Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 05:30 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I love how democrats take this to be proof that the republicans are more corrupt, and the republicans do the same when a democrat humiliates him/herself. There is plenty of corruption, sleaze, perversion etc. on both sides. This should be a sad day for all of the government since it reinforces a lot of the views of politicians. The fact that one side thinks it's great shows how divided things are and how they miss the big picture by focusing on partisanship.
I would agree with you on political corruption and graft roger, but on sexual deviance scandals? uh, uh. Republicans win hands down. Not even close.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:30 PM

277 posts, read 373,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
These types have been infiltrating the Republican Party for some time and it's time they clean house. If he had been a Democrat the Democrats would be cheering him on as witnessed in the past.

His actions were not the actions of a conservative but they were definitely the actions of a liberal. It is a liberal view that believe sex with anyone and any place is appropriate.
If he was a democrat, he would have been out to start to with. Social conservatives are just so sexually repressed it is not even funny. You never hear about this in the democrat party. People are a little more honest in that party if they bat for the other team.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
no Craig is now a pariah for the GOP & so much for that "Big Tent" party philosphy. Anyways it is Idaho and another Puke will replace him so no harm done.

It's not pivotal like Foley's scandal in a swing state like Florida was in "06.
Foley got humilated in Florida! What a joke that freak was!

Old 08-28-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
What we need is people that follow republicans posing as conservatives and out them every chance we get.
You may be busy then. How sexually repressed members from that party are through their life, the list may be long and tiring to deal with.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
^ citigirl believe it or not there are gay conservatives however they are rejected simply based on their sexual orientation.
Shush, stop talking logic like that. How dare you speak the logic that is known as the Log Cabin Republicans! Damn you! Our agenda has been exposed. Now aren't you happy about that. LOL

Sorry, I just could not resist, sorry.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:36 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I would agree with you on political corruption and graft roger, but on sexual deviance scandals? uh, uh. Republicans win hands down. Not even close.
That may be so; I don't know. You may be able to find that one party tends to have more offenses of one type than another. I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy regardless of the subject.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnehahapolitan View Post
It cost Haggard a few hundred, I think. And I believe the new mantra was to pull HIM up by HIS bootstraps.
Nasty. You know that this is a PG-13 forum, right? LOL

Old 08-28-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I am well aware of the Log Cabin Republicans. The slogan that used to be on their web site was "To Further The Gay Agenda"
Oh, there you go! Our agenda has been exposed. Thank the good Lord for people like you. Who would have ever guessed that gays wanted to make social, anti-gay conservatives see their way. Wow, and to think, most gay couples are pouring with money. Too bad that is lost on rich conservatives......

Old 08-28-2007, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
well let me tell you, as a gay man here in boise, Senator Craig is no stranger to the gay community here, in fact there's been rumours for years of people that have done things with this man, or seen him cruising the park when he is here. First off I never voted for this jerk, nor will I EVER vote for him. Like what has been said, this is not a matter of party's because they BOTH banter back and forth about trivial things that distract us all from the real issues. He is another shining example of being what you hate. These men along with many religious figures all band together behind their FAKE family lives to lead intolerance of gay and lesbians on a national setting, Then to slap us further in the face they solicite us for sex behind closed doors after a busy day at the office. Its just sickening.. if you think gays and lesbians are what's wrong with this country, take a good hard look at where you are getting your information. I don't claim to be christian or perfect, but I am pretty liberal, you may not agree with what I stand for, but you know I practice what I preach.. these people do not! a hypocrite is one thing, but a liar on top of it... is not ANYONE who should be representing the people of idaho OR ANYONE. I can not even begin to tell you how frustrating it is for us in the gay community... but.. the bible says I'm a sinner, does this mean that I should not have rights? the bible I've read speaks of free agency and allowing people to live their lives and be judged by GOD not some crack snorting pastor who likes ding dongs in bum...or any of you for that matter.
If the gay sin is so gastly... I really wonder why we don't take civil liberties away from people who commit adultery, and lie, and don't honour their mother and father.... whether you throw political stones or actual stones.. in bible terms you are the men at the well who want to stone the *****.. and guess who saved her? your one and only.. and guess who was wrong? YOU...
and you wonder why us gay people feel so angered and misrepresented? we all were born to straight parents.. so we are a product of this society.. and how would you feel if we just swept your civil liberties under a rug.. and told you to quiet down and go away? I guess its not important because it has nothing to do with u right?? go ahead and re-elect this man... and I hope your son turns out gay... maybe that is the kind of wake up call you people need.

lets all go to church now and praise god...
*pukes*

Hey Boise....... There are gays in Boise! Holy $#!%

Well, anyway, I heard this story on my drive home on Phillips Phile. How funny, a show that classifies themselves as independent was throwing crap at him.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:45 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
citigirl, you are partly right but where you get your information seems to be from some article you read rather than first hand experience. I would challenge you to actually have a gay friend or two to know what is really the issue. These websites and lists of places to have sex are NOT widely accepted by the gay community. In fact, closeted homosexuals are the ones that this is for, the ones that have wives and girl friends but are too closeted to come out and live who they really are. So to say that they are foul and disgusting is true, but those of us that live our lives openely do so because we are better than that, and deserve better than that. and YOUR christian moral society is what causes these men to think that these seedy locations and actions are ok.
If I told you you cannot hang out with your b/f you would probably sneak out of your room at night to meet up with him. This is what these men are doing. Its wrong, but now see why it happens???? Gay activists who are searching for civil rights in this country are NOT these men, they have families and live openly with partners and children. You need to make sure you understand the issue before you start labeling ALL homosexuals as sexual misfits.
thanks

here's an example.. I'm open about who I am and I go to a bar to actually meet someone to date, your closeted husband or b/f hits on me at this bar and wants to have sex.. a date happens or even sex happens then he's out the door with no explanation or recognition of being married to you and he's and back at home with YOU.. and now I'm the piece of crap homosexual that has sexual issues?
You got it all wrong girlfriend!
Sorry but I worked with way to many gays in California to buy that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies