Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 08:56 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujulu View Post
The world is screaming for this. It's an idea whose time is come. The time of the individual nations state has come and gone.

Among the many benefits:

*Globalizing the risks, so that small countries don't face the brunt of the capital system.

*Easier policymaking for crucial issues like climate change.

*One world currency and elimation of passports facillitates travel and trade

*One global world court to ensure accountability

You have been brainwashed and fall right into the Globalist agenda. True Patriots will fight until there last breath to preserve true freedom! Paul2012!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 09:00 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
We need one world, global government, and we need it now

"We" sure do and if "we" have to kill 6 billion 900 million people to do it "we" will...

Just who is the "we" is the problem...

Old 11-26-2011, 09:34 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,959 times
http://rt.com/news/bird-flu-killer-strain-119/

Man Made super flu could kill half of humanity and researchers want of publish recipe.......

Old 11-28-2011, 05:30 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
I think this is a great idea, but first humanity needs to grow up. We are far too prone to defensiveness, violence, war and so on to become a global government right now. That needs to change in the hearts of people and countries before we can successfully become a global government. However, when it does happen, it would save us a lot of time, money, and energy. All the time, money, and energy we put into defense (making weapons, building armies) right now could be funneled into other causes like education and infrastructure. I don't think we're ready yet, though, because it's kind of like creating an honor code for people that are still in the mentality of cheating. Too many greedy people would take advantage of this new system as it stands now, so we would need to change society from the inside-out first before we could manifest such a peaceful existence.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:34 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Some nations have a hard time with more than one major ethnic, religious, cultural, or linguistic group in their country. The USSR, Former Yugoslavia, India at the time of independence, a number of African countries, etc.

Among the many downsides:

1) A government (democratic or otherwise) that would be probably the least responsive to local needs that has ever existed.

2) Massive emigration from the poorest areas of the world to some of the wealthiest which would increase racial/ethnic tensions and class conflict.

3) The fact that there are literally hundreds of millions of nationalists throughout the world and violent revolts and possibly a global civil war (which is kind of an oxymoron).

4) The fact that there are Islamic extremists that would certainly oppose a secular government and would use the removal of travel restrictions and immigration laws to impose their views on others.

5) The fact that other nations have different rail grades, different units of measurement, different electrical currents, and other differences in infrastructure and it would cost hundreds of billions (at least) to standardize on a global scale.

6) If you think America leans a tad conservative compared to Europe because of the South, just wait until the Arab world, China, Singapore, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, and most of Africa have a say on social issues.
A global government would seriously help with poverty because all the money that goes into defining borders could be redirected to helping the poor by growing and distributing food, building homes, and starting up companies that would in turn create jobs.

The rest I already covered in my previous post. Society needs to grow up before it can handle a global government, but once it does, I think it would be a great idea. By "grow up", I mean getting rid of the desire to punch anyone who disagrees with you, and letting go of the victim mentality and instead shifting towards an altruistic mentality.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:13 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
This very well could be the dumbest idea I've seen on the interwebs...EVER.
It may be a dumb idea--I'd call it dangerous--but it's not new. Remember, Obama proclaimed himself a citizen of the world in 2008. Scratch any liberal and you'll find a one worlder.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:32 AM

913 posts, read 872,630 times
Quote:
The world is screaming for this. It's an idea whose time is come. The time of the individual nations state has come and gone.

Among the many benefits:

*Globalizing the risks, so that small countries don't face the brunt of the capital system.

that is all very well if they make the laws that you like. what happens when they float laws that you don't? nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

and who's to say that someone like hitler doesn't take charge, then what.

what if they make laws which say you can't travel? happened in the soviet union, why couldn't that happen again?

i personally find the idea very frightening

Old 11-28-2011, 07:01 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
"We need one world, global government, and we need it now "

Germany under Hitler believed the same thing back in the 30s.

Let's do it again! Yeah sure.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:14 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
A global government would seriously help with poverty because all the money that goes into defining borders could be redirected to helping the poor by growing and distributing food, building homes, and starting up companies that would in turn create jobs.

The Third World does generally grow enough food to feed itself. The biggest problem is infrastructure development. Things like sewer systems and electrical grids. Lack of effective sewerage in the Third World already leads to millions of deaths a year.

The rest I already covered in my previous post. Society needs to grow up before it can handle a global government, but once it does, I think it would be a great idea. By "grow up", I mean getting rid of the desire to punch anyone who disagrees with you, and letting go of the victim mentality and instead shifting towards an altruistic mentality.

In other words, completely disregard the entire history of mankind. It's like talking about abolishing the police and prisons because nobody commits crime anymore. Yeah, it is not impossible (as in there are no laws of nature that forbid it), but the likelihood of it happening are less than me winning the governorship of Florida after landing my own reality TV series and then having a celebratory threesome with Megan Fox and Jessica Alba. Sure, there is nothing in the universe that says that is physically impossible, but the likelihood of everyone putting away decades (or even centuries) ethnic, religious, racial, economic, linguistic, and regional conflict and work against their own self interest for an abstract idea like the brotherhood of mankind is even less likely.
My text is in bold.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:26 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,424,313 times
Quote:

Among the many benefits:

I haven't read all the responses but, "easier policymaking", when individual countries' governments can't agree on anything? I don't think so.
And who would you trust with that much power? Nobody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies