Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 11:11 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times

Advertisements

Laws need to be placed that punish bullies HARD. They should be dealt with swiftly and severely. For the most part, the schools turn a blind eye, the parents don't think their little precious could do such a thing, and the bullies themselves only get power from it. This needs to change. The schools themselves need to be held responsible once they know of bullying occurring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 11:12 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
And excusing the suicide of a 10 year old child because she was bullied only serves to spread the problem.

No excuse for suicide, unless facing imminent painful death, such as those trapped above certain floors of the WTC.
You may want to read "102 Minutes". You will learn that jumping was not willful and a decision made by many.

You will also learn about how many lives could have been saved but there was a strong attempt to cover up the facts. Guiliani and Bloomberg publicly lied - but that's another thread.

I think you and a few others know as much about the type of bullying that goes on today as you do about performing brain surgery.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:13 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Laws need to be placed that punish bullies HARD. They should be dealt with swiftly and severely. For the most part, the schools turn a blind eye, the parents don't think their little precious could do such a thing, and the bullies themselves only get power from it. This needs to change. The schools themselves need to be held responsible once they know of bullying occurring.

Yeah, lets send people to jail for calling others a moron.

Not in my country, no sir.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:14 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

You will also learn about how many lives could have been saved but there was a strong attempt to cover up the facts. Guiliani and Bloomberg publicly lied - but that's another thread.
Oh God! Here we go!!

Old 11-16-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
You may want to read "102 Minutes". You will learn that jumping was not an option for many.

I think you and a few others know as much about the type of bullying that goes on today as you do about performing brain surgery.

What part of

"No excuse for suicide, UNLESS facing imminent death with severe pain, such as those in the WTC"

Don't you understand.

Now I'm not bullying you, so please don't go out and hurt yourself.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I think the fact that you despise bullying and name calling, then turn around and tell me you hope that I kill myself says a lot about you.
Why should you care? Your insensitive right? Your immune to feelings right?

Old 11-16-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Why should you care? Your insensitive right? Your immune to feelings right?

I don't care, I just said I think it says a lot about you.

What Is A Hypocrite? - YouTube

Old 11-16-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
What part of

"No excuse for suicide, UNLESS facing imminent death with severe pain, such as those in the WTC"

Don't you understand.

Now I'm not bullying you, so please don't go out and hurt yourself.
How unfortunate for you that you can only find one reason to commit suicide and not understand what a 10 year old could have been going through. Don't ever let anyone accuse you of being compassionate.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:24 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
One more thing. Some of you say the picked on should just fight back and the problem will be solved. Sure, but realize that it actually results in worse problems for some. I personally know someone who reached their breaking point and fought back. The bullies were enraged, and got more of their friends to pick on and harass this person, including physically hurting him. It got to where he was in nearly daily fights just trying to defend himself. It was him vs. a group of 30+ bullies, when at first it was two bullies. Long story short, he ended up hospitalized with a broken back, in high school. Finally law enforcement took action at that point. The school wanted to punish him, for fighting (though he was defending himself). So yeah, fight back, and it could work, or it could make it worse. It's a gamble. A kid shouldn't be put into that situation in the first place, and that we allow it to happen is horrible.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
How unfortunate for you that you can only find one reason to commit suicide and not understand what a 10 year old could have been going through. Don't ever let anyone accuse you of being compassionate.

People get made fun everyday and don't kill themselves.

You put any person on top of a burning building with no hope of rescue....

Apples and oranges.

Again, I'm not picking on you, so please don't hurt yourself.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies