Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 10:41 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,681,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL I guess you missed the story of the "walk-by" shooting there not too long ago.
A shooting that was not committed by a black person.......so what is your agenda this time, sir?

Old 11-21-2011, 10:51 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,961,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Bingo. Stats are racist I guess. Also it's no coincidence New York and DC are not on the list. You will notice that the cities you listed are not big immigrant or yuppie destinations.

While NYC and DC are experiencing gentrification and attract hard working immigrants which blunt the impact of wanton black violence.

Police do deserve some of the credit but the declining rates of crime in these cities IMHO is directly linked to the reduction of Black American population in those cities.
The stats aren't racist, but some posters are. I see that you see what you WANT to see, which by the way has nothing to do with reality.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:03 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,684,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
A shooting that was not committed by a black person.......so what is your agenda this time, sir?
I could be wrong but EdwardA is black..

Old 11-21-2011, 11:06 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,681,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I'm not so sure that's true. His posts are, well, rather dubious in nature.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:14 AM

9,011 posts, read 13,855,937 times
So,if it is true,what's the soulution. Everytime I see these posts,no one offers ANY solutions.

Btw,cities with immigrants can be just as dangerous. Check out LA,where whites would rather live around blacks than Mexicans.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:14 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,961,423 times
Quote:
I SERIOUSLY doubt that, look at his posts, and not only on this thread.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:15 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,479,549 times
Quote:
Oh no don't call EdwardA black! he'll take offense to that. He's a person of African descent that was naturally born here in the United States. Apparently he has nothing to do with the "culture" of the rest of the Black Americans here in the United States. Cause you know, we are all the same, and yet he's not like us at all. The way you people post in this thread make it sound like all black people live in the Projects in the middle of the inner city. Thanks for the vote of confidence non-black America. Plus EdwardA. Its seems like every week there is a stupid, stupid, stupid race thread on the site. Maybe city-data should make another sub-forum under PO&C called "I have an unhealthy fascination with Black People because I saw something on TV." That way, we can stop sh*tting up the main PO&C forum with this useless banter and get back to the real issues like why only people on the internet want to vote for Ron Paul or why 150 reasons why I don't think liberals are Americans.

So basically you guys want people to say "black neighborhoods are more dangerous than non-black neighborhoods. Fine say it nobody cares just be specific about it. "Poor black neighbhorhoods with active gang activity are more dangerous than Gate white communities in Salt Lake City." I think that is about as accurate as you can get with that.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:17 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,469,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Maybe because I'm from Philly....but the black neighborhoods always have much higher violent crime rates than non black neighborhoods.

Does anyone know of a neighborhood that turned black and got better?

Please post data....not just hyperbole.
Philly's ghettos look worse than Palestine. No wonder you'd try to base your thread on the premise that black neighborhoods are more dangerous than non-black neighborhoods.

Ghettos in Philly look like hell on earth. I saw people living in burned out houses with boarded up windows - there's no other place in the nation that looks worse than a Philly ghetto. Philly's ghettos make L.A.'s poorer areas look like Club Med in comparison. Even South L.A. and Compton have grass and trees (that are living).

Old 11-21-2011, 11:18 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,684,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I SERIOUSLY doubt that, look at his posts, and not only on this thread.
Soooooo? He is not allowed to point out facts about his own race?

Old 11-21-2011, 11:24 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,017,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Maybe because I'm from Philly....but the black neighborhoods always have much higher violent crime rates than non black neighborhoods.

Does anyone know of a neighborhood that turned black and got better?

Please post data....not just hyperbole.
I don't necessarily disagree with you being black myself...HOWEVER my main problem has always been the fact that some of you ignore the fact that there are good black neighborhoods too, although in smaller supply.

Being that you live in Philly and that I'm FROM Philly I can tell you that there are good neighborhoods that are primarily middle class with similar crime rates to white areas and neighborhoods.

For one look at LaMott, PA which borders Cheltenham Ave next to Philadelphia and it is a very middle class black nieghborhood with low crime rates.

ALSO look at CURTIS Arboretum (SP?) in Wyncote PA (just 5 minutes outside of Philly) which is majority black and looks like any stereotypical white suburban area.

Also look at Mt. Airy which is in Philly and generally a middle class black neighboorhood with little crime.

Try disputing any of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies