Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 05:33 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,036,821 times

Advertisements

Threads like this illustrate beautifully why America is imploding......people would rather follow their ideology over a cliff than wake up and realize the truth and vote for what works and what needs to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 05:35 AM

1,332 posts, read 993,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI*TEA View Post
They simply want to destroy the middle class. Republicans are working for the rich. They are all on a mission to raise taxes wherever they can on the middle class , while protecting their masters, the wealthy top 1%. How about we cut congresses pay and benefits by 50%, starting with this scum bag Pat Toomey in PA.....then let's end these crazy wars that republicans got us into and are now looking for middle class to pay for. I've had it with the hijacked tea party and these republicans in office. I will NEVER vote republican again after what I've seen the last few months. Obama will certainly get my vote now...99%.

Link GOP tax plan targets itemized deductions - Yahoo! Finance
Also see: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...dle-class.html another tactic by these repugnant scum criminal GOPers to sneak more taxes in on the middle class.
That is certainly a short sighted view of things. Congratulations.

What you fail to realize is that we have a MASSIVE debt..most of which has been brought on by the current DEMOCRAT administration.

The final 2 years of the Bush administration and the first 2 years of the Obama admninistration, the democrats controlled both houses of congress. During that time, this country has sunk in to the abysss of debt to the tune of 14 TRILLION dollars. And during that time, China has purchased much of that debt.

I agree that the wars in the middle east have been costly. We should be out of the middle east completely..that would certainly save us a bundle. And I also agree with Ron Paul when he says that we should close most of our bases around the world..there is no reason to keep them open anymore. We need to take care of our own for a change, and MIND OUR OWN BUSINESS.

So when you go laying blame, try to remember that both parties share the burden for the horrible situation we are in. We have a mismanaged, uncaring, corrupt government...and it is up to US to change that with our voting power.

Voting for Obama and the democrats is nothing more than a vote to spend us further into oblivion....to print more money until the value of the dollar has sunk below that of the Euro, and then THAT can take over as the world currency.

Bottom line is this...due to the unbridled spending spree the government has been on for decades, there is a revenue crisis in the federal government. Unfortunately, we have elected the people who have put us there..and WE are the ones who will have to PAY to get us out of the mess they have us in. The middle class is the largest of the classes so that is where the biggest revenue will come from in a tax increase.

The problem is that we need sweeping changes in our tax system. We need to make sure everyone contributes...that we do away with loopholes for the wealthy. There are some good ideas from the republican candidates to re-vamp the tax code. I urge you to take a hard look at them before you make up your mind to vote for another 4 years of Obama spending us into oblivion.

If you want to be mad at someone....how about Obama and his best buddy Jeffrey Immelt...who is the CEO of General Electric...who sits with Michelle and the kids in the Presidential box when Obama is speaking to congress...who is Obama's head of the JOBS commission he created...who took advantage of loopholes in the current tax code that allowed GE to pay ZERO in corporate profit taxes in 2010?? Oh...and let's not forget that under Mr. Immelt, GE also sent a slew of jobs to CHINA..investing 2 BILLION dollars into the Chinese economy. You can read about that below.

If you want to be angry....focus it there. But whatever you do...FOCUS before you commit your vote.

GE moving X-ray business to China. What message is sent to U.S.? – Cafferty File - CNN.com Blogs

Old 11-17-2011, 05:37 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,574,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
At least the GOP isn't full of hypocrites...
Say what?

Old 11-17-2011, 05:40 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,536,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Laugh all you want but he will be our next president. Mark my words.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:45 AM

Default I Will NEVER Vote Republican again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Threads like this illustrate beautifully why America is imploding......people would rather follow their ideology over a cliff
Blind hyperpartisanship is so much easier than thinking. But not ALL Americans are guilty. I voted GOP for decades. Probably never will again, though. I'm who they hate nowadays; a working guy who's paying attention. I've voted Dem once, so now they consider me a commie.

Quote:
than wake up and realize the truth and vote for what works and what needs to happen.
We mostly are not allowed to vote for what will work for America. We only get narrow options on what will work best for America's owners.

You and I and everyone we know are not on that list.

The megarich and corporations now own all three branches of government at every level, with few exceptions. And they aren't going to allow that to change.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:47 AM

Smile Gingrich won't get much closer to the GOP nomination that you or I

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Laugh all you want but he will be our next president. Mark my words.

See ya next year.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:48 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,787,973 times
Quote:
They simply want to destroy the middle class. Republicans are working for the rich. They are all on a mission to raise taxes wherever they can on the middle class , while protecting their masters, the wealthy top 1%. How about we cut congresses pay and benefits by 50%, starting with this scum bag Pat Toomey in PA.....then let's end these crazy wars that republicans got us into and are now looking for middle class to pay for. I've had it with the hijacked tea party and these republicans in office. I will NEVER vote republican again after what I've seen the last few months. Obama will certainly get my vote now...99%.

Also see: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...dle-class.html another tactic by these repugnant scum criminal GOPers to sneak more taxes in on the middle class.
You're 100% correct. The GOP and especially the tea party radicals want nothing more than to destroy the middle class at all costs and turn america into a complete corporatist/fascist reign. Glad to hear you've seen the light

Old 11-17-2011, 05:49 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,036,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
That is certainly a short sighted view of things. Congratulations.

What you fail to realize is that we have a MASSIVE debt..most of which has been brought on by the current DEMOCRAT administration.

The final 2 years of the Bush administration and the first 2 years of the Obama admninistration, the democrats controlled both houses of congress. During that time, this country has sunk in to the abysss of debt to the tune of 14 TRILLION dollars. And during that time, China has purchased much of that debt.

I agree that the wars in the middle east have been costly. We should be out of the middle east completely..that would certainly save us a bundle. And I also agree with Ron Paul when he says that we should close most of our bases around the world..there is no reason to keep them open anymore. We need to take care of our own for a change, and MIND OUR OWN BUSINESS.

So when you go laying blame, try to remember that both parties share the burden for the horrible situation we are in. We have a mismanaged, uncaring, corrupt government...and it is up to US to change that with our voting power.

Voting for Obama and the democrats is nothing more than a vote to spend us further into oblivion....to print more money until the value of the dollar has sunk below that of the Euro, and then THAT can take over as the world currency.

Bottom line is this...due to the unbridled spending spree the government has been on for decades, there is a revenue crisis in the federal government. Unfortunately, we have elected the people who have put us there..and WE are the ones who will have to PAY to get us out of the mess they have us in. The middle class is the largest of the classes so that is where the biggest revenue will come from in a tax increase.

The problem is that we need sweeping changes in our tax system. We need to make sure everyone contributes...that we do away with loopholes for the wealthy. There are some good ideas from the republican candidates to re-vamp the tax code. I urge you to take a hard look at them before you make up your mind to vote for another 4 years of Obama spending us into oblivion.

If you want to be mad at someone....how about Obama and his best buddy Jeffrey Immelt...who is the CEO of General Electric...who sits with Michelle and the kids in the Presidential box when Obama is speaking to congress...who is Obama's head of the JOBS commission he created...who took advantage of loopholes in the current tax code that allowed GE to pay ZERO in corporate profit taxes in 2010?? Oh...and let's not forget that under Mr. Immelt, GE also sent a slew of jobs to CHINA..investing 2 BILLION dollars into the Chinese economy. You can read about that below.

If you want to be angry....focus it there. But whatever you do...FOCUS before you commit your vote.

GE moving X-ray business to China. What message is sent to U.S.? – Cafferty File - CNN.com Blogs

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!!! NONE of that matters as long as we have a debt based monetary system. We will forever be in debt servitude as long as private banks issue our currency or "money". You are exactly what I'm talking about. You fail like most Americans miserably at understanding who controls and how they control our country. We could have a corporate tax rate at 75%, we could cut spending to a trickle..........BUT WE WOULD STILL be in debt servitude to the banks.....THEY ISSUE OUR MONEY AND LEND IT BACK TO US AT INTEREST! Do people understand that?

Old 11-17-2011, 05:49 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,015,110 times
Quote:

Be honest.

You're a die hard leftist and have never gotten close to pulling a lever for a republican in your life.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:51 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,315,724 times
The OP says that the republicans (that he has supported in the past lol) are proposing tax increases to the middle class. But the article says the plan is targeting only the wealthiest Americans.
"A GOP congressional aide said the plan is designed to raise taxes on households in the top two tax brackets. That would affect individuals making more than $174,400 and married couples making more than $212,300."
That is not exactly the middle class. Plus those that use the standard deduction (usually poorer Americans that don't own homes or give to charity) will get a tax cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies