Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 12:36 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
"Obama is WEAK!!! OMG WHY IS HE 'INVADING' LIBYA!"
Amazing, it is as if they cannot make up their minds and just blow with the wind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 12:37 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
There's no limit to how low they will sink when the POTUS isn't from their party. If a non right-winger said something like that while a Republican was POTUS, they'd be screaming, "TREASONOUS! OMG! TREASONOUS!"; "Why don't you leave America if you hate it SO MUCH!!?"

I hope they really don't think they're fooling anybody with these puerile tactics... because they aren't.
Oh this isn't about Party. Party means nothing to me. This is about ideology. Barack Obama's view of America is not in line with American's view of America, including mine. If it were, he'd have a positive approval rating. And i'd give him more support if I felt he represented at least a fraction of what i'd like to see in America. But he doesn't. So I don't.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Oh this isn't about Party. Party means nothing to me. This is about ideology. Barack Obama's view of America is not in line with American's view of America, including mine. If it were, he'd have a positive approval rating. And i'd give him more support if I felt he represented at least a fraction of what i'd like to see in America. But he doesn't. So I don't.
So, for YOU, it does not matter if what he does is right or wrong, but only if the majority Approve of it, yeah gotta ya

Old 11-18-2011, 12:41 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,348,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbous Moon View Post

Well, as we all know, what we really need is a President who peers into Putin's soul and decides the ex-KGB agent is a trustworthy guy...

"I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul."

Bush, 2001

Press Conference by President Bush and Russian Federation President Putin

The son of a former CIA Chief who while President shared with us [9-11-90]
his "New World Order" vision his had already shared with Gorbachev

George Bush Presidential Library and Museum :: Public Papers - 1990 - September

KGB, Bush & 9-11

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So, for YOU, it does not matter if what he does is right or wrong, but only if the majority Approve of it, yeah gotta ya
That's your intepretation of my comments. That doesn't mean you're right.

400 posts, read 294,104 times
Quote:
There's no limit to how low they will sink when the POTUS isn't from their party. If a non right-winger said something like that while a Republican was POTUS, they'd be screaming, "TREASONOUS! OMG! TREASONOUS!"; "Why don't you leave America if you hate it SO MUCH!!?"

I hope they really don't think they're fooling anybody with these puerile tactics... because they aren't.
Just imagine the hysteria if the Obama Administration ever sent a letter to China apologizing for having an aircraft in international airspace rammed by a Chinese MiG, then thanked China for the way they treated the interned crew.

Quote:
Both President Bush and Secretary of State Powell have expressed their sincere regret over your missing pilot and aircraft.

Please convey to the Chinese people and to the family of pilot Wang Wei that we are very sorry for their loss.
Quote:
We are very sorry the entering of China's airspace and the landing did not have verbal clearance, but very pleased the crew landed safely. We appreciate China's efforts to see to the well-being of our crew.
US apology letter to China | World news | guardian.co.uk

Old 11-18-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post

YOUR KGB hero?

KGB Tsar

Vladimir Putin was given an exact copy of Russia's holy Tsarist crown on His 50th birthday.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
That's your intepretation of my comments. That doesn't mean you're right.
Well, I went back to your post and reread it, funny thing, it still says the same thing

Old 11-18-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post

Russia just trying not to be seen as impotent.

Sun Tzu says when strong, feign weakness.

Like the delays at Bushehr, it *seems* Russia is still working on their navy base in Syria.

PressTV - 'Bushehr plant symbol of Iran-Russia ties'

Old 11-18-2011, 01:12 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
It's actually the opposite. Russia sends its fleet because they know that Obama will not counter-respond with a fleet our own. Obama simply does not have the balls to take on Russia in any way, shape, or form if it has any inclination whatsoever to take action against Iran. Without Russian support, there is no action against Iran. Period.

Syria is but a sideshow. Russia knows that. This gives Russia additional leverage on Iran. And Obama knows that.
A land war with Iran would make Iraq look like the invasion of Grenada. But I'm sure as soon as we had boots on the ground you'd be screaming about Obama dragging us into the war you cheered for.

The Russians have probably had it with us mucking around in their back yard, but they also don't have the means to take any real action. This is just about the only way they can send a message to both us and Iran. As said before, the Turk's are the real power player here. Whether it's us, Israel, NATO, whomever... Nothing is going to happen without Turkish support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies