Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 07:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Well, for one I didn't say that.
Yes you did
Quote:
Two, most people can understand that if you reduce the amount of money that goes to the Treasury without accompanying spending the deficit will increase. That's what happened after the Bush tax cuts were enacted.
And you go and say what you claim you didnt say again.

Reducing the tax rate does NOT reduce the amount of money to the treasury. In fact the CBO says just the opposite

Federal Tax Revenues from 2003 to 2006

Had revenues grown at the same rate as the overall economy between 2003 and 2006, federal receipts would have increased by only $373 billion. The other $252 billion of the actual increase in revenues represents growth in excess of GDP growth.

YOU WERE WRONG. The deficit increased ONLY because spending increased because income DID increase!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 07:02 PM

773 posts, read 503,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Bull. Democrats could have simply done NOTHING, and the Bush tax cuts would have expired. YOU are the one being dishonest because the extension wouldnt have happened without Democratic support. Hell, the Democrats needed to bring the bill to a vote, not the GOP
There you go again with those pesky facts. Liberals hate them.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:03 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Quote:
Yes you did

And you go and say what you claim you didnt say again.

Reducing the tax rate does NOT reduce the amount of money to the treasury. In fact the CBO says just the opposite

Federal Tax Revenues from 2003 to 2006

Had revenues grown at the same rate as the overall economy between 2003 and 2006, federal receipts would have increased by only $373 billion. The other $252 billion of the actual increase in revenues represents growth in excess of GDP growth.

YOU WERE WRONG. The deficit increased ONLY because spending increased because income DID increase!!
Please point to where I said the Treasury should take all of someone's wealth.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Ummm....here you go. Taxes lowered, revenue goes up to historic highs.

Historical Amount of Revenue by Source

I will accept your admission of be wrong.
It also happened under Clinton, when he cut capital gains from 28% to 20% and taxes on 90% of small businesses.

Why these liberals are expecting the exact results of Obama doing the exact opposite, I'll never understand.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:04 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Actually, if you look at the revenue brought into the government after the second round of Bush tax cuts, you will see they skyrocketed. We set record revenue collection. Those are the facts.

And I dare you to challenge me on those numbers. I will gladly look up the right wing website for you, as long as you are willing to admit you were wrong. Deal?
he's right

Old 11-16-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Increasing taxes = taking ones wealth, and according to you, the higher the tax rate, the more money to the Treasury. Since you only care about the Treasury "wealth", then surely you would support a 100% tax rate under the notion that the nation will be very very wealthy right? See this is where you liberal kooks display your lack of basic economics.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Well, for one I didn't say that. Two, most people can understand that if you reduce the amount of money that goes to the Treasury without accompanying spending cuts the deficit will increase. That's what happened after the Bush tax cuts were enacted.
Wrong. As I posted, with the government link, revenues went up, WAY UP, after the second round of Bush tax cuts. Those are facts.

And Yes, Bush also spent way too much on wars and a p-drug program.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:07 PM

A good read for those who actually believe that lowering taxes for the wealthy increases tax revenue.

Varney Revives False Claim That Cutting Taxes Increases Revenue | Media Matters for America

Old 11-16-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Increasing taxes = taking ones wealth, and according to you, the higher the tax rate, the more money to the Treasury. Since you only care about the Treasury "wealth", then surely you would support a 100% tax rate under the notion that the nation will be very very wealthy right? See this is where you liberal kooks display your lack of basic economics.
You said I support the Treasury taking all of a taxpayers wealth. Please point to where I made that claim.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Right here:

Quote:
That's why I favor tax increases and spending cuts. I'm actually serious about lowering government debt.
You're welcome.

Now please respond to the link I posted showing lowering taxes dramatically INCREASED revenues please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies