Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 12:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
"The Nobel prize winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change"

What a joke ... they are the ones masterminding this world scam! The AGW has been exposed for the fraud it is ...
I think they are the tools of those who want that one world government but they are very well payed tools, at that. Exposing AGW as a scam hasn't slowed them down, at all, as I see it. Also, those who really believed it all before the exposing don't seem to have backed off very far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 12:09 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
are you talking about fear mongering from the ipcc or from people like me?
Talking about the IPCC. They are the ones pushing the "if it floods, must be AGW. If it snows, it's also AGW" crap

Old 11-20-2011, 12:22 PM

19,030 posts, read 14,205,095 times
As a member of "Friends of Concrete" I must take issue with all this talk about "extreme weather" and its risk to housing.
Anyone who lives in a concrete house will tell you that the "extreme weather" risk is highly overstated.
Harrumph.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:23 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
The only thing that will be more extreme than what has already happened repeatedly both before and after the use of fossil fuels began is the extreme reporting of regularly occurring bad weather. The weather really hasn't changed much. The world population has almost doubled in the last 40 years. It only makes sense a much higher number of people would be effected by bad weather, yet the GW alarmists try to use injuries and deaths, property damage, and far better coverage and reporting of weather incidents as "evidence" that things are getting worse. Things are not getting worse, except the demented minds of the GW alarmists.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:30 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think they are the tools of those who want that one world government but they are very well payed tools, at that. Exposing AGW as a scam hasn't slowed them down, at all, as I see it. Also, those who really believed it all before the exposing don't seem to have backed off very far.
The AGW fraudsters took a huge blow at the Copenhagen global warming conference. If they got their way we would have internal and global cap and trade.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
The AGW fraudsters took a huge blow at the Copenhagen global warming conference. If they got their way we would have internal and global cap and trade.
The UN has been pushing for just that to fund their frauds for years.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I think it is weird considering that 2012 will have a giant amount of solar flares... you see carbon levels have been increasing every year... in fact, 2012 will be no different than 2011, 2010, 2013, 2014, and whatever but for some strange reason... they focus on 2012 but forget 2013, 2014, 2010, 2011, blah blah blah... Texas has been in a long drought... that IS normal... droughts happen everywhere and can happen for any amount of time... maybe they'll get some common sense.. or maybe they'll ask for money instead...
Maybe someone can expose those clowns to the long accepted effect of the part of the Pacific Ocean that seems to have so much affect on the weather of the Great Plains, that includes Texas. You know the nina and ninos things that we all know about.

It is too obvious why these people are willing to continue their charade. Believers continue to talk about how many college people are involved in the little parade but never seem to understand that those who believe as we do work at colleges that don't get any grant money from UN believers.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
The only thing that will be more extreme than what has already happened repeatedly both before and after the use of fossil fuels began is the extreme reporting of regularly occurring bad weather. The weather really hasn't changed much. The world population has almost doubled in the last 40 years. It only makes sense a much higher number of people would be effected by bad weather, yet the GW alarmists try to use injuries and deaths, property damage, and far better coverage and reporting of weather incidents as "evidence" that things are getting worse. Things are not getting worse, except the demented minds of the GW alarmists.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:53 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,223,538 times
In this "demented mind of a GW alarmist," I have a dream -- that regardless of WHY more extreme weather events occur, people PREPARE for them without the polarizing dialog that will never bridge the gap between the two camps.

Hurricanes? Tornadoes? Floods? Droughts? Ice storms? You know what the weather threats are for your area and what needs to be done to safeguard your family and your home.

I'm still trying to get my mind around angry residents in Connecticut verbally attacking linemen after that unseasonably early ice and snow storm there knocked out the power for days.

Any anger expressed should have been to the person staring back at them in the mirror, if alternative sources of heat, cooking, light, food, and water had not been secured BEFORE the storm arrived.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
In this "demented mind of a GW alarmist," I have a dream -- that regardless of WHY more extreme weather events occur, people PREPARE for them without the polarizing dialog that will never bridge the gap between the two camps.

Hurricanes? Tornadoes? Floods? Droughts? Ice storms? You know what the weather threats are for your area and what needs to be done to safeguard your family and your home.

I'm still trying to get my mind around angry residents in Connecticut verbally attacking linemen after that unseasonably early ice and snow storm there knocked out the power for days.

Any anger expressed should have been to the person staring back at them in the mirror, if alternative sources of heat, cooking, light, food, and water had not been secured BEFORE the storm arrived.
While I agree with most of what you say I must comment on the fact that the weather extremes you listed aren't really very common in your are of residence, are they? Hurricanes? Tornadoes? Floods? Droughts? Ice storms?

You are very right about getting as ready for any of those things as possible but I have lived in tornado alley all my life and have never been closer than a couple of miles to one. What happens when one hits my house? There is very little you can do other than get in the safest part of your house and hope the thing misses you.

When those people talk about extreme weather I always think about the 2007 tornado that destroyed Greensburg, Ks. It formed up about 10 miles from my home and ran 25 miles in a normal direction to get there and then did its work. The very next summer two more of those things formed within 5 miles of where that one did but did very little damage to humana

We haven't had anything like them the past 3 years so maybe the IPCC forecast is just for coming years and locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies