Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 12:58 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times

Advertisements

MOP project was initiated in 2003 after analysis of Iraqi targets revealed poor performance of existing bunker busters, so it is hard to believe the development of it was tied directly to Iran.

As MathGuy alluded to, Pentagon officials suddenly talking it up is a more likely relation to Iran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 12:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, unfortunetely so. We need Ron Paul to put an end to this military madness.
I see that you fear Iran will lose all that hard work they have done because of this military advance.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you failed to hear that Iran said they would station some ships just off the coast of the US? Do you not know that they have rockets that could reach pretty deep in the US from international waters?
Have you failed to see what kind of ships their Navy has that could be stationed off the the US Coast? What type of rockets do you think those second-hand frigates carry that will reach deep into the US?

Old 11-17-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I would imagine they have something to carry it but without something like a B2 it's not going to happen but you can bet the Israelis have other plans that will be very effective.
I don't think so. Israel could probably get probably deliver ordinance over Iran with F-16s and F-15Es if they could refuel them in the air but neither of those planes is carrying a 30k lb bomb.

Unless they rolled it out the back of a C-130 that somehow didn't get shot down trying to enter Iranian airspace I can't imagine Israel has anyone of getting a bomb like this to Iran.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Pentagon Receives Massive Bunker-Busting Bombs, Denies Targeting Iran | Fox News

What do you think? Are we eventually going to destroy, or assist in destroying, Iran's WMD facilities?
Not unless we're completely stupid.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:10 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
OPEC countries are supposed to sell oil in dollars only. That's the deal. When a country like Sweden wants to buy oil from the Saudis, they need to get the $$$ from us first first. This keeps the greenbacks in demand. That's the way we tax the rest of the world. Of course we have to give them (Saudis) something in return, and we offer them military protection. I don't see why this should stop Ron Paul from pulling troops out though. We can defend the Saudis with a fraction of the troops.
We keep a big military presence around in case we need to make an example of someone. Ask Momar. Well too late now. Well see what happens when China and Russia get in cahoots. They've been playing around on the side lately. China recently agreed to give goods to Iran in exchange for oil.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Have you failed to see what kind of ships their Navy has that could be stationed off the the US Coast? What type of rockets do you think those second-hand frigates carry that will reach deep into the US?
Exactly how are they going to station their ships off our coast? We could mop up Iran's navy in one day if we wanted to.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
We didn't have this one further than one test four years ago. In fact, we only have about 10 of them ready to use now.
Yeah I was referring to this I had to dig it back up...........We sold 55 of these things to em back in '09 the gbu-28 bunker buster or "deep throat". 5K pound bomb used in the first desert storm delivered with an F-111.
"The bunker busters were a significant breakthrough. The Israelis first requested the sale in 2005, only to be rebuffed by the Bush administration. At the time, the Pentagon had frozen almost all U.S.-Israeli joint defense projects out of concern that Israel was transferring advanced military technology to China.
In 2007, Bush informed then–prime minister Ehud Olmert that he would order the bunker busters for delivery in 2009 or 2010. The Israelis wanted them in 2007. Obama finally released the weapons in 2009, according to officials familiar with the secret decision."

Obama administration 'supplied bunker-busting bombs to Israel' | World news | guardian.co.uk

Old 11-17-2011, 01:41 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I don't think so. Israel could probably get probably deliver ordinance over Iran with F-16s and F-15Es if they could refuel them in the air but neither of those planes is carrying a 30k lb bomb.

Unless they rolled it out the back of a C-130 that somehow didn't get shot down trying to enter Iranian airspace I can't imagine Israel has anyone of getting a bomb like this to Iran.
So this Bunker Buster is going to be MOAB size then?
since that is the only other bomb that I know of that needs a C-130J to drop it.

Future Weapons: MOAB - YouTube
The Moab is Badass

Old 11-17-2011, 01:51 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
Such a waste of explosives to make a 30k conventional bomb when a small tactical nuke would do the same job or better at 1/100th the weight. I don't see what the objection would be to using a small tactical nuke that makes an undergound explosion against an underground target. The point is to kill everyone underground and bury everything there for good anyway so what's the point if there is a little lingering radiation? Of course the stupid media and their liberal cohorts would hear the work nuclear and flash images of Hiroshima nonstop and the sheeple would be so offended so that's why we have to waste resources on 30k lb bombs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies