Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,552,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
It looks to me like Boehner spends all his spare time in a tanning bed.
Well, it's either that or he eats too many carrots or there is something wrong with his liver???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 07:43 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,294,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Damn right it does, getting shot while fighting for your country as a volunteer isn't exactly the same as getting shot while signing autographs at a political fund raiser or mixer with the people who you want to vote for you again.
Wrong. Our elected officials ARE servicing their county, same as those who sign up for the military. They give up their privacy and put themselves in harm's way of every lunatic and every foreign enemies of our country---and a few domestic terrorists as well. We've had 4 presidents and 13 congressmen assassinated, and lots of attempted assassinations, especially in recent times. Being an elected official is a huge commitment to our country in terms of safety for their selves and their families.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:03 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,837,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Wrong. Our elected officials ARE servicing their county, same as those who sign up for the military. They give up their privacy and put themselves in harm's way of every lunatic and every foreign enemies of our country---and a few domestic terrorists as well. We've had 4 presidents and 13 congressmen assassinated, and lots of attempted assassinations, especially in recent times. Being an elected official is a huge commitment to our country in terms of safety for their selves and their families.
Really? Which ones?

Old 11-16-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Really? Which ones?
Google it. That's how I found the list.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:24 AM

17,390 posts, read 11,940,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm sorry for what she's been through, and she is suffering significant brain damage. I'm not sure that would make her any more incompetent than some other Democrats in congress... With half a brain, she's still got to be brighter than Bwanny Frank, Nancy Pelosi or a few others.
She may be bright, even brilliant after her injury. But the job requires certain communication skills, and her's have obviously been affected.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:26 AM

17,390 posts, read 11,940,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
As opposed to her Republican opponent who held rallies where participants could shoot automatic wepons at pictures of Gabby Giffords.
Oh, puhleeez show me where this is true.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Oh, puhleeez show me where this is true.
Flashback: Giffords Opponent Had M16 Shooting Event, ‘Help Remove Gabrielle Giffords From Office’ | TPMDC

Old 11-17-2011, 07:52 AM

24,373 posts, read 22,986,934 times
She's vulnerable to what she's told and probably doesn't know everything that was said or done or what happened. I'd cut her some slack and likewise her husband seems like a pretty upright guy. They've had a crappy time and have the right to be bitter and lashing out at the loon solely responsible won't get them any favors.
Honestly, not too many in DC on either side of the aisle seem like the kind of people you'd want to turn to in times of personal tragedy and expect warmth and concern, and none in leadership positions.
An ex astronaut would likely be at odds with any cuts at NASA so he'd have to think long and hard who he'd represent. His party, his career field or his constituents. That might be tough and all three would likely be at odds with one or the other.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
I've lost a lot of respect for Gifford. She knows full well this guy was actually some kind of demented follower she picked up and it's not about politics, but she shamefully allows it to be twisted into something it never was. Just like John Lennon was killed by a fan.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:27 AM

52,553 posts, read 34,276,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, if the "evil" Giffords politicizes her attack into political gain....
who are you quoting as calling giffords 'evil'? or did you just make that up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies