Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 06:40 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,877,924 times

Advertisements

Is this matter so important to overshadow all that is happening right now in Washington? Basically, we have a brain-dead President planning to blow up the world, a democratic congress that is asleep, an economy that seems to be weakening, you know the rest.
Do we really need to know about someones' sex life in a mens' restroom?
Yes, its an important story but the republican/democrat split has gotten so great isn't it time for someone to just call a truce while we can focus on the bigger issues out there?
The news media is going too far in making news entertainment sensationalism and not just the news. The focus on this stupid presidential campaign and listening to all of the candidates saying what their constiguents want to hear.
We all now the reality that big business runs this country and they have already sold us down the river and the American people are just too dumb to realize it.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:46 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,464,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
Is this matter so important to overshadow all that is happening right now in Washington? Basically, we have a brain-dead President planning to blow up the world, a democratic congress that is asleep, an economy that seems to be weakening, you know the rest.
Do we really need to know about someones' sex life in a mens' restroom?
Yes, its an important story but the republican/democrat split has gotten so great isn't it time for someone to just call a truce while we can focus on the bigger issues out there?
The news media is going too far in making news entertainment sensationalism and not just the news. The focus on this stupid presidential campaign and listening to all of the candidates saying what their constiguents want to hear.
We all now the reality that big business runs this country and they have already sold us down the river and the American people are just too dumb to realize it.
I believe this is a very important issue. The Republican Party needs to clean house and I hope there is surveillance on all Republican politicians to out the deviants among them. They cannot say they are the party of family values and engage in activities like this. It is pure fraud on the voters.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:52 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,821,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I believe this is a very important issue. The Republican Party needs to clean house and I hope there is surveillance on all Republican politicians to out the deviants among them. They cannot say they are the party of family values and engage in activities like this. It is pure fraud on the voters.
This is one of those post I have to agree with you one citigirl, you hit the nail on the head. The whole story makes me sick but worse it happens to be a civil service and one that professes the family values along with the other republicans in Washington and elsewhere. However cleaning house in Washington requires action on both parties for their failures to honor the American voters and the constitution.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:25 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,910,392 times
Quote:
Sorry but I worked with way to many gays in California to buy that one.

citi, there are places where straight people meet up for sex too, so because you're straight you attend these "meetings"? give me a break.. you're a piece of work... you missed the whole point.. because you're so quick to defend and put down... conversing with you is not productive because you aren't here to share, just condemn and judge... remind me never to go to california ever again... *pukes*

Old 08-28-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
citi, there are places where straight people meet up for sex too, so because you're straight you attend these "meetings"? give me a break.. you're a piece of work... you missed the whole point.. because you're so quick to defend and put down... conversing with you is not productive because you aren't here to share, just condemn and judge... remind me never to go to california ever again... *pukes*

It is not a common problem for straight people to meet in public bathrooms and childrens parks. I have seen many reports for busts of gay trists in these locations. If you had a young son you cannot possibly risk sending them into a public bathroom now days. Why would you want to defend such actions?

Old 08-28-2007, 09:21 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,547,510 times
The problem isn't that Senator Craig is some threat to our children or society. If he would of tried this on anyone besides an Airport copper, they would of beat the hell out of him and walked away. It isn't anymore deviant than a straight man doing the same to a woman, probably less so. The problem is that this guy is so far in the closet that he displaces the anger at himself on the rest of us. That sort of irrationality and hypocrisy should preclude service in the United States senate.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnehahapolitan View Post
The problem isn't that Senator Craig is some threat to our children or society. If he would of tried this on anyone besides an Airport copper, they would of beat the hell out of him and walked away. It isn't anymore deviant than a straight man doing the same to a woman, probably less so. The problem is that this guy is so far in the closet that he displaces the anger at himself on the rest of us. That sort of irrationality and hypocrisy should preclude service in the United States senate.

Agreed. Everyone uses public bathrooms and should not have to be subjected to people having sex or being solicated.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:11 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,910,392 times
Quote:
It is not a common problem for straight people to meet in public bathrooms and childrens parks. I have seen many reports for busts of gay trists in these locations. If you had a young son you cannot possibly risk sending them into a public bathroom now days. Why would you want to defend such actions?
I'm not defending such actions, you're deflecting the point now to pedophilia, these people are sick, and they may be homosexuals, but straight men prey on young girls as well and that is also pedophilia. to say that ALL homosexuals are playground cruising, bathroom stall wandering sexual deviants is irresponsible. You should know better....shame on you....
its always easy to say.. "those people" but the reality here is.. yes senator craig is a nasty perv and all the things you say, but all these years he was probably someone who would have been your kid's cub scout leader or fellow church going friend. this man was NOT a gay bar attending drag queen clothes wearing flamboyant (the people you choose to demonize) People make mistakes, and this man's mistake should not tarnish his life, but it should tarnish his life as a senator and all his fellow right wing hypocrite buddies who support him... watch what you say when labeling people because there might come a day when you get labelled... and nobody is open minded enough to hear you out.
I can go to a gay bar or party and I know who is sleazy and who to watch out for because gay people for the most part are honest and open about what they do sexually, the problem is the ones that tout YOUR beliefs then turn around and do filthy things... they are not part of the gay community they are part of YOUR community.. then you turn around and accuse the gay community for all this.... we can never win with people like you... because once someone makes a mistake you jump to label them into a group and demonize the group rather than the man himself and the community he actually comes from.. (your right wing community)

Old 08-28-2007, 10:53 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,418,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnehahapolitan View Post
Deviant behavior for hetero behavior? Hetero behavior is in the bible as being the way to procreate etc. It is set forth by society to be the norm. Unlike Homeo behavior.
Oh and he is a threat to our children who idolize him. BTW that airport bathroom is a known place for homeo men to make a contact there is also one in Washington.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:36 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,496,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
ILiberals....well, in my memory they usually embrace the idiots.
First of all, I object to the term "idiot" just because someone is different than you. It is equally possible that you are an "idiot" to them.

Second of all, there is a vast difference between "embracing" and tolerance. Liberals tend to tolerate people who are different than them, as long as they are causing no harm. Conservatives tend to fear people who are different than them, and try to force them to "conform".

There is another major difference -- liberals understand what I just wrote; conservatives will never fully understand it -- or else they would be liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.