.
Your reply has nothing whatsoever to do with the post you quoted.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:07 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
I watched this on the news, and just had to laugh at one thing NBC said. They said the guy who did this might have mental problems. LOL, ya think The guy just shot at the White House.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:29 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Maybe it was a little over- dramatic? I don’t think our Secret Service will think that he wasn’t shooting at the President. He is in as much hot water as if he had taken a direct shot. As far as we know; he did not even know the President was not home?

They did catch him today.
Yes, your statement about "shooting at our President" being over dramatic. I'm not saying this guy was not a real threat but at least be honest about the POTUS not being within 1000 miles of the White House at the time the shots were fired (The Obamas were in California).

It is good he was caught, now the questions begin. Why did the press bury the news all weekend? Where is Janet Napalitano on this? What about the 2nd car and is there an accomplice suspected? Is the left so disenfranchised with Obama that they are willing to take him out as has happend before in our history?

Old 11-17-2011, 03:54 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Yes, your statement about "shooting at our President" being over dramatic. I'm not saying this guy was not a real threat but at least be honest about the POTUS not being within 1000 miles of the White House at the time the shots were fired (The Obamas were in California).

It is good he was caught, now the questions begin. Why did the press bury the news all weekend? Where is Janet Napalitano on this? What about the 2nd car and is there an accomplice suspected? Is the left so disenfranchised with Obama that they are willing to take him out as has happend before in our history?
I agree with you about the reporting lag. There was a time where we knew about an incident, like this one, within minutes of when it happened. To me; it sounds as if politics played a big roll in the delay. With the fire bombing threat in NYC and this shooting in DC the OWS crowd is loosing their battle and will quickly loose their support.

I still take issue with my statement of being overdramatic. The White House was occupied at the time that the shots were fired. At a half mile away; the suspect did not know if he possibly could have injured or killed anybody. The rifle he used could kill up to a 1000 yards away - maybe even farther. It isn’t clear if he knew if the President was in the building. We doubt if he knew that his shots would go through the glass. I would not want somebody to paint a bull’s-eye on the side of my house; would you?

Old 11-17-2011, 05:42 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:

Our president? Please don't insult me.

Thanks

Old 11-17-2011, 07:14 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
I am glad the President was away and nobody was hit. I also glad they caught the guy.

Its too bad he is Hispanic. The Lefties did not get their McVeigh-Aryan-Nutjob from Idaho and will have to hold their orgasmic indignation for another day.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:20 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I am glad the President was away and nobody was hit. I also glad they caught the guy.

Its too bad he is Hispanic. The Lefties did not get their McVeigh-Aryan-Nutjob from Idaho and will have to hold their orgasmic indignation for another day.

^^ This

Instead they'll want to figure out how we as a society failed this poor soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies