Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 09:10 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Jordan: Muslim cuts sister's throat to cleanse family honor

As the article mentions, Muslims are responsible for 91% of honor killings worldwide: Worldwide Trends in Honor Killings :: Middle East Quarterly
OK...so now what?

I mean, they do honor killings. What are we supposed to do? Complain about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 09:10 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:

As the article mentions, Muslims are responsible for 91% of honor killings worldwide: Worldwide Trends in Honor Killings :: Middle East Quarterly
Now now...religious freedom don't you know.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:13 AM

939 posts, read 1,025,160 times
Quote:

Don't they call that the religion of peace?

Old 11-22-2011, 11:13 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,670,347 times
Quote:
Since a phobia is an irrational fear of something, then no, I do not hav an irrational fear of Islam. I DO have a very real concern of what is taught and practiced in Islam since a billion people follow it. I DO think we need ot be aware of Islam's view on non-Muslims and how it teaches Muslims to interact with them. I DO think it is important to stand up for one's own culture and resist the Islamization of the West that is the goal of Islam. Islam wants to drag the world into darkness but the truth is a light that will keep the darkness at bay. I will always keep revealing the truth about Islam and Islamic practices that I see as barbaric.

You are correct that these attitudes existed in the Arabic world before Islam and, at that time, it was only cultural. However, Mohammad was an Arab and his actions codified it into Islam forever. He is considered the perfect example to be emulated in all aspects so anything he did is gold for all time.
You also can't blame this on culture because you don't see this sort of activity from Christian Arabs. If it was only cultural you would expect it to be evenly distributed among all Arabs and it is not.

Intelligent summary of this discussion, thank you for the post. You verbalized it better than I can. Mohammad was the orginal terriorist from everything I have read about him but then he had a rich wife to live off so what the heck.

They have brought their "honor" killing to our homeland which is very troubling. At best, I think we will only be able to do is keep the problem contained as anyone who participates in such hate is a danger to themselves and society. If a mother loves her children, how could she ever raise them like that!

Old 11-22-2011, 11:36 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
all in the name of muhammad.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:41 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Default This is why...

Quote:

...I have a hard time understanding why so-called "western civilization" is enthralled with another one of the three middle eastern religions. They're all a lot more alike than they are different.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:49 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Aren't you glad you live in America?

Casey Anthony - YouTube

We don't have crazy people that murder their kids here, never.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:01 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
OK...so now what?

I mean, they do honor killings. What are we supposed to do? Complain about it?
We can call/email our congressmen and make sure they know we do not want our tax dollars and foreign aid going to these countries that have provisions in their law that allow exceptions for murder when it is a parent killing a child. A two year sentence (when they even get a conviction) is not enough for murdering a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
...I have a hard time understanding why so-called "western civilization" is enthralled with another one of the three middle eastern religions. They're all a lot more alike than they are different.
Spoken like one who probably have never studied even one of hte religions so he naturally lumps them all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

At least we prosecute the people who do it. Too bad sometimes we have stupid jurers who can be manipulated and some murderers like Casey Anthony get off. Still, our society thoroughly condemns people like her and she will be a pariah for the rest of her life. In the Middle East people who commit honor killings are celebrated by their communities.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:02 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Casey Anthony - YouTube

Is this another lib, giving in to his knee jerk response, to defend and deflect for any and all Muslims, even when they murder innocent people?

Old 11-22-2011, 07:44 PM

43,668 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It is new, and it is newsworthy, since Muslims make up about a billion people in the world.

Meanwhile the liberals in this country say we are supposed to fear Christian bible thumpers, who very, very rarely resort to violence, and they never feel obliged to kill people to appease God or Jesus, and their Christian leaders never call on them to kill people in the name of Christ.
It is not unusual thing in Middle Eastern Muslim societies. It is the same as reporting the murder/killing of anyone in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies