Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 11:45 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,488,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Because if you say *anything* regarding race on CD, you are immediately branded a racist and usually receive a "violation" of the TOS and are repremanded. That's why.

20yrsinBranson
So what did you say that got you a violation? It should still be up or your reputation page. I know I still have mine for speak out against the Confederate flag a couple of months ago.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:46 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,032,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm not gonna sit up here and lie. I kinda agree and I am black. That's why I avoid black-majority neighborhoods and cities. It's so sad but the black community will never wake up to the detriment. Too much ignorance and brainwash by the democrats for generations. I have decided that I don't have the time nor the patience to try to wake anyone up anymore. I'm bettering myself and my life but will also try to help others in need. Not being exclusive to any race.
Bingo I feel the same way.
I moved out of a Majority Black Neighborhood a few years ago.

Sadly I do my best to avoid certain neighborhoods and cities, and when I do have to visit I have Iphone in hand and just tune everyone and everything out around me.
Some people in those neighborhoods and cities just rather blame everyone else rather then look in the mirror. Some refuse to accept THEY (THEMSELVES) are the problem.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:52 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,957,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
I am amazed at the level of ignorance or the level of political correctness that has jaded people's view of reality.

First of all, just because someone says the FACT that by and large black neighborhoods are far more dangerous than non black neighborhoods, THAT IS NOT SAYING THERE ISN'T A SUCH THING AS A GOOD BLACK NEIGHBORHOOD.

Cmon ppl you're killing me with that crap!
Every time a thread comes up that speaks on this subject (the high # of murders and violent crimes in heavily black populated).

There are crazy responses like "I grew up in a NICE black neighborhood with no crime so that means the premise (of blacks being more violent) is WRONG". Cmon ppl can't be that stupid!

Secondly, the high level of crime in black communities is based on culture more-so than their economic class (of course being poor is part of it, but whats more a PART of it is the culture of African Americans).

The top 50 cities with high levels of VIOLENT crimes, are all cities with relativity high population of blacks. Its as simple as that!

First of all, it should say poor black neighborhoods, but because that was not specified people feel the need to bring up the FACT that the crime rate is not high in middle class black neighboorhoods which kind of disproves your theory about culture. There are blacks living among blacks in neighborhoods that do not have high crime rates. Again I would still like to know what the point of this thread is. I could start a thread about how whites molest children at a disproportionate rate, but then what would be the point, unless I was trying to insinuate that this is some genetic trait or that no one should allow their children around white people. Since I am not racist, I don't believe any of that - just making a point.

Maybe I should start a thread and ask white people why their ancestors thought it was okay to kill non-white people all over the planet and steal their land while committing some of the biggest and most heinous crimes, without punishment in the the history of mankind - is this genetic or was it culture? Either way, has this changed and if so, how?

It is so small minded of people to constantly post threads like this. Does it somehow put you on a pedastal because your race has less criminals (in terms of who is convicted since sentencing disparity and other factors aren't even considered in these discussions)? Is this some sort of affirmation to racists? Is it a recruiting tactic. Someone please tell me what is so exciting and joyous about people admitting that blacks are worse than whites. Again, what do you want to do about this - kills the blacks?

Old 11-21-2011, 11:52 AM

So are you people saying you wouldn't live in a rich gate black neighborhood if you could afford it? Be honest.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:54 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,957,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Thats very true. The thread about the whites mobbing up at penn state because a child molester got arrested was deleted in like 30 minutes.
And unfortunately both of our posts will probably get deleted. Mine because of what I said and yours because you're quoting me. Yet again these threads live on. I'd really like to know what the point is here - blacks are bad? How many threads are there about this here. I did a search and there were quite a bit, but none about whites being bad.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Again, what do you want to do about this - kills the blacks?
You'd actually be surprised at what people answer. Especially when a "flashmobbing" thread pops up.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:57 AM

450 posts, read 504,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
First of all, it should say poor black neighborhoods, but because that was not specified people feel the need to bring up the FACT that the crime rate is not high in middle class black neighboorhoods which kind of disproves your theory about culture. There are blacks living among blacks in neighborhoods that do not have high crime rates. Again I would still like to know what the point of this thread is. I could start a thread about how whites molest children at a disproportionate rate, but then what would be the point, unless I was trying to insinuate that this is some genetic trait or that no one should allow their children around white people. Since I am not racist, I don't believe any of that - just making a point.

Maybe I should start a thread and ask white people why their ancestors thought it was okay to kill non-white people all over the planet and steal their land while committing some of the biggest and most heinous crimes, without punishment in the the history of mankind - is this genetic or was it culture? Either way, has this changed and if so, how?

It is so small minded of people to constantly post threads like this. Does it somehow put you on a pedastal because your race has less criminals (in terms of who is convicted since sentencing disparity and other factors aren't even considered in these discussions)? Is this some sort of affirmation to racists? Is it a recruiting tactic. Someone please tell me what is so exciting and joyous about people admitting that blacks are worse than whites. Again, what do you want to do about this - kills the blacks?

LOL you actually make some really really good points.

Although I find nothing wrong or racist if you or anyone would make threads about stereotypes or faults about white people or any other race (like the pedophile point you mentioned).

I do agree that there isn't really a "point" to it, but why does it have to be a "point" to it? This is a discussion board and many threads (probably most) really have no point BUT to discuss a certain topic.

I see no problem with that

Lastly mentioning middle class black Americans (and there safer neighborhoods) in this discussion IMO does not prove that violent crime factors are not based on culture.

As I said earlier, being poor is a factor. But again there are many many poor communities that do not have the issues that poor BLACK communities have (related to this violent crimes discussion). So how is not based on the culture of African Americans?

Old 11-21-2011, 11:58 AM

4,592 posts, read 9,234,118 times
The title of this thread is a little misleading and can be interpretated as offensive because there are some really nice majority black neighborhoods, although public schools are often a different story, at least in Chicago. I live in a city(pop. 25k) that had a murder rate of 43 per 100k last year. It's 75% black, the rest are Mexicans and a few East Indians and a small white population remaining. There are a lot people with link cards living here and it doesn't hold to the typical image of what a suburb is. However, the adjacent town is about as black as my city, but it's much nicer, middle class, and about 90% of the occupied households are owned. However, the public high school within the village is subpar, but the crime rate is below national average.

I will say that many cities with a mixed population where black people are largest minority represented, the poorest and/or worst side of the cities are too often, populated by a lot of blacks, regardless when the general black population of the city is as small as 10% or a high 30-50%.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 11-21-2011 at 12:08 PM..

Old 11-21-2011, 12:00 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,745,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Maybe because I'm from Philly....but the black neighborhoods always have much higher violent crime rates than non black neighborhoods.

Does anyone know of a neighborhood that turned black and got better?

Please post data....not just hyperbole.
I don't think the majority of people are 'afraid' to admit that black neighborhoods are more dangerous (on average) than non-black neighborhoods. Where did you get the idea that they are?

Old 11-21-2011, 12:00 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,695,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
So are you people saying you wouldn't live in a rich gate black neighborhood if you could afford it? Be honest.
I would!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies