Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 08:01 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Nah I'm not the one who is confused.
If you have ever talked to a trans person, you'll find that most of them are quite sure of what their gender identity is. In fact, they tend to be more aware of it than non-trans (cisgender) people because society reminds them of it constantly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 09:42 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
If you have ever talked to a trans person, you'll find that most of them are quite sure of what their gender identity is. In fact, they tend to be more aware of it than non-trans (cisgender) people because society reminds them of it constantly.
No doubt they are sure of it.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:30 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
She is transgender, not a cross-dresser.
He is a pre operation minor who is two years away from being able to legal consent to the surgery.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:41 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
Out of curiosity, how many of the people throwing a fit over a person in the "wrong bathroom" would also be horrified if a man went into a woman's restroom with a disabled female? Many bathrooms have signs allowing an attendant of the opposite gender to go into that bathroom, complete with a picture. How is that different than a person identifying as female in a bathroom?
My mother is disabled and my father is her primary caregiver. If in a public place (restaurant most often) he will ask the waitress to go in the lavatory to make sure there is no one else present, or to warn anyone. He then brings my mom in.

As mature, legal adults in a wheelchair necessitated situation, they have no choice unless the establishment has a unisex HC bathroom -- which is becoming more common.

Dionne is a minor whose school has made the best possible compromise to provide him with facilities which will keep him safe from other students -- both male and female -- as well as assuring the underage female students that they will not have to worry about an individual who is physically a male, invading their space.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
No doubt they are sure of it.
Hence why your claim that they are "confused" makes no sense.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:16 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
What bathroom do intersex individuals use?

It's amazing how big a deal American conservatives make over gender issues. I'm guessing most of you avoid the rest of the 1st world, where co-ed saunas, bathrooms, nude beaches, etc. are the norm and no one bats an eye.

Heaven forbid you dare step into a Spa in Germany. There will be naked men and women in the same small room together! The Horror!!!!

The rest of the world doesn't have American man-hating feminists and their lawyers to deal with.

Think the PC feminists who chase male athletes into their locker rooms and then complain their rights are violated believe we should all be naked together in the sauna?

Take it up with Gloria Allred and whatever "victim" she is representing this week.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:50 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Both sexes use the bathroom in my house and most small businesses that only have one. I think the bigger question is why we have group bathrooms anyway, is it just a matter of cost?

Old 11-21-2011, 05:28 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Nah I'm not the one who is confused.
Yes, you are confused about transgender people.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:21 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Yes, you are confused about transgender people.
Nope I see things just as they are.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Nope I see things just as they are.
You're not trans yourself but somehow you seem to know more about what it's like to be trans than trans people themselves. Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies