Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 11:09 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

by cancelling lease auction for oil shale drilling.

Obama USDA delays shale drilling, up to 200k jobs | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/obama-usda-delays-shale-drilling-200k-jobs - broken link)

Quote:
President Obama's United States Department of Agriculture has delayed shale gas drilling in Ohio for up to six months by cancelling a mineral lease auction for Wayne National Forest (WNF). The move was taken in deference to environmentalists, on the pretext of studying the effects of hydraulic fracturing.
Quote:
"The President’s plan is to simply say ‘no’ to new energy production," House Natural Resources Committee chairman Doc Hastings, R-Wash, said to Interior Secretary Ken Salazar during a hearing pertaining to hydraulic fracturing. "It’s a plan that is sending American jobs overseas, forfeiting new revenue, and denying access to American energy that would lessen our dependence on hostile Middle Eastern oil."
If I'm not mistaken, permits would still have to be issued so why cancel the auction all together? Doesn't this also decrease federal revenue collection (via lease auction/fees) at a time the federal government needs it most?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 11:11 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
It's part of the plan. Obama has no intentions on getting us off of ME oil. He wants our money to go to them.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:13 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
The Presidential Internship is over in less than a year.

The Intern will not be offered a position with the country due to total and complete incompetence.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:16 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Couple this with the oil moratorium, and the stalling of the keystone pipeline and the track record is there. His priority is not jobs and energy.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Couple this with the oil moratorium, and the stalling of the keystone pipeline and the track record is there. His priority is not jobs and energy.
I learned the hard way that the Keystone pipeline is not liked very well by people in western Nebraska and Kansas. Why? Well the Ogallala Aquifer is their main, if not only, source of ground water and it is getting shorter and shorter caused by irrigation. The ground where the pipeline was proposed to go in Nebraska is very sandy and loose and I see why the people there fear what would happen from a severe leak. I know bit about that country having lived there and farmed a few years there. They really don't want to take a chance on losing their most important source of water. Cities, towns and farmers all depend on the aquifer for their water.

I believe that the pipeline will be constructed but a bit further east from where it was originally planned.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why thank you DRobJC;
you can fool some of the people some of the time, but those that have half a brain, can't and won't be fooled by this administration, and their true intentions.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I learned the hard way that the Keystone pipeline is not liked very well by people in western Nebraska and Kansas. Why? Well the Ogallala Aquifer is their main, if not only, source of ground water and it is getting shorter and shorter caused by irrigation. The ground where the pipeline was proposed to go in Nebraska is very sandy and loose and I see why the people there fear what would happen from a severe leak. I know bit about that country having lived there and farmed a few years there. They really don't want to take a chance on losing their most important source of water. Cities, towns and farmers all depend on the aquifer for their water.

I believe that the pipeline will be constructed but a bit further east from where it was originally planned.
Correctamundo. This has been explained ad nauseum all week. Don't know what's so hard to understand about this.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
by cancelling lease auction for oil shale drilling.

Obama USDA delays shale drilling, up to 200k jobs | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/obama-usda-delays-shale-drilling-200k-jobs - broken link)

If I'm not mistaken, permits would still have to be issued so why cancel the auction all together? Doesn't this also decrease federal revenue collection (via lease auction/fees) at a time the federal government needs it most?
Let's not get into hyperbole. Why not assume that the delay MIGHT BE legitimate instead of assuming that everytime this happens, there is something evil going on in the Obama administration? Geez....

Old 11-18-2011, 02:39 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,095,938 times
It's an up to six month delay. Geesh!

Old 11-18-2011, 03:15 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
It's an up to six month delay. Geesh!
Already been delayed with re-reviews. Its not that KS and NE dont have plenty of pipelines already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies