Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 06:17 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,777,858 times

Advertisements

"I want room service."

Quote:
Hell no, we won’t go — unless we get goose down pillows.

A key Occupy Wall Street leader and another protester who leads a double life as a businessman ditched fetid tents and church basements for rooms at a luxurious hotel that promises guests can “unleash [their] inner Gordon Gekko,” The Post has learned.

The $700-per-night W Hotel Downtown last week hosted both Peter Dutro, one of a select few OWS members on the powerful finance committee, and Brad Spitzer, a California-based analyst who not only secretly took part in protests during a week-long business trip but offered shelter to protesters in his swanky platinum-card room.

Read more: Golden tents for some Occupiers - NYPOST.com

The guy put the room on his credit card and I bet he submits it for reimbursement. Compliments of Deloitte??? He doesn't like tents, but he may have to get used to living in one if he doesn't have a job when he gets back to Cali. What an idiot to make it public for his employer to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 07:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times
What an article. Those protesters are getting duped so bad.
All the key players, the ones running the committees are staying in swank hundreds of dollars per night hotels downtown.

The 1% really is running the show for the other 99%.
I wonder if OWS will have an accounting of that $500K they deposited.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:10 AM

67 posts, read 74,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
All the key players, the ones running the committees are staying in swank hundreds of dollars per night hotels downtown.

It IS ridiculous, isn't it?

Old 11-20-2011, 08:06 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,208,220 times
View this Jon Stewart segment interview of Occupy'ers

The PJ Tatler » Daily Show Report: Zuccotti Occupiers Had Their Own Ghetto and Were Segregated by Class

Quote:
It looks like the occupiers have lost Jon Stewart. That’s like losing Cronkite during Vietnam.
More class distinction. Honestly, who didn't see this coming on #OccupyDayOne ?

Old 11-20-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

To be fair, they didn't pay for it!!! Some idiot did.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:43 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,921,017 times
Oh my.

He brought the filthy masses ciggies and food at the church basement they were staying at.

What a guy...what a hypocrite.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:57 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,118,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh my.

He brought the filthy masses ciggies and food at the church basement they were staying at.

What a guy...what a hypocrite.
Sounds like a dictator..Leaders claim they are for a good cause, And outside the burnished gold castle walls, The people starve and fight for scraps. Sounds familiar don't it?

They rant about big business, Fight with cops, Disrupt working Americans, And their leaders are resting in a suite in a swanky hotel and thier "people" are in a filthy tent. This movement is done, It's all rubbish.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:07 AM

Remember the saying: Lead by example.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:17 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Sounds like a dictator..Leaders claim they are for a good cause, And outside the burnished gold castle walls, The people starve and fight for scraps. Sounds familiar don't it?

They rant about big business, Fight with cops, Disrupt working Americans, And their leaders are resting in a suite in a swanky hotel and thier "people" are in a filthy tent. This movement is done, It's all rubbish.
First image that came to my mind reading your post:

Nancy Pelosi tossing crumbs to the filthy, groveling masses from the balcony of her luxurious hotel suite (paid for by her notinsidertrading stock profits) while smiling that creepy Witch smile of hers and proclaiming, "God Bless You."

Old 11-20-2011, 12:37 PM

30,239 posts, read 23,709,577 times
Default OWS Protestors Stay At $700 A Night Hotel

Oh the hypocrisy! It's leaking all over their 6,000 count Egyptian Cotton sheets.

Golden tents for some Occupiers - NYPOST.com

"Tents are not for me,” (Brad Spitzer) confessed, when confronted in the sleek black lobby of the Washington Street hotel where sources described him as a “repeat” guest.

Spitzer, 24, an associate at financial-services giant Deloitte, which netted $29 billion in revenue last year, admitted he joined the protest at Zuccotti Park several times.

“I’m staying here for work,” said Spitzer, dressed down in a company T-shirt and holding a backpack and his suitcase. “I do finance, but I support it still.”

"Meanwhile, Dutro, 35, one of only a handful of OWS leaders in charge of the movement’s $500,000 in donations, checked in on Wednesday, the night after police emptied Zuccotti Park.

While hundreds of his rebel brethren scrambled to find shelter in church basements, Dutro chose the five-star, 58-story hotel, with its lush rooms and 350-count Egyptian cotton sheets. He lives only a short taxi ride away in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn.

“I knew everything was going to be a clusterf--k in the morning,” he told The Post, alluding to Occupy’s own disruption plans. “How would I get over the bridge when they were shutting it down?”

"He paid for the palace with his American Express card."

"
And he claims he took care of comrades in less-comfortable digs. “I took food to all those churches,” he said. “I got them cigarettes.”

LOLOLOLOLOL! How kind and thoughtful.

Yep, OWS is big business for some of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies