Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2011, 08:19 AM

683 posts, read 824,773 times

Advertisements

http://www.oldamericancentury.org/ga...SAFE_STATE.jpg

http://www.oldamericancentury.org/store/images/fasc_notus_prima.jpg (broken link)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 08:19 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,979,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I can't believe how many of you are in favor of what the police did because they were blocking a walkway. The reaction was extreme. It was a peaceful protest not a riot. So I guess if you see a sign saying "keep off the grass" and you walk on it you are breaking the law. And if the police tell you to get off and you don't then they can just pepper spray you. I guess some don't find fault with this either. So I guess I better stop jaywalking too I think we have some overzealous cops here.
You're right about that and all of that

Old 11-23-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Uh, jaywalking is a crime. I'm not sure if there are laws about staying off the grass when there's a sign saying keep off the grass.

Regardless, your opinion of the law's usefulness (or pettiness) is irrelevant. It is a law, and it can be enforced.

Police have use of force policies - when you refuse to comply with verbal commands by the police, you have now required that the police resort to force in order to do their job. What force they use and when is dependent on use of force policies.

These protesters got exactly what they wanted - they interlocked arms because they knew they were breaking the law, and they knew the police would try to enforce the law.
No, I don't think the protestors wanted it, the police have a brain also, it's not like we were at war or these protestors were a threat or bunch of dogs.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:28 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,640 times
don't break the law.....................protest all you want without effecting others.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:29 AM

683 posts, read 824,773 times
Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.
Benito Mussolini
[LEFT]
Read more: Benito Mussolini Quotes - BrainyQuote
[/LEFT]

All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.
Benito Mussolini [LEFT]
Read more: Benito Mussolini Quotes - BrainyQuote

[/LEFT]

Old 11-23-2011, 08:29 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
For some of you this is sad, for other blood thirsty savages this is probably awesome as hell!

Enjoy either way!

Police pepper spraying and arresting students at UC Davis - YouTube
Think they needed Lysol.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:32 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
don't break the law.....................protest all you want without effecting others.

What law did they break?

There is no law about sitting along a side walk on public land.

Thats why all the charges were dropped, because no one broke the law on the protestor side of the line.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My opinion is that pepper spaying a group of people that didn't move when told is not the same as someone who has committed a violent crime and needed to be stopped. And yes that is my personal mindset as yours seems to want to go to war.
They could care less, if the police shot them all in the leg rather than use the pepper spray it would be alright with these people and they'd sleep well that night as long as its the law.....for a non criminal offense

Old 11-23-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Obama declared war a long time ago. It took a while for him to organize and mobilize his Leftist army, the OWS. This is class-warfare.
Oh brother..sos

Old 11-23-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They weren't bored. They were pretty excited, showing up in riot gear and everything. Ooooh, lookie here, we got ourselves students camping out on the quad, thinking they are some big-time protesters. And we are going to show them. They don't get to protest on OUR campus, we're the authority here, we'll show them, yessiree, who's boss around here. I think that attitude was pretty well expressed by a campus police officer striding up and down a line of students sitting and kneeling in front of him, as he sprayed a chemical compound on them, point-blank, wrangling with several students who tried to avoid getting sprayed in the face, double-dosing some of them. Yessiree, he showed them who was boss.
Yessiree its those frames of minds that are ruling this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies