Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 04:13 PM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its been a very well known fact. Even families like the Vanderbilts, with vast sums of money, have spent it all.

www.wealthcounsel.com/Consumers_VoorheesArticle.aspx
I was sorta hoping for some data sets, rather than a sales spiel from an estate planner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 06:01 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I was sorta hoping for some data sets, rather than a sales spiel from an estate planner.

Anderson Cooper seems to be doing pretty well. I am sure his name and connections did not help at all. His mother was a trust fund baby (Gloria Vanderbilt). I have no idea as to whether he was as well.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:02 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
It's pointless to argue. These people simply want one thing and one thing only: they want what others have.
It's like Penis Envy only different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I can't speak for all liberals. I have worked very hard to get where I am, and I could quit today and live more comfortably than most, but I love my job so why quit. I started from nothing.
You just demolished your entire thesis.

And it contradicts your statements here...

Quote:
Don't make this personal. i neither want or need anything that you have. Starting off at the same point breeds fair competition. The wealthy do not have to have all of their money taxed by the govt. they could leave it to a charity. The result would be the same. Their child would have to compete on the same level as everyone else. Fair competition breeds real winners.
...and here...

Quote:
I would agree if inheritance was taxed at 100%. Not everyone starts at the same place so it is not equal opportunity.
You claim you started from nothing, yet you weren't harmed by anything you're squealing about.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:06 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It's like Penis Envy only different.

You just demolished your entire thesis.

And it contradicts your statements here...

...and here...

You claim you started from nothing, yet you weren't harmed by anything you're squealing about.
If only everyone was like me it would be a wonderful place indeed, boring, but wonderful. My situation at best is only anecdotal evidence. However, I am not arrogant enough to believe that everything that I have was the result of only things that I have done. I have had help and have been very lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies