Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 10:25 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

They just can't stick with the facts and tell the whole story. They are driven to find ways to make Trump look bad and their editors are good at doing that.
-------------------------
Left-wing CNN has been caught red-handed selectively-editing a Donald Trump quote as a means to make the president look foolish during his overseas trip to Japan.

In its second piece of very fake news launched against Trump Monday morning (here is the first), CNN’s snarky and dishonest headline reads, “Trump asks Japan to build cars in the U.S. It already does.” In order to justify its misleading headline, CNN lies through omission by deliberately publishing only part of Trump’s statement during a meeting with Japanese automakers on Monday:

“Try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That’s not rude. Is that rude? I don’t think so,” is the only part of what Trump said that CNN bothers to quote.

CNN then points and laughs at Trump’s ignorance with this deceptive fact check: “Japanese automakers, however, already have huge factories in the U.S. that churn out millions of cars each year.”

But in order to mock the president, the fake news factory that is CNN misleads its readers by not quoting Trump in full, a quote which very clearly shows the president is not only fully aware of that fact that Japanese automakers make cars in America, but that he is grateful to them for doing so:

And we love it when you build cars — if you’re a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That’s not rude. Is that rude? I don’t think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That’s big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They’re going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States. Thank you very much. Appreciate it. (Applause.)

Very Fake News: CNN Selectively Edits Trump Quote on Japanese Auto Production In U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 10:27 AM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
NOBODY has to build a case of " foolishness" for the present admin---- they have center stage

Old 11-06-2017, 10:27 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
LMAO, are you that blind? You need to read what he said again. What CNN quoted was exactly what the imbecile said.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:29 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Trump and Abe fed some goldfish and the MSM even spun that one out of control. WTF is wrong with these people?

https://pjmedia.com/trending/trumps-...e-press-corps/

The MSM makes it too easy to disrespect them and label everything fake news.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
They just can't stick with the facts and tell the whole story. They are driven to find ways to make Trump look bad and their editors are good at doing that.
Left-wing CNN has been caught red-handed selectively-editing a Donald Trump quote as a means to make the president look foolish during his overseas trip to Japan.

In its second piece of very fake news launched against Trump Monday morning (here is the first), CNN’s snarky and dishonest headline reads, “Trump asks Japan to build cars in the U.S. It already does.” In order to justify its misleading headline, CNN lies through omission by deliberately publishing only part of Trump’s statement during a meeting with Japanese automakers on Monday:

“Try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That’s not rude. Is that rude? I don’t think so,” is the only part of what Trump said that CNN bothers to quote.

CNN then points and laughs at Trump’s ignorance with this deceptive fact check: “Japanese automakers, however, already have huge factories in the U.S. that churn out millions of cars each year.”

But in order to mock the president, the fake news factory that is CNN misleads its readers by not quoting Trump in full, a quote which very clearly shows the president is not only fully aware of that fact that Japanese automakers make cars in America, but that he is grateful to them for doing so:

And we love it when you build cars — if you’re a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That’s not rude. Is that rude? I don’t think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That’s big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They’re going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States. Thank you very much. Appreciate it. (Applause.)

Very Fake News: CNN Selectively Edits Trump Quote on Japanese Auto Production In U.S.
Based on what you wrote, the CNN claim is accurate. You should not think it is misleading just because Breitbart says so.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:32 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
I haven't turned on the TV today so I haven't been able to watch the news about this and hear it for myself.

But reading the two transcripts above, I'm actually not getting where Trump realizes their cars are built in America.

But maybe I need to hear it in more of the overall context.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:34 AM

25,570 posts, read 17,281,298 times
CNN is the Republicans best friend. They fool no one.

Without CNN and their obvious bias The Democrats may have won the presidency. But people are smarter than the press seems to believe.

Now they have been busted for trying to create a fake Trump blunder concerning feeding fish. Their anchors are biased trash who have no connection with decent reporting.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:35 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Trump and Abe fed some goldfish and the MSM even spun that one out of control. WTF is wrong with these people?

https://pjmedia.com/trending/trumps-...e-press-corps/

The MSM makes it too easy to disrespect them and label everything fake news.
wow. TDS runs rampant.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...417216/video/1

Old 11-06-2017, 10:38 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post

This is why the people are turning out on CNN. No real news. just propaganda out of context FAKE NEWS. They have to make up stuff and slant it and regurgitate it and vomit all over the tv with the same ole sick stuff. The left it up like a dog returns to its vomit.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:38 AM

1,323 posts, read 588,517 times
The full quote is even worse. Mish-mash, jibber-jabber, word salad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies